It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two shots of the CRD
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:48 pm 
LOST Addict

just took two pictures of the CRD. She is almost road worthy. I am really anal about making sure everything is good after I totaled my Wrangler last year on the road.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

Post subject: Re: Two shots of the CRD
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

OK, bring it to Moab with Troy and I then...
:D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Lol i wish man. I have been slacking on finishing up the little details on it, like the speedo, belly pan, and hydro assist.

4'' RK LA, 35's KM2's, Warn front bumper, Warn rear bumper with tire swing, Warn gas skid, Nth oil skid, 4.88's, Alloy axles shafts F&R, Rokmen Corner armor with led's, and Rokmen sliders, custom back-up lights from gen-right, piaa 510's, IPF green glow fatboy's up front.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:00 pm 
LOST Addict

that is AWESOME. tender trimming looks great. cant wait to see it flexed out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good Looking Rig :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks everyone. she loves it for sure.

Wish I had the time to finish it up... Looks like she is going to be saving some money to drop it off and have a shop finish the final build of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice job. I love it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 am 
LOST Newbie

Do you have pics of how you did your fender flares?? That looks like just the answer to my problems.... as long as you dont mind me copying your idea lol

06 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 112K miles, Clevis Lift, Front bumper trim, Straight Pipe Exhaust, Open Air Box Mod, PCV Bypass, Cobra CB, Rear Cargo Deck, 6 Lights, Roof Rack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Its really easy. The flare is round and has a 2-3'' sections that tapers down to the wheels and creates an edge. Just trim the 2-3' inch's off.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:46 am 
LOST Newbie

I started looking into it a little last night. Would i still be able to use my inner plastic or pull it out? Also i was thinking of using a cutoff wheel with my angle grinder or worse case a jigsaw, then clean it up with a dremel if necessary. Any tips?

06 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport 112K miles, Clevis Lift, Front bumper trim, Straight Pipe Exhaust, Open Air Box Mod, PCV Bypass, Cobra CB, Rear Cargo Deck, 6 Lights, Roof Rack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:56 am 

Dremel wheel works, get a plastic cutting wheel though as the other ones get too hot and melt the plastic. mark it real goo, and go slow, let the wheel do the work or you will break a bunch of them and it will cut where you don't want.

As for the inner liner, you can heat it real hot with a heat gun (harbor frieght has them cheap) and mold it to what you need. that is what I did to make my front ones work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:58 pm 
LOST Addict

How is your liberty doing bud?

Btw the jeep is halted for now on mods and finishing it up. Girl is focused on her schooling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 am 
LOST Newbie

USAFCOP wrote:
Dremel wheel works, get a plastic cutting wheel though as the other ones get too hot and melt the plastic. mark it real goo, and go slow, let the wheel do the work or you will break a bunch of them and it will cut where you don't want.

As for the inner liner, you can heat it real hot with a heat gun (harbor frieght has them cheap) and mold it to what you need. that is what I did to make my front ones work.

Thanks for the tips! This project is on my list of things to do at the moment. Ive got to finish my fog lights before i start this though. I plan on doing a SFA swap when i get back to the states next year.... cant wait!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:23 am 

JeepBumm68 wrote:
How is your liberty doing bud?

Btw the jeep is halted for now on mods and finishing it up. Girl is focused on her schooling.

Well, Jeep did real good in Moab last year, but I had some issue with the exhaust staying tight and keeping it together at the flanges (I put headers on) But it is with Marty in Mo as I couldn't take it to Japan with me. He says the suspension is working great, but he hasn't driven it much due to the used axle I have in the rear seams to be causing vibration issues so I am saving for a Rock Jock 60 to replace my old 9". That and he has been working with the new owners and trying to get the business back open and find a way to merge their efficiency ways to solve the issues he had in the past while keeping his personal quality standards in place.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 am 
LOST Member

Daaaang!! That looks awesome!!! I'm so jealous. I wish there was a kit to do this for the KK. I'd be all over that. I'm afraid that my lack of knowledge in suspension geometry would keep me from making one myself, however, I haven't really looked into how the KJ ones are done yet though either.