It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: SFA Coming up!
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:36 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RED_KJ_666 wrote:
arengant wrote:
RED_KJ_666 wrote:
Axle getting lined up after being moved back about 2"

So what are you going to do about the fuel tank? When I was putting on my skid for the tank I saw the straps that hold the tank and it seems possible to move it a little.

Riddler MFG. Diff Cover on the 8.25", It's way thinner than the Stock cover. It may actually move back another 1/2" inch depending on how the rear travels once the Arms are finished.

Good luck,I would not cut as that is structural unless you like it to fall apart,don't cut and you will have about 1" of up travel.The "rails" the gas tank sits on prevents it from moving back any farther.

For the front it's the "frame rails" that prevent you from keeping it low,again unless you want 1" or less up travel for flex.

Gotta remember the KJ was designed for IFS,in the front those "rails" are major structural parts of the uniframe and can not be cut without effecting the whole vehicle.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

:wink: Cut Plate Repeat this isn't the first uni-body vehicle the guy building my jeep has done so I'm going too trust his judgement calls as far as what can and can't be changed. My set-up is being designed for about 2.5" of up Travel and everything else down anyways. Bumpstops are my friend. The Axel moves clear of the tank at 2" back with the factory cover on so it should be alright with the Riddler which is about an inch lower when on a flat surface than the Stocker. Thanks for the feedback tho TJKJ I thought it was Driveshaft to oil pan clearance but if it's axel to those rails I can live with that. I'm sure we can figure out a way to let the front go up a little into the rails possibly a piece of Sch.40 6" pipe split and welled into the front rails? There has too be a solution to the height issues that we are all aware of SAS Liberties having.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:14 am 
LOST Newbie

How many inches of lift are you planning to get??

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:37 pm 
LOST Junkie

Shooting at 6" of lift total with 2" of up travel, 12" travel FOA Coilovers up front and 14" Travel Bilstiens in the back.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:37 am 
LOST Newbie

I hope you can sit it at 6"... I would like to do the SFA upgrade, but 8-10" of lift like most of guys get is too high for me...

Are you going to use the XJ OEM brackets over the axle? The upper links and track bar don´t touch the oil pan??... Or may be you can use some brackets like this, in order to remove the OEM upper links brackets:

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

I think that Ballistic was probably the worst company I have ever dealt with, I will personally never deal with them again. That being said all of the brackets are being built buy the Shop doing my build CVO (Custom Vehicle Outfitters). Not sure if I posted a picture of the cover that I got from Ballistic but it looked like Stevie Wonder welded it. I can't see the brackets being anywhere near the oil pan with the front end stretched as far as we can. 3-4" Stretch on the front, Shooting at Gaining 5-6" of wheel Base total. Like TJKJ said before tho maybe there is no way too get around being that Tall, I however am not afraid to cut too make it happen.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:43 pm 
LOST Junkie

Frame 1/4" Stiffener You can't see the control Arm Mount on the other side I just took some quick shots.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:13 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Why the huge holes? That would be a huge crush sleeve! What is it 2.5"?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:35 am 
LOST Junkie

It's to get more welding surface, weld around the circle not sure if you can see the small holes in the back weld all those and stitch across the top. I believe that is the plan.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:27 pm 
LOST Junkie

She's coming together.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looking good....keep at it.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:29 am 
LOST Junkie

It's had the Rear in for a few days, Here are a few pictures. I have been thinking about painting it when it's done.

^^ This is on OME 864's, which are way too tall for me.
^^This shot is with the 948's under the rear, I think we might end up using OME891 springs in the rear. They have a free height that is 2.5" taller than the 948's and have a rate of 210lb/inch, they should give me the ride,height,and Flex I want.
I noticed this as soon as the 864's where in this message appeared on my rear glass, Think the Jeep is trying too tell me something?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

May be the OME 861, they are for FJ80 too and the same length than 864 (320lbs/in), but the spring rate is 220 lbs/in...

If the OME 891 comes with the same spring rate than OME 948 but 2.5 inches longer, I think you woulnd't get the 6" of lift you want... may be 4-5", but I am guessing... :juggle:

What about JBA 6" rear coils????

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

I sent him an E-mail to get the specs on the 6" rear Coils but haven't gotten a reply yet. I won't be ordering new rears until we get the front situated where it needs too be.

The Mother of all OME specs is found here:
http://store.geo4wdparts.com/uploads/PD ... ul2010.pdf

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 11:21 am 
LOST Junkie

RCS8(8" JBA Spring) = 3.5 id x 4.5 id x 18.5 Free Height at 200 lb rate

RCS6(6" JBA Spring) = 3.5 id x 4.5 id x 16.5" Free Height at 200 lb rate, That Being said the OME 891 looks too be the winner for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:15 am 
LOST Addict

Lookin good, like the wheel and tire combo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:40 pm 
LOST Junkie

Thanks the project has slowed down a little recently, the guy who runs The shop where the work is being done hasn't had alot of time to work on it lately. I should have some build updated next week. We decided on the rear springs finally as well Nissan Patrol Y61 OMEGQ02B springs, They have a dual rate of 250/280 in/lb and 17.51" Free Height Should be decent with the added weight of the bumper and spare 35" Tire. We are waiting on OME to get back too us on availability.

I also removed the ABS pump completely to make room for a Distribution Block from a 95 YJ, I'm not sure how well this is going too work out for me or how well the brakes will balance at the end but hey may as well try it. If it doesn't brake properly I will buy an adjustable from Summit or Jegs to solve any proportioning issues. Has anyone else attempted this?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I swapped my disc/drum prop valve to a '05 KJ disc/disc prop valve,no issues but did not have ABS to begin with so it was a straight swap.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yeah maybe I'll check with a few local wreckers, and see what they've got. I love being a Guinea Pig lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 am 

Why do a used one, the prop valve is pretty cheap

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next