It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 4wheel alignment
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:25 pm 
LOST Addict

So what is everyone using to get their jeeps aligned? Most alignment shops say they can't align the liberty since its solid is the front and on full widths

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

Post subject: Re: 4wheel alignment
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I align mine at work,I'm not allowed to adjust control arms but I figure where I need to go and bring it back the next day and recheck.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Did you have to use adjustable ball joints on that front HPD44? Are is set positive atm. Did you use a vehicle spec alignment or just throw it up on the laser alignment and go off the numbers?

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No adjustable balljoints for me as they are weaker then normal LBJ's.I went by '75 F100 specs as that is where my HP44 came out of and ignored camber/caster and went with my own caster specs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

My method was low tech.
I clamped a 2x4 on the front and rear bumper, then ran nylon string down the length of both sides of the jeep, measuring and adjusting the string so it is parallel.
Measuring distance from tires and wheels and adjust. Then i would tighten it down, take it out and test it. It took some time and patience but i have it close.
The first time I took it out for a highway speed test, was terriffying, the caster was about straight, and it would road walk, but same thing, i would adjust and test drive. I still have a slight bumpsteer. The currie anti rock front and rear are cool.
Same on ball joints, i think they were dana stock, and followed parts mike guidelines for installing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The driveway alignment is okay for toe and centering the steering wheel but I like acurate #'s for camber/caster.

My last alignment check..............