It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: K interesting info on the 06 Liberty speedo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:22 pm 
LOST Addict

So I talked with Corporate Chrysler about the 06' KJ's, and how they recieve there input for the speedo. Here are the three answers that I recieved from them. In 2006, they Jeep liberty was changed a bit. If you took two 2006's and put them side by side you would find a handful of difference's.

The speedo from a few sources including Chrysler and Other Tech's that I know, both told me the same thing

Option #1

The speed sensor in some years is run off of input and output sensors in the tranny

Option #2

The speed sensor is ran off two speedo sensor's, one in the front and one in the rear. (rarer of the four options)

Option #3

the speedo sensor is ran off of the Diff ring and pinion( Already checked and are old diff was not tapped on the top for that senor)

Option #4

The speedo sensor is ran off of the ABS sensors in the Back of the vehicle (which one I have not found out yet)

So I have already got rid of option #2 and #3.

So Now I get to play with options #1 and #4. Of course I am ruling out option #1 cause as it sits, I only have two ABS sensors on the vehicle. I have looked for snipped wires and everything for front ABS sensors and see nothing. i don't ever remember pulling front ones off lol. So time to Brain F Myself some more. lol

And again this is what I got from multiple sources and I am just qouting them. And they all told me the same exact thing so.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

Post subject: Re: K interesting info on the 06 Liberty speedo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My 05 uses an ABS sensor in the top of the rear diff. I thought all the McParts stores were just pulling up the wrong part but the Chrysler parts counter at my local dealership showed me the parts listing. It's the same sensor that the ABS uses but, I don't have ABS. If you have a sensor there, just unhook it and see if your speedo still works. The parts guy at the dealership said they used that same sensor for most Jeeps (ABS and Speed) until 07 or 08.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject: Re: K interesting info on the 06 Liberty speedo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dje Ryu wrote:
My 05 uses an ABS sensor in the top of the rear diff. I thought all the McParts stores were just pulling up the wrong part but the Chrysler parts counter at my local dealership showed me the parts listing. It's the same sensor that the ABS uses but, I don't have ABS. If you have a sensor there, just unhook it and see if your speedo still works. The parts guy at the dealership said they used that same sensor for most Jeeps (ABS and Speed) until 07 or 08.

That sensor on the top of the rear diff is only there for '02-'05 KJ's,after '06 that hole is filled in since the speedo can run off of on of the 4 ABS speed sensors mounted at each wheel.