It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Leafed SFA KJ Parts (need help with the front)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

blackdiamond wrote:
the problem with the 44 is the bolt pattern..

And why I swapped the rear axle out also so both axles are 5.5 on 5.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

What about a TTB dana44. You can narrow them from full size, strong enough for 35's, cheap, plentifully, not the best flex but you can keep it low and steering can be great with superlifts system. Down side is a little extra fab planninng.

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

arengant wrote:
What about a TTB dana44. You can narrow them from full size, strong enough for 35's, cheap, plentifully, not the best flex but you can keep it low and steering can be great with superlifts system. Down side is a little extra fab planninng.

A little extra fabbing? You mean massive fabbing for that one.I love the TTB,worst thing Ford ever did was stop using it but when lifted they have terrible camber issues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
arengant wrote:

A little extra fabbing? You mean massive fabbing for that one.I love the TTB,worst thing Ford ever did was stop using it but when lifted they have terrible camber issues.

I was thinking a custom front crossmember that either end of the tube would mount to, mounting of coils/coilovers and mounting of the radius arms. The rest can be purchased I thought...

Camber issues might not be too bad with some cutting and rotating of the axle housing, deepending on the actual axle pivot angle once the jeep is at the desired lift height.

These were just some thoughts on sfa plans that are about 99% NOT going to happen for me. I'D like to live vicariously through someone though...

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm 
LOST Addict

I would think buying a set of just axle housing then designing your suspension an build ther axles around that would be the best idea. I mean really the only thing i could think you would have to pick about the axles first would be the knuckles. It would be D60s for me.