It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: SFA Coming up!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

I haven't had time to do any pricing yet, I'll give the stealer a call in the AM and get the price for a NON-ABS 03 KJ. I ordered Stainless brake lines for a 8-10" lifted Cherokee at work the other day tho, I'll make them work for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:02 am 
LOST Junkie

Our SFA Project is going to be put on the Back Burner for some time, The guy building my jeep had an accident a few nights ago with a grinder. Everyone stay safe in the Garage this kind of thing could happen to any of us, and to Reg @ CVO best of luck with your recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:03 am 
LOST Junkie

http://nsjc.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa ... 502&page=6 Check out the thread if you aren't to squeamish, It'll give you incentive to put the guard back on your grinder.

Last edited by RED_KJ_666 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:15 am 
LOST Addict

took me to a forum home page....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:19 am 
LOST Junkie

DirtyKK wrote:
took me to a forum home page....

Fixed the link.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:17 pm 
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

ewww

Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:00 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Superglue and duct tape... :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

I should be able to get some of the mechanical stuff done (rear shaft,Front axle assembled,Brake lines ran etc.), and maybe the diffs setup and regeared while no fabrication is going on. It'll be a few more weeks probably before this moves forward enough to take a some pictures.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:16 pm 
LOST Junkie

Looking at the Idea of a 3 Link Radius arm front, any opinions? I have never seen one work, but have heard that this design has little to no bind at all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I love the idea! I had a 76 F150 I learned everything on as a Teen. Lifted it huge. I really think using the JamesDuff arms is the way to go for the liberty!

You can by radius tabs and weld them to a Non-f150 axle, or source the 1/2 D44, or narrower Bronco D44, or D60... Ton's of possibilities. I think it'd be a cheap, good fit, allowing lower overall SFA lift height personally.

Rangers and Explorers are done quite often and I think they had almost the same frame widths as the Liberty.

F-150 ( C channel Frame)

James Duff Bronco (boxed frame)

On a ranger

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

I'm already building the front based off a set of Rough Country TJ Radius long Arms, Can't imagine trying to fit a triangulated link setup up there. I just was fielding the Idea of leaving the passenger side upper off, I've seen it done like that on some Comp Rigs and trailer queens just wondering how well it actually works on the street.

Like This:

In the last pic you can also see the Driver side arm, I've seen them fully plated and dimple died as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So same concept as the Ford, with a "Panhard" bar going perpendicular right? I can see it in the second picture.

Would you have room under engine for the Panhard going passenger to Driver frame?

You can get death wobble and bump steer from the 3 link set up pretty easy sadly. That's about the only downfall I can recall

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

The Axle is far enough forward clearance wouldn't be an issue. Death wobble tho = a Big problem.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If there is enough clearance, maybe it's work on a CRD :)

From what I remember, the death wobble typically happens because of worn bushings and improper steering set up (after some bump steer on the highway, you'd encounter it till you slowed down far enough)

I am NOT an expert on this set up by any means, but keeping the Panhard bar PARALLEL to the steering is a must, That with some solid mounts and all new parts with as long arms as possible should work :)

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:34 pm 
LOST Junkie

Mine is more of a Mid Arm Deal, Most other builds have arms all the way to the T-Case, Mine aren't quite that far ahead (or back from the Front) on the Chassis. I don't have any pictures of where the front currently is linked at but I do have some pictures of the rear as it's pretty much done minus the shocks and finish welding.

It's a lot further along now than the pictures show these are kinda old but they are the best shots of what the rear looks like. The arms are about 28" longer than stock, and the upper link may get cut up through the rear floor pan under the seat to accommodate more separation.
As for steering and Geometry and all that the guy doing my build is very experienced with building rigs and Buggies, although some of this an experiment for both of us.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RED_KJ_666 wrote:
As for steering and Geometry and all that the guy doing my build is very experienced with building rigs and Buggies, although some of this an experiment for both of us.

I'd say go for the 3 link up front then! More KISS style in my opinion. 4 link is nice and great, but expensive and harder to get set up then a 3 (or Leafs heheh)

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

OME 891's installed tonight Dropped the rear a good 4-4.5" looks like it will probably come down another 1/2 to 3/4" once the spring pads are done. Slow Progress begins again :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

Front Axle Check lol. Tonight we cut the tops open on the stock strut mount, tomorrow the new shock hoops and bracing goes in and we hopefully get her back on her own weight. Has anyone else mounted there Coilovers up inside the engine bay?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Don't think anyone has done the front
Rear there was one in Australia that did have his rears come up through the floor behond the rear seat. Been two-three years ago since we've seen it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

I figured there is really no other way to fit in a Coil over setup longer than 10" other wise, My rears are More than likely also going to be in the Hatch area as they are also 14" Travel shocks. Everything is set to 4" of up travel So it should flex like a boneless hooker :twisted:

Anyone know where a guy might find pictures of that Australian SAS?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next