It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:21 pm 
I live here
I live here

Chop the top off, Line X the flooring, rip up the seats, add a roll bar, SFA it, put 35's on it, add old Yeller, shave yer head, wear a wife-beater white tank, carry a cooler of Budweiser and a handle of Jack Daniels, take out the back folding down seats and add side by side bench seats.......

Now you might be a cool KJ owner and attract hot women.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Tokyojoe wrote:
Chop the top off WITH A CHAINSAW, Line X the flooring, rip up the seats, add a roll bar, SFA it, put 35's THAT SAY "NO HUNTING" on it , add old Yeller, GET A MULLET HAIR CUT, wear a wife-beater white tank STAINED YELLOW FROM BEER, carry a cooler of PBR and a handle of JIM BEAM, take out the back folding down seats and add side by side LAWN CHAIRS.......

Fixed it for ya :wink: :-)r :-)r :-)r

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:47 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:
Chop the top off WITH A CHAINSAW, Line X the flooring, rip up the seats, add a roll bar, SFA it, put 35's THAT SAY "NO HUNTING" on it , add old Yeller, GET A MULLET HAIR CUT, wear a wife-beater white tank STAINED YELLOW FROM BEER, carry a cooler of PBR and a handle of JIM BEAM, take out the back folding down seats and add side by side LAWN CHAIRS.......

I was going to add that about the cahinsaw or just a plain old axe! He spent enough time around Athens he knows how they cut the tops off in Southern Ohio! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:33 am 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Tokyojoe wrote:

I was going to add that about the cahinsaw or just a plain old axe! He spent enough time around Athens he knows how they cut the tops off in Southern Ohio! :lol: :lol:

Why Do I Keep Hearing a Little Voice Saying "YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF.................................. :lol: :lol:

Post subject: The Original Sargent Rock
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:13 pm 
LOST Addict

Since I opened this can of worms a short time back I thought the next step would be show you where I origianlly go the idea for this little "What IF " So here it is:
http://www.gearztv.com/?em2048=97442_-1 ... =&ek=97442

and fanatsize to your hearts content. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Last edited by Rush345 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:22 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good gosh! You all musta been lookin for girls in my neck of the woods!

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject: Re: The Original Sargent Rock
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rush345 wrote:
Since I opened this can of worms a short time back I thought the next step would be show you where I origianlly go the idea for this little "What IF " So here it is:
http://www.gearztv.com/?em2048=97442_-1 ... =&ek=97442

and fanatsize to your hears content. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I remember that build, whata TRUCK!!! :shock:

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!

Post subject: New Link
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:56 am 
LOST Addict

I was watching TRUCK U on SPEED Channel. They had a spot on a guy called Chucks Trucks in Orlandao Florida and he builds all sort os trucks with Rockwell's for Monster Truck or even for both street and off road. So once again check out:

http://www.chuckstrucks.net/home.html

Maybe it will give somebody some ideas :shock: :roll: :P :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject: Re: To those of the wrangler breed
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Great answer...and so true, all you have to do is have Daddy buy a Wrangler for you and then take his credit card down to the 4 wheel drive shop and say call me when you are done! Some around Toledo like that and they are never seen dirty and if it rains they stay inside! :roll: :roll: :lol: Libertys take more thought and dreaming and then making it your own[/quote]

It's unfortunate that one Jeep owner has to slander another just because of the type of Jeep he/she owns and drives. I love my KJ, although I've only owned it for a few months now and haven't done any modifications to it, but I also love wranglers. Either way both are a hell of lot of fun to screw around in. The only difference I see is how much money do you have to spend to fit 32" tires on a liberty besides the cost of the vehicle and how much do you have to spend extra on a wrangler to fit those same tires? The new JK's all fit 32's right and without any rubbing or pinchweld pounding or worries about CV angles and balljoints?

And what if it's my credit card?

Like what you like and do what you will to it.

245/70r16s, renegade style drivelights, and skids to come!!!!

Post subject: Re: To those of the wrangler breed
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:59 pm 

Last edited by tommudd on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

All I'm trying to say, and I should have been more general with my post - I was using that quote as an example - is that they are both awesome vehicles and there is no point in stereotyping wrangler owners. Wranglers are more accessible... How long have they been around? The Liberty is relatively new when compared to the Wrangler and the majority of drivers are not planning on taking in offroad. If that wasn't the case then why not a SFA to begin with? Why the Dana 30a? If the liberty had been around for the same length of time I would expect there to be just as good of an aftermarket following.

It was meant as a general post and response to a general schema of wrangler owners (on this board or not). And if you bought a KJ under the sole principle that it would be more difficult to mod then kudos to you. But for the majority I think it was more along the lines of this is what I have, or this is what I find aesthetically pleasing, or this is my wife's/my daily driver - let me mod it up and see if I could get the best of both worlds. I'll work with what I have.

To many arguments are made using the phrase : to be unique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:18 pm 

Mike ...how long have I been around...well first Jeep was bought in 77 first 4WD was in 73, have had 4WDs and Harleys ever since. Everyone of them have been modded, maybe one of the few who have built a 4WD Dodge van with Dana 60s and 40s on it so I have been around. Nothing against Wranglers, its just too easy to walk in anywhere and buy everything to make you look like what we used to have to built ourselves out of scraps and whatever. As far as slandering anyone that knows me will tell you I will wheel with anyone no matter what they drive as long as you build it and wheel it like its suppose to be. To each his own but to accuse me of slandering ....well to each his own

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Maybe I'm not getting my point across.
Like I have already said, I wasn't trying to point you out Tom.. I was using what you said as an example and nothing else, but I can certainly see how that looks otherwise. Would it have been better if I used a quote from someone bashing KK's who owns a KJ? Or a JK owner bashing all liberty owners? Hell, I've heard a TJ owner put down JK owners. Sorry that I offended you, I was not trying to slander (there's that word again) your person or your offroading/building experience. K? I was complaining about people in general who seem to have an affinity for putting down other peoples rides based on what they believe to be the end all be all. Nothing was meant to be solely directed at you. I don't know the slightest thing about you so why would I accuse you solely of anything?

In my opinion there is more than one way to enjoy a vehicle. For one wrangler owner it may be taking off the doors and the top and cruising to the shore on nothing more than stock tires. And for another it could be a built offroad rig with the scars to prove it. But I know quite a few guys up here who use to offroad every weekend, but now they don't have that desire but refuse to give up lifting their new wranglers and stuffing big tires on. Same thing goes with KJ/KK owners right? SFA vs. frakenlift vs. spacer lifts. All depends on how you want to go about it. (I'm not trying to continue this dude, this last part was just my opinion. Probably the way I should have gone from the begining ;) )