It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 pm
Posts: 1330
Location: Cle Elum, Washington
Well it is expensive. That's not a critisizm. Im glad he did it. All of us in the KJ community benefit from people like those at LR. I've wheeled pretty hard for the last twenty years. All over Washington State. Fordyce Creek, the Rubicon, the Dusy Ershim and the hammers in Kalifornia.

One thing I know is this, IF you wheel your truck hard it's going to get body damage and beat up. I just dont see to many people wanting to spend that kind of cash on a rig to make it that nice only to beat the hell out of it.

I Built this for that.

Image

_________________
2006 KJ CRD Ltd - Suncoast, GDE Eco, EGR Delete, After market T-Stat, Skid Row skids, V6 airbox, 2.5" Turbo back
2005 KJ CRD Sport-Suncoast, Transco, GDE Hot-GDE Trans, EGR Delete, Skid Row skids, V6 airbox, 2.5" Turbo back, After market S-Stat
1987 Suzuki LWB Samurai -diesel powered, custom 4 link coil suspension 38.5 SX Swampers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:38 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 991
Location: Flanders, NJ
Cool he has it. But it doesn't matter you will not get it after you pay for another 2 years. just locally i know 2 ppl who have payed for bumpers and 1.5 years later still getting the run around saying he will be done in a few months. I know I don't have my kj anymore but I'm happy I never went to this guy for anything

_________________
02 Jeep TJ Sahara, 33's locked up front
03 SAS KJ 0n 35ish boggers(Sold :( )
Petersens 4wheel: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/featuredve ... index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27796
Location: Central Ohio/ Tanzania
ohv_kj wrote:
Cool he has it. But it doesn't matter you will not get it after you pay for another 2 years. just locally i know 2 ppl who have payed for bumpers and 1.5 years later still getting the run around saying he will be done in a few months. I know I don't have my kj anymore but I'm happy I never went to this guy for anything


Funny since I know of several who recently ordered and have the parts they wanted within a few weeks
Times change ya know

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 Goodyears/ 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:13 pm
Posts: 319
Location: Bergen County, New Jersey
tommudd wrote:
ohv_kj wrote:
Cool he has it. But it doesn't matter you will not get it after you pay for another 2 years. just locally i know 2 ppl who have payed for bumpers and 1.5 years later still getting the run around saying he will be done in a few months. I know I don't have my kj anymore but I'm happy I never went to this guy for anything


Funny since I know of several who recently ordered and have the parts they wanted within a few weeks
Times change ya know


WOW, I swear they must use different money!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:33 pm
Posts: 632
Location: Long Island
yep i've been waiting six months for my bumper. lost hope after the fourth "it's being started this week"

_________________
06 CRD limited
Frankenlift, JBA 1/4 top plate, 3 clevis rings, 3 stacked iso's
JBA UCA and quick disconnects
Procomp rockkrawlr 16x8 4.25bs with 265-70-65 General Grabber AT2's
Mopar full skid plates, JCR stage 3 Rock Rails
Kenwood HU, 6.5 pioneer marine grade door speakers, JL stealthbox kenwood amp
GDE HOT tune
Soon to come
RL Rock monitor bumper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:20 pm
Posts: 751
Location: Fayetteville NC
Here we go again...

_________________
03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
tommudd wrote:
ohv_kj wrote:
Cool he has it. But it doesn't matter you will not get it after you pay for another 2 years. just locally i know 2 ppl who have payed for bumpers and 1.5 years later still getting the run around saying he will be done in a few months. I know I don't have my kj anymore but I'm happy I never went to this guy for anything


Funny since I know of several who recently ordered and have the parts they wanted within a few weeks
Times change ya know


How's eric's bumper coming along?


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27796
Location: Central Ohio/ Tanzania
Ms5490renegade wrote:
tommudd wrote:
ohv_kj wrote:
Cool he has it. But it doesn't matter you will not get it after you pay for another 2 years. just locally i know 2 ppl who have payed for bumpers and 1.5 years later still getting the run around saying he will be done in a few months. I know I don't have my kj anymore but I'm happy I never went to this guy for anything


Funny since I know of several who recently ordered and have the parts they wanted within a few weeks
Times change ya know


How's eric's bumper coming along?


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3


Knew you'd be along soon
Why don't you ask the two people who are involved in it
none of my business, or yours
its between those two

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 Goodyears/ 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:44 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 pm
Posts: 991
Location: Flanders, NJ
I don't like myself or others getting taking advantage of. It's funny how someone build things for some people and gets them out but there are others "lost" in the world? The excuse emails I read are not congruent with each other. I know what has happen, He must of took peoples money to move. To build other late Projects? Just saying don't take the work if you cant produce and promise a time to get things done on more then a couple occasions. RL getting this SAS kit out is another adventured paid by the people who ordered parts and are still waiting. Yes I'm on here slandering his name but it is BS how his Business is being handle.

_________________
02 Jeep TJ Sahara, 33's locked up front
03 SAS KJ 0n 35ish boggers(Sold :( )
Petersens 4wheel: http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/featuredve ... index.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27796
Location: Central Ohio/ Tanzania
Back on topic or lock it

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 Goodyears/ 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
ohv_kj wrote:
I don't like myself or others getting taking advantage of. It's funny how someone build things for some people and gets them out but there are others "lost" in the world? The excuse emails I read are not congruent with each other. I know what has happen, He must of took peoples money to move. To build other late Projects? Just saying don't take the work if you cant produce and promise a time to get things done on more then a couple occasions. RL getting this SAS kit out is another adventured paid by the people who ordered parts and are still waiting. Yes I'm on here slandering his name but it is BS how his Business is being handle.


Agreed. I'm sure his doo doo is great. People who have actually received the stuff love it to death. 10k is a lot of money to give some person for a kit that may or may not get to you when you expect it to come in. I feel like learning to do the work your self and making a custom project would make for a much cooler and respectable liberty than a bolt on kit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:49 am
Posts: 1405
Location: Greenwood SC
Everyone posting negatively about Rock Lizard I have a very simple non aggressive honest question for you. How much do y'all know about him?

_________________
My CRD Build Thread
Soon to Come:more lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 13133
Location: Colorado Springs
Ms5490renegade wrote:
. I feel like learning to do the work your self and making a custom project would make for a much cooler and respectable liberty than a bolt on kit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Funny coming from a guy that ditched a KJ for a JK to do all the "bolt on" stuff so he didn't have to be creative and look like every other JK out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:37 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 pm
Posts: 2117
Location: trotwood Ohio
i will say that his stuff looks good if i had the cash i would get some of his stuff it would be nice to know what the back story of what is going on from him and not second hand

_________________
With enough fabbing, time & $, it's certainly possible.
That being said, it's like boinkin' your sister...just because you can, doesn't mean you should.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 313
Location: Austin, TX
It shouldn't matter what is going on personally with "him", aka Marty. That's his personal business not ours. The main problem is with the business Rock Lizard Fabrication. That's who people order from.
When customers complain about business relations with RL on this site I notice certain people then get in the defensive mode of protecting their friend Marty. To me I don't know Marty but I will take people's word that he is a great guy. If I was his friend I assume I would get my product sooner than others. No different than I treat my friends.
If you take out all the people that are Marty's friends out of this tread it is mostly bad reviews for RL. That's seems like a fact at this point.

_________________
05 CRD
97 Toyota FZJ80 12v Cummins/NV4500-build thread
96 Lexus LX 450
96 Ford F350 4x4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:20 pm
Posts: 751
Location: Fayetteville NC
The point of this thread has been lost

_________________
03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:02 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:33 pm
Posts: 923
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
tjkj2002 wrote:
Ms5490renegade wrote:
. I feel like learning to do the work your self and making a custom project would make for a much cooler and respectable liberty than a bolt on kit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Funny coming from a guy that ditched a KJ for a JK to do all the "bolt on" stuff so he didn't have to be creative and look like every other JK out there.


I ditched my kj because it was a turd. It wasn't made for what I wanted to do with it. At one point I wanted a sfa on my kj but I realized it was pointless. The JK does everything I want it to. My vehicle decision isn't the topic here. The sfa bolt on kit is. And the guy who makes it.

And for the record I don't want some insane custom project with my JK. A mild offroad build is all I wanted.


Would you, oh great and mighty Troy, ditch your set up for the rock lizard set up? I think you'd be stupid to. I don't like you for the most part but I respect you for the custom job and time you put in your Jeep.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27796
Location: Central Ohio/ Tanzania
Ms5490renegade wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Ms5490renegade wrote:
. I feel like learning to do the work your self and making a custom project would make for a much cooler and respectable liberty than a bolt on kit

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Funny coming from a guy that ditched a KJ for a JK to do all the "bolt on" stuff so he didn't have to be creative and look like every other JK out there.


I ditched my kj because it was a turd. It wasn't made for what I wanted to do with it. At one point I wanted a sfa on my kj but I realized it was pointless. The JK does everything I want it to. My vehicle decision isn't the topic here. The sfa bolt on kit is. And the guy who makes it.

And for the record I don't want some insane custom project with my JK. A mild offroad build is all I wanted.


Would you, oh great and mighty Troy, ditch your set up for the rock lizard set up? I think you'd be stupid to. I don't like you for the most part but I respect you for the custom job and time you put in your Jeep.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3


Now OK I have to laugh at that statement :-)r
very funny for sure :ROTFL:
Ah do you know where Troys was built?
Ah............ try Marty's ( Rock Lizard) driveway
Thats where Troy and Marty built it

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 Goodyears/ 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 13133
Location: Colorado Springs
tommudd wrote:
Ms5490renegade wrote:
Would you, oh great and mighty Troy, ditch your set up for the rock lizard set up? I think you'd be stupid to. I don't like you for the most part but I respect you for the custom job and time you put in your Jeep.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3


Now OK I have to laugh at that statement :-)r
very funny for sure :ROTFL:
Ah do you know where Troys was built?
Ah............ try Marty's ( Rock Lizard) driveway
Thats where Troy and Marty built it

Yeah Like Tom stated I have the prototype bolt on lift on my KJ from Rock Lizard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RL godzilla solid axle conversion is here
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:18 am 
Offline
Only in a Jeep!
Only in a Jeep!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:49 pm
Posts: 4037
Location: OHIO, Indian Trail-North Carolina
:-)r
:-)r
:-)r

_________________
2003 KJ Sport (BLACK) 230,000+Miles
Frankenlift/OME790 & NS131's/JBA 4.5 UCA's/JBA 4"Rear Coils+ISOs/OME 132L's/SC Rockstar Bumper+Stinger&Winch Mount/06-MOABS/265-75 Duratracs/4:10's
All J's RearCargoRack/15lb Powertank/Hood Louvers/Magnaflow/Rene Lightbar/Boiler Roof Rack/ LINE-Xed. & Herman
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2832375


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com