It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone Try a SFA Conversion on a CRD Yet???
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:24 am 
LOST Member

Now that I've decided to go ahead and keep the CRD for a while, I'm thinking seriously about doing a SFA as soon as the warranty is done and my pickup is payed off (this November). My only question is if it's even possible to do a solid axle conversion on a CRD with it's lower engine cradle/crossmember etc.???

Post subject: Re: Anyone Try a SFA Conversion on a CRD Yet???
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=45468

Look around the SFA area for Jeepbumm68. He is doing one on his girlfriends CRD

31x10.5x15 BFG AT on black steels
Front and rear tow hooks
Polk audio db6501 full range speakers and tweeters
12" Kicker Comp CVR sub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:30 pm 
LOST Addict

Hey there. The SFA to the CRD is a different beast. We CRD's lose about 4'' of front room for a steering box because of the oversized intercooler. We have found a way around this. I will start updating are thread. We are not done, but have gotten the front coilovers in place. this weekend coming up the steering box goes in, and the front should be assembled

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:16 pm 
LOST Addict

JeepBumm68 wrote:
Hey there. The SFA to the CRD is a different beast. We CRD's lose about 4'' of front room for a steering box because of the oversized intercooler. We have found a way around this. I will start updating are thread. We are not done, but have gotten the front coilovers in place. this weekend coming up the steering box goes in, and the front should be assembled

I thought they were shipping you out? Glad to see you are getting back to the beast 8)

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Yea!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 am 
LOST Addict

Was supposed to be happening. Gotta love how the military jacks up paper work. So back home for a few months before i leave for some schools.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im looking to SFA my CRD with Spider Trax spider 9's and some Hummer portal box ends. That way I should be able to get larger tire clearance without having to lift the truck much.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:00 pm 
LOST Member

I just wish there was a shop somewhere close with the kind of expertise needed to fab this up for me at a decent price once I get everything thrown together, as I can't cut or weld steel for sh*t and don't have the equipment anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

2mopar_diesels wrote:
I just wish there was a shop somewhere close with the kind of expertise needed to fab this up for me at a decent price once I get everything thrown together, as I can't cut or weld steel for sh*t and don't have the equipment anyways.

Memphis isn't too far away from you, is it? That might have some more 4x4 shops as it's starting to get into the mountains (a little).

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm 
LOST Member

dgeist wrote:
2mopar_diesels wrote:

Memphis isn't too far away from you, is it? That might have some more 4x4 shops as it's starting to get into the mountains (a little).

Dan

Yeh, I got a line on a shop in that very same vicinity that might be willing to cut me a good price as long as I plaster their stickers on it and promote their business in kind of a promotion deal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Well there are some difference with the CRD as far as room for the steering box, and a few other things.