It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:24 pm 
I live here
I live here

*DROOL*

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Tokyojoe wrote:
*DROOL*

x2!! I'm so jealous..... :lol:

245/75-16 Mastercraft Courser HSX, 16x7 Cragar, 2" OME MD Lift, ARB Bumper
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Currently working on: Full service on transmission & bed-lining ARB bumper

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=84650

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JJsKJ wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
lookin good JJ,by the way the 2nd pic it looks the the bolt for the LCA is loose.

Got one ? for you if you don't mind,did you use a stock Ford pitman arm or a aftermarket drop arm? If a drop arm how much of a drop?

Stock pitman.....oh and good eagle eye there! You win a prize! 8)
You caught me in between loosening and retorquing some nuts & bolts.
So what do I win?(JK :lol: )

Thanks,got the steering gear just didn't know if I needed a drop arm or not,guess I'll pick a stock arm up monday.Can't wait to start on my SFA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
lookin good JJ,by the way the 2nd pic it looks the the bolt for the LCA is loose.

Got one ? for you if you don't mind,did you use a stock Ford pitman arm or a aftermarket drop arm? If a drop arm how much of a drop?

Stock pitman.....oh and good eagle eye there! You win a prize! 8)
You caught me in between loosening and retorquing some nuts & bolts.
So what do I win?(JK :lol: )

Thanks,got the steering gear just didn't know if I needed a drop arm or not,guess I'll pick a stock arm up monday.Can't wait to start on my SFA.

Depending on how your steering angles end up w/ whatever steering parts you are using you might need a drop arm. Sure you can get one of each and return whatever you end up not using.

Thanks for all the comments and drooling folks. It has been very distracting to me getting my homework and other stuff done this weekend for sure. I spent a good half hour just laying under it and staring at it all. :shock:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:01 pm 
LOST Addict

reeeeeaaaaaaal nice, jj.

looking good. cant wait to see it in action.

money well spent ! :twisted:

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn13 ... ider_2008/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:32 am 
LOST Addict

Got a question about your front brake lines. How come you didn't use flexible lines all the way to the knuckle? It seems a little backwards from most other brake set-ups I've seen. Will that help keep it from rubbing on the tires on the street and keep it from pulling out when flexed? I had one of mine rub on the tire enough to put a hole in it and I've been looking for a good permanent solution to keep it from happening again ever since. Right now it's just zip tied to my shock for on road and I cut it loose for off road.

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject: Awesome!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:46 am 
LOST Member

:cry: Such a thing of beauty... Need flex shots though. Congratulations JJ, that is one cool ride. The speedometer sounds about right (off about 10% due to tire size). Just get it re-calibrated and it should be fine. I'm glad that whole thing worked out for you. I can't wait til the day I see that machine in action. I already know what happens when I try and follow you. Now I'll really know just to stand back and watch. Nice rig JJ. And a dozen steps closer to being done. :)

Dave

Yukon Rear Axles
265/75 16 TrXus M/T's and Bridgestone Revo's
Fumoto Valve
Aero Turbine 2525
Rock Lizard Komodo Bumper
Sundance Custom's Front Bumper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:08 am 
LOST Addict

jeepkj02 wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
*DROOL*

x2!! I'm so jealous..... :lol:

X3, that's 1 crap hot KJ, you must be keen as to get it out onto a trail.

(So when is the wife getting her KJ an SFA :?: )

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:10 am 
LOST Addict

I think I wet my pants when I saw this :wink:

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

chefdab wrote:
Got a question about your front brake lines. How come you didn't use flexible lines all the way to the knuckle? It seems a little backwards from most other brake set-ups I've seen. Will that help keep it from rubbing on the tires on the street and keep it from pulling out when flexed? I had one of mine rub on the tire enough to put a hole in it and I've been looking for a good permanent solution to keep it from happening again ever since. Right now it's just zip tied to my shock for on road and I cut it loose for off road.

I am looking into the brakelines myself. I am not happy w/ the bottom portion where it goes into the caliper but that is how the extended lines that JeepinAl offered and it is what I had at the time. I added some throttle return springs to the hose portion yesterday so the hoses would stay pulled out of the way. For now it should be fine. (fingers crossed)

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:21 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JJsKJ wrote:
chefdab wrote:

I am looking into the brakelines myself. I am not happy w/ the bottom portion where it goes into the caliper but that is how the extended lines that JeepinAl offered and it is what I had at the time. I added some throttle return springs to the hose portion yesterday so the hoses would stay pulled out of the way. For now it should be fine. (fingers crossed)
You might want to check out classictube.com,they make those braided lines that JBA sells),this link----http://www.classictube.com/brdhoses.asp---is the web page for the braided lines.Scroll to the bottom of the page and you can pull up a PDF file of there complete line,they list seperate lines in different lengths(up to 60" long) and many different bango's on the last 3 pages of the PDF file(pages 85,86,and 87).After I measure for the length of lines I need I'll be getting my lines from classictube since I already have the JBA braided lines to work off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:01 pm 
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH

JJsKJ wrote:
Home at last....

That's just beautiful. I got a little tear in my eye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:44 pm 
LOST Junkie

so is it really supposed to fit in the garage after this? :P lookin good JJ, glad you have your baby back

Tint
Rusty's 2.5" Suspension
245/75/16 BFG AT KO's
16x8 Big Hoss XD Series Rims
Limited Edition Wheel Cover
Coleman Roof Rack
3-D cell maglite and mount
Mopar Cross Rails
Ebay seat covers with jeep embroidery.
K&N air filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
chefdab wrote:

You might want to check out classictube.com,they make those braided lines that JBA sells),this link----http://www.classictube.com/brdhoses.asp---is the web page for the braided lines.Scroll to the bottom of the page and you can pull up a PDF file of there complete line,they list seperate lines in different lengths(up to 60" long) and many different bango's on the last 3 pages of the PDF file(pages 85,86,and 87).After I measure for the length of lines I need I'll be getting my lines from classictube since I already have the JBA braided lines to work off.

Yeppers, I already have their catalog.

Oh, and No way it will ever fit back into the garage again...... :? Then again, none of my vehicles fit w/ that old Mustang sitting in there. :roll:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:04 pm 
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin

JJ,

Congrats man!!!! You got yourself one bad ARS KJ!!! I envy you soo!!!! :twisted: It came out perfect!!!

So what can us out there with the urge expect to save up in the piggie bank to get soemthing like this done if you don't mind me asking bud??

Mike

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kolesy wrote:
JJ,

Congrats man!!!! You got yourself one bad ARS KJ!!! I envy you soo!!!! :twisted: It came out perfect!!!

So what can us out there with the urge expect to save up in the piggie bank to get soemthing like this done if you don't mind me asking bud??

Mike

Oh the variables......
Fab and install labor ran about $7500-ish then start figuring out what you are going to do for lift suspension components, axles, gearing, lockers and such, transfer case, driveshafts, springs, shocks, wheels, tires, steering, brakes, etc. etc. etc.
It is a crazy shopping list that can be insane or mild depending on what parts you can buy used and how much of the parts assembly work you can do yourself. I will be posting up more detailed info to add to the previous listings I had in this thread. My list included quite a few upgrades along the way so that added to my total. In all, I believe I have just shy of $20k wrapped up into it which does include some spare parts. :shock:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:22 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JJsKJ wrote:
kolesy wrote:
JJ,

Mike

Oh the variables......
Fab and install labor ran about $7500-ish then start figuring out what you are going to do for lift suspension components, axles, gearing, lockers and such, transfer case, driveshafts, springs, shocks, wheels, tires, steering, brakes, etc. etc. etc.
It is a crazy shopping list that can be insane or mild depending on what parts you can buy used and how much of the parts assembly work you can do yourself. I will be posting up more detailed info to add to the previous listings I had in this thread. My list included quite a few upgrades along the way so that added to my total. In all, I believe I have just shy of $20k wrapped up into it which does include some spare parts. :shock:
Ya it can get expensive fast :shock: ,I've got $15,000 in parts alone and another $4000 at least to buy.At least the labor is going to be dirt cheap since I'll be doing most of the grunt work,the fab on the bellypan,cradle,and steering brace is being done by Rock Lizard(with my help of course).The parts add up fast,really fast when using premium parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:33 pm 
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin

tjkj2002 wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
kolesy wrote:
JJ,

Mike

Oh the variables......
Ya it can get expensive fast :shock: ,I've got $15,000 in parts alone and another $4000 at least to buy.At least the labor is going to be dirt cheap since I'll be doing most of the grunt work,the fab on the bellypan,cradle,and steering brace is being done by Rock Lizard(with my help of course).The parts add up fast,really fast when using premium parts.

:shock: WoW!I was thinkin around 15,000, but phew another 5 at least on top of that! Wow I might need a creer change! SSgt just dont get paid that much! :lol: I guess I can see from this awesome write up JJ did at how quick the cash adds up and especially when you buy the quality parts!

I appreciate the honestly with the numbers guys! Now I need to hit that darn powerball and it will be SFAs for all!!!! :twisted:

Mike

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:23 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wow :shock: thats nice looking, be sure to post some pics of it on the trails!

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/

Post subject: And so it begins...errr...continue SFA kj
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:54 am 
LOST Member

JJ
Looks great seems like it's lifted a little higher then Wally's. 2 SFA to wheel with on the trails going to be fun to watch you guys. I'm going to try and make Calico this Saturday for the clean up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next