It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your old IFS parts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

You guys doing these SFA swaps have your old parts still around or up for sale? I don't see any in the FS section. I just posted a WTB post looking for the original solid center section assembly. I think I need it...bad.

I'm gathering parts for an SFA, but in the meantime I have what appears to be a worn intermediate shaft on the passenger side. Appears the retaining ring worn down and allowed the halfshaft to back off and wear the end. The lead time for the parts is crazy, and far too expensive for what will essentially get ditched this fall for the SFA. If any of you have one laying around or looking to get tossed in the garbage, I'd really like to talk ya out of a now useless part.

If not, I'm going to have to commit a sin and *GASP* run around as a 2-wheel liberty. Save me the shame please!

Thanks for the time...
Chums

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I drove around as a 2wd for a year and it just made it easier to focus on getting my butt in gear to get teh SFA done. There is some value in those front diffs especially as others start to mess aorund w/ bigger tires on bigger IFS lifts. My spare is a back up for my wifes KJ until someone needs it S$$$ooooo bad. :twisted:

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Crap! Thanks for the info bud. I just made a post that is probably wasted now. Perhaps two really. Just asked about whether it is safe to run without the shafts and just bolting the wheels on the spindle. I'm looking at around 3 months (maybe 2) until I'm ready to go with the SFA install and hate to spend a large chunk of change on the IFS...ya know? That's money I can spend on the swap.

"S$$$ooooo bad" is just S$o bad if I can get by without it. I want the SFA S$$$ooooo much more badly 8)

Can ya comment on running without shafts on a 4x4 without being a too big of a pain in the rear? Errr...front.

I'm afraid of cross-posting more than I have already. As a noob, is this practice of cross posting OK around here? I lurk more than actually take part in the community. I'm asking for parts in WTB, talking about getting parts here, and then made a topic on running as a 2x4 in another section. I've been bashed hard in *yarrrr* other forums for doing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Chumly wrote:
Crap! Thanks for the info bud. I just made a post that is probably wasted now. Perhaps two really. Just asked about whether it is safe to run without the shafts and just bolting the wheels on the spindle. I'm looking at around 3 months (maybe 2) until I'm ready to go with the SFA install and hate to spend a large chunk of change on the IFS...ya know? That's money I can spend on the swap.

"S$$$ooooo bad" is just S$o bad if I can get by without it. I want the SFA S$$$ooooo much more badly 8)

Can ya comment on running without shafts on a 4x4 without being a too big of a pain in the rear? Errr...front.

I'm afraid of cross-posting more than I have already. As a noob, is this practice of cross posting OK around here? I lurk more than actually take part in the community. I'm asking for parts in WTB, talking about getting parts here, and then made a topic on running as a 2x4 in another section. I've been bashed hard in *yarrrr* other forums for doing this.

I ran w/out front drive shaft or half shafts for a while when I broke my front diff and then w/out Any front drivetrain parts while waiting to gather up the parts for my SAS. The Jeep doesn't know any better......as long as you let it know that it will be made better in the near future. I agree, no sense wasting any more time or $$ on the IFS if you are serious about a SAS.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm your doppleganger, just late to the game. Thanks for the info in my post spamming recently.

And yes, I pat her hood every night telling her it'll be better and as soon as I can. No kidding. We all do that, right? I even leave the music on in the garage. The GF got in a bit of trouble for turning it off one the nights last week. The CJ doesn't like the attention she's getting, so I'm just guessing she breaks this weekend just to get my garage cussing aimed back at 'er. I don't think they get along.

Oh, I'm done BTW, and that's why I'm still here talking. I've gotten really good at pulling the front end apart, and both sides are yanked. I don't feel better, but I can get to work at least. It's very humiliating peeking under there seeing no meat. Drove it around the block...it'll do I guess. I just cracked a brew, so no more testing for the night. I'll relax a little and a more in depth run tomorrow. Thought I heard some other random "clang" but not long enough to worry all night about it at this point in time. Two more days until I have to go back to work.

Hmmm...this would normally cost me. We can donate to the site, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

well i have a crap load of stuff for sale...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Chumly wrote:

Join up as a "Lifetime Member" if you really want to support the forums......Even better though is to stick around and Share your knowledge and experiences in a friendly manner w/ the other members. That is what really pays for this forum.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

JJsKJ wrote:
Chumly wrote:

Join up as a "Lifetime Member" if you really want to support the forums......Even better though is to stick around and Share your knowledge and experiences in a friendly manner w/ the other members. That is what really pays for this forum.

i 2nd that :wink: :wink: :D