It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SFA and ABS?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

is the abs version of the dana 30 compatible with the abs and wheel speed wiring and computer on the liberty?

Post subject: Re: SFA and ABS?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Go to the SFA section and read there. As far i as know no one has kept abs so far.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

i'm not against getting rid of it. but what will that do the traction control systems and computer? it doesn't go into any kind of limp mode?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nobody knows if the XJ's HP30 ABS sensors will work with the KJ system,only one way to find out is try it out.The only draw back is you will have to maintain the weak 27 spline axles which severely limits the tire size you can run.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:11 pm 
LOST Addict

we are pulling the plug on ABS for now

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:41 am 
LOST Newbie

tjkj2002 wrote:
Nobody knows if the XJ's HP30 ABS sensors will work with the KJ system,only one way to find out is try it out.The only draw back is you will have to maintain the weak 27 spline axles which severely limits the tire size you can run.

i'm hoping to stick with 33's if i can. definitely not more than 35's. i plan on staying with the 29 spline 8.25 rear if i can. but at the heights i'm seeing the SFA liberties attain... maybe full widths would be better... that would certainly give me more room for front springs

if there's no drawbacks to pulling the abs and the abs light can be ignored or disabled then this build is up in the air again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JeepXLC wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:

i'm hoping to stick with 33's if i can. definitely not more than 35's. i plan on staying with the 29 spline 8.25 rear if i can. but at the heights i'm seeing the SFA liberties attain... maybe full widths would be better... that would certainly give me more room for front springs

if there's no drawbacks to pulling the abs and the abs light can be ignored or disabled then this build is up in the air again.

If you have a '06 or '07 KJ you will have issues without the ABS.Full widths are needed to run seperate coils and shocks(I know I'm running full widths and barely have enough room for the coils),you need to run coil overs for TJ/XJ axles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
If you have a '06 or '07 KJ you will have issues without the ABS.Full widths are needed to run seperate coils and shocks(I know I'm running full widths and barely have enough room for the coils),you need to run coil overs for TJ/XJ axles.

And......if you don't get creative with how you mount your coil overs on the TJ/XJ axle you will still be really tight on room.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

well crap. it's an '07...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Spider 9's baby. Spider 9's. :goink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:19 pm 
LOST Addict

The other unknown is how fast your insurance company will run from you if you get in a accident and it's discovered that you bypassed safety features like ABS and ESP.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.