It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:51 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Mine was done for about $30K total... but absolutely everything was top of the line stuff. The only junker part we used was a HP D30 out of an XJ...
The coilovers alone where worth several thousand. Rims and tires where several grand. You don't have to go that expensive... lots of ways to cut cost. I just don't like doing that. Broken too many rigs because I went cheap the first time. If I was going to do it, it was going to be first class.

Probably do it for 15-20 with Quinn's labor if you cut all the fat out of it. Ball park though.... ask JJ, I think he put a deposit down ;)

Used to have: 02 Rene w/ SFA Swap. Sold... I'll miss her
New Baby is an 07 1500 Dodge HEMI
6" Lift and lots O Go Fast parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ARBSeth wrote:
Mine was done for about $30K total... but absolutely everything was top of the line stuff. The only junker part we used was a HP D30 out of an XJ...
The coilovers alone where worth several thousand. Rims and tires where several grand. You don't have to go that expensive... lots of ways to cut cost. I just don't like doing that. Broken too many rigs because I went cheap the first time. If I was going to do it, it was going to be first class.

Probably do it for 15-20 with Quinn's labor if you cut all the fat out of it. Ball park though.... ask JJ, I think he put a deposit down ;)
Tell me about the cost,going top of the line myself,the only used parts for me is the HP44 front housing and Chevy front calipher mounts,otherwise all new.Since I'll be doing alot of the wrenching(just not the fab and welding) it will keep the cost somewhere below a new Caddy :roll: . So far by my little sheet I'll be spending about $13,000 in parts and that's before the lift cost(materials) and labor(for fab and welding).Hurry up Army and boot my butt out,I need that severence pay :lol: to pay for this swap!!!!It's taking to long getting a piece here and a piece there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:19 pm 
I live here
I live here

That definitely seals the deal for me. No SFA! No way no how! I would rather buy my toy fun car than do that. I'll take a completely restored 1967 Austin Healey BJ 3000 Mark III for $30k over the SFA anyday.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Last edited by Tokyojoe on Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
That definitely seals the deal for me. No SFA! No way no how! I would rather buy my toy fun car than do that. I'll take a completely restored 1963 Austin Healey BJ 3000 Mark III for $30k over the SFA anyday.

Don't worry, we will drag you through Kane Creek in it. :twisted:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

ARBSeth wrote:
4:56 gears with a 4:1 T case in it, too...
And if I had known about the 35's from the get go, probably would have gone 4:88's.
Although I did get a little gas mileage back with the 35's vs the 33's.
So maybe not... it still crawls well with the Tera Low in it.
And it does have a couple goodies under the hood. Custom headers, opened up the exhaust with a Flowmaster and some larger pipes... the cat seems to have gotten lost somewhere :twisted: K&N, Custom throttle body spacer... couple other things.

WOW I just want to say be proud of your ride (i know i would be)But until i win the LOTTO I will have to go with my stocker and buy stuff as soon as i can get the wife to slow down on $$$$$ spending .

frt and rear recievers . Champion 10,000 lbs winch
Valley roof basket
Kelly Safari MSR 246/75R16
1988 Goldwing GL1500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sloo1v7CZ78 Stock at this time

Post subject: I like your TASTE
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:31 pm 
LOST Addict

Hey TOKYOJOE a '67 AH 3000 :!: Just one word SWEET. It might not be a Jeep, and not to good off road. But it's still one sweet ride. I do admire your taste in off road and on road vehicles. :D

LEAD :D FOLLOW :P or GET OUT of THE WAY :shock: :twisted: 8) :-)r :-)r :-)r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:12 pm 
I live here
I live here

Going off topic for a bit:

My first car, that I paid for (while working at McDonalds) right after high school was a `73 MG Midget (chrome bumper, not that crappy black plastic thing that came around in `74-`75 like on the MGB's.

Back to the topic, SFA and 35's.

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

WOW. *drool* That is an amazing Liberty!

My bf has 35"x either 10.5 or 12.5 on his truck, and they rub. I couldn't imagine those on a Liberty. Your Jeep must be gigantic in real life (like standing next to it). You should get a pic of your liberty next to a stock one!

Toyo Open Country ATs 235/65/17

1992 Geo Metro Convertible...undergoing full restoration (http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=43375)

1981 Honda CM400E motorcycle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jeepgirl0385 wrote:

My bf has 35"x either 10.5 or 12.5 on his truck, and they rub. I couldn't imagine those on a Liberty. Your Jeep must be gigantic in real life (like standing next to it). You should get a pic of your liberty next to a stock one!
Well my KJ isn't stock,I got just about 4" of lift and running 32" tires,here is a pic of Seth's parked next to mine in MOAB when he still had the 34"(I believe) tires on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:41 pm 
LOST Addict

you know he sells hotdogs out of the back of his kj while on excursions.. :shock:

seth, when will you be in austin tx ? need to go have another brewski or 3....

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn13 ... ider_2008/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

tjkj2002 wrote:
jeepgirl0385 wrote:

Well my KJ isn't stock,I got just about 4" of lift and running 32" tires,here is a pic of Seth's parked next to mine in MOAB when he still had the 34"(I believe) tires on.

Wow, now I am drooling 2x as much! Those are both amazing looking rigs!

Toyo Open Country ATs 235/65/17

1992 Geo Metro Convertible...undergoing full restoration (http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=43375)

1981 Honda CM400E motorcycle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:37 am 

Cactus Green and Lambo Orange... I still think Hemi Orange would look better, man.
Yeah, we turned a few heads this year.

I'm taking the Beast up the Rubicon next week with a bunch of writers and the guys from Rubicon Express.
Stay tuned for plenty of pictures of "My KJ is pulling your decked out TJ up the 'Con" pictures!

Good stuff.

Used to have: 02 Rene w/ SFA Swap. Sold... I'll miss her
New Baby is an 07 1500 Dodge HEMI
6" Lift and lots O Go Fast parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ARBSeth wrote:
Cactus Green and Lambo Orange... I still think Hemi Orange would look better, man.

I'm taking the Beast up the Rubicon next week with a bunch of writers and the guys from Rubicon Express.
Stay tuned for plenty of pictures of "My KJ is pulling your decked out TJ up the 'Con" pictures!

Good stuff.

Oh they should love your Nth stuff! :twisted:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:11 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

ARBSeth wrote:

Good stuff.

Be nice to those RE guys. They really know how to pack that JKunl with beer!

Seth, is that the underprivileged kids run you're going on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

I cannot tell you how jealous I am right now......

Very cool.

Post subject: gorgeous
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I originally got the idea from ARB Seth, and “YES” that painted bumper is as gorgeous as gorgeous gets. 8)

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:19 pm 
LOST Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
That definitely seals the deal for me. No SFA! No way no how! I would rather buy my toy fun car than do that. I'll take a completely restored 1967 Austin Healey BJ 3000 Mark III for $30k over the SFA anyday.

sfa can be done for under 8k... its not arbseths kj (which is beautiful, and my wife agreed to that :P ) but its functional, and kick arse... OHV KJ's rig is running 36" swamper iroks right now. And since he had the current shop work re-axle swap it he only had 1 minor problem with it (i think he had some bearings in his rear axle go south, nothing associated with the swap) and hes done some serious wheeling with it. He of course spent more than 8K, but he had to have it completely re-done after the first guy jacked it up. I was quoted at $6000, and thats with front & rear long arms, front hpd30, 4.56 gears, front coilovers, rear coils & shocks, both driveshafts, all the steering components, and labor, some other details also. I'm sure other shops can preform the swap for a compairable price. Lets face it, not all of use is crawling moab every weekend and need prorock60's. Of course doing a simpler sfa swap will make it easier to stuff larger axles and tires under your rig in the future :wink: just throwing it out there... if your on the southeast coast get in touch with ohv_kj if you want info on the shop that does the swap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ramlebliberty wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:

sfa can be done for under 8k... its not arbseths kj (which is beautiful, and my wife agreed to that :P ) but its functional, and kick arse... OHV KJ's rig is running 36" swamper iroks right now. And since he had the current shop work re-axle swap it he only had 1 minor problem with it (i think he had some bearings in his rear axle go south, nothing associated with the swap) and hes done some serious wheeling with it. He of course spent more than 8K, but he had to have it completely re-done after the first guy jacked it up. I was quoted at $6000, and thats with front & rear long arms, front hpd30, 4.56 gears, front coilovers, rear coils & shocks, both driveshafts, all the steering components, and labor, some other details also. I'm sure other shops can preform the swap for a compairable price. Lets face it, not all of use is crawling moab every weekend and need prorock60's. Of course doing a simpler sfa swap will make it easier to stuff larger axles and tires under your rig in the future :wink: just throwing it out there... if your on the southeast coast get in touch with ohv_kj if you want info on the shop that does the swap
The HPD30 won't last long running 36" IROK's under a heavy vehicle,he'll get away with it for a little bit.The rear bearing failure is another victim of to large of tires for the axle,at least can accelerate it drastically.As yet no one has gotten a SFA KJ done for less then $10,000,highly doubt it can be done for less then that and still be able to safely drive it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:35 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
ramlebliberty wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:

The HPD30 won't last long running 36" IROK's under a heavy vehicle,he'll get away with it for a little bit.The rear bearing failure is another victim of to large of tires for the axle,at least can accelerate it drastically.As yet no one has gotten a SFA KJ done for less then $10,000,highly doubt it can be done for less then that and still be able to safely drive it.

the bearings went bad with 33's
his is safe to drive, hes driving it over 100 mile to uhwarrie, wheeling all weekend, then driving it home. the setup he runs can be done comfortably under 10k.
i wouldn't run more than 33's, but he's upgrading to 44/60 or 14 bolt soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:40 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

ramlebliberty wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
ramlebliberty wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:

the bearings went bad with 33's
his is safe to drive, hes driving it over 100 mile to uhwarrie, wheeling all weekend, then driving it home. the setup he runs can be done comfortably under 10k.
i wouldn't run more than 33's, but he's upgrading to 44/60 or 14 bolt soon.

I still want to know what you are getting paid for advertising for this guy's shop. Everytime someone mentions a lift you are right there on it ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next