It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: SFA Coming up! Nearing Completion
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:45 am 
LOST Newbie

Any updates?? :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

ya, you rolling yet?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

Soon I figure another week maybe 2 of nights on it, Then it's off to have the exhaust ran. This last 10% has been SLOOOOOO progress, Brake lines, Rear Brake Calipers I found out they stuck after sitting for 6 months,Battery relocation, The worst part about putting the Coilovers under the hood is you have to move the airbox (I may run a CAI for a short time, until I can find a airbox that will fit where it needs to fit) and battery. It sucks tho I may not have it on the road legally anyways until January my Dog got hit by a Car and Vets are not cheap, I'll tell you she's lucky we love her........

Is it Crazy that I have plans for next falls mods already? 10 point Roll Cage, 4 SmittyBilt Seats,and a Fuel cell in the back I figured out a way to make that legit as far as safeties go here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

SmittyBilt X20 10,000lb winch, Now I need to get some Synthetic Line she's one heavy beast with steel line on 95lbs on my bathroom scale.
The Remote has a Magnet built in which will probably be a useful feature.
This shot shows the rear control arm Mounts pretty well, they shouldn't get me hung up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cool,glad it is coming together. http://www.customsplice.com/ has good line at a good price,tell him you want a coozie too. A custom panel for the winch control would be cool too. http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.p ... ht=seabass Tell him ridenby sent you. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

Dude that switch panel guy is awesome, I ordered a small 4wheeler (smittybilt 3k 89.99$ was hard to beat lol) winch for a suck down winch IMO that setup will be perfect for that application. Now to come up with more $$$ to get it finished.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dang you aint done yet?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not yet buddy, not a lot of time for the project lately. Plus a complete do over of the steering, one way or another I will have it on the trail for the Local New Years day Jeep Club run but that's probably my most realistic goal at this point and that's only going to happen if the cash starts to flow again. I recently paid a 1500$ Vet Bill, and my DD POS mini van decided to die as well @ this point my "Minister of Finance" AKA my wife says I need to prioritize my finances accordingly...... I wonder if she means rob a bank? lol

Oh yeah any pictures of SFA Steering box setups would be useful at this point, the more angles the better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:25 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here's a quick shots from today's parts haul. I got my rear EBC Sportline rotors, EBC Green Stuff pads, Smittybilt Hawse fairlead, and after work I picked up a 100ft chunk of Synthetic with The Thimble and hook on it for the X20

I also checked around Moncton for some UMHW to make some good light weight skids out of, darn it's not cheap.... 4x8ft 1/2" is 489$ a sheet and 4x8ft 3/8" is 372$. I might go that route anyways to save some weight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 pm 

If that stuff is what I am thinking, we tried that on a few of Marty's prototype skids, and it did not fair to well with heat and rough abuse...Warps and cracks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

[quote="RED_KJ_666"]Imagequote]

I like that height, maybe an inch or 2 higher would be nice too

Looking good!

31x10.5x15 BFG AT on black steels
Front and rear tow hooks
Polk audio db6501 full range speakers and tweeters
12" Kicker Comp CVR sub

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've been following this thread since you started this build back in February. Really like the work you're doing. Can't wait to see this Jeep rolling down the road and trails.
Had a dream the other night my Jeep had SAS, but was a front leafed SAS and still used the rear Chrysler 8.25

Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:56 pm 
LOST Junkie

Quiksilver the ride height is 2" higher than that and I removed a bunch of the useless metal in there to make more room for the tire to travel, Thanks for following the build BlackWidow and everyone else. I hope to have it out this month.....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You're welcome.

Hope the Jeep is getting along good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:09 am 
LOST Junkie

The New Steering is pretty much done, I didn't have my Camera with me tonight but from what I've seen of other peoples Steering box setups it's quite a departure from the norm. There is now a WJ box Mounted to the 1/4" reinforced frame rail that fits ideal after what looks like was a large amount of cutting crud up lol The Rad support is now "slightly modified" to allow the stock steering shaft to run unobstructed straight into the WJ boxes input. The motor mounts have been moved up about 2 inches to make more clearance there to, and the driver side Coil mount is going to have to be modified severely to work now to. If the axle had been back a few inches the Ford box would have worked and been the easy route but hey this thing hasn't been that easy to work with so far so may as well go the hard way and make sure it performs as good as it looks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 am 
LOST Newbie

Why did you choose the WJ box??... Is it easier than the Ford box??... Is the same spline than the steering shaft???...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

There where going to be major bind/clearance issues with the Ford Box caused by stretching the wheelbase, I didn't have my Camera on me but I will try to get a few pictures of the setup up tonight. The WJ box really got the box up and out of harms way.
I was also given a cool Idea on what to do for an air box today as well, as my factory intake won't work anymore with the Coilovers up under the hood.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/winds ... e-1064377/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Doesn't the WJ box turn the wheels left when you turn right and right when you turn left...seems I remember someone using that box and figuring that out later...hope it isnt the case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

Neatus wrote:
Doesn't the WJ box turn the wheels left when you turn right and right when you turn left...seems I remember someone using that box and figuring that out later...hope it isnt the case.

Something tells me that was a ZJ box.... I had one around and it is a reverse box. I think it was one of the Diesel guys who tried it because it's smaller than the ford box.The WJ box is in now and works as planned, little to no bind was the goal, lots of finish welding for Reg now tho lol. You where running a single spring on your Coilovers if I remember right 250lbs? How did that handle on the road? I'm not convinced on the 450/500# like everyone else has is the right setup for me I think it should be more like 250/300# or 300/350#.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

Here's a few shots of the WJ box Mock up, that box is the mock up box it has cracked case. In the back you can see the new MM location as well, The motor has been raised about 1.5"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next