It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:16 am 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

:evil: Jacka__!!!! :evil:

Actually that is a good one... I guess Marty and I opened the door on the teasing when we showed one piece of metal for the bumper and that is it... OH wait, we still haven't posted any more pics yet have we...

All I can say is that it looks better than Wally's front end does right now :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:58 am 
All J Products Lifetime Vendor

Wally's should be done in time ;) We were having a little fun, but I will have some real pictures soon of our progress. For those wondering, it be riding on 33's with a Dana 30 up front and a 8.25 with discs out back. Also look for a trick suspension that were are currently cutting lots of metal away to make fit :)

1968 Jeep M715
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door JK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:45 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Cutting lots of metal away doesn't sound like it matches the orginal goal of a low cost SFA conversion.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:36 pm 

lilmatty wrote:
Cutting lots of metal away doesn't sound like it matches the orginal goal of a low cost SFA conversion.

Low cost and SFA conversion isn't going to happen........period. Just the parts pile alone isn't cheap. Even then, the "NEW" suspension parts alone are going to be a small fortune. Then re-gear, lockers, tires, wheels, etc. If it's going to be done right, cheap won't apply. For most people this isn't going to be a garage job, unless you are completely "set up" with welding and cutting ability.

Wally's KJ SFA isn't going to be cheap, or bolt-on junk. Wally had his option, and he wants it done safe and right. It's all top quality stuff, welded and fabricated to do it's job safely. This probably wont be a bolt on kit either, there is no way. We will probably decide to build more of these in our shop. There is an interest from many fronts.

I'm back to work, more later..... :)

1968 Jeep M715
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door JK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

any ball parks figures? 3-4k or more?

L.O.S.T #000522 Life Time #JH053535

Post subject: Re: Teaser Pics
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

macgyver wrote:
Sorry folks -- but for the couple of weeks we've been having you all just gave us the best chuckle we've had in such a long time -- We work very hard here at All J Products....but we sure like to have a good time too!! :D

Thanks for de-stressing us today -- we enjoyed our little tease. :wink:

Glad we could be of service! :wink:

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I would guess more for sure especially if you are talking about having a shop do the work.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:12 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

"Cutting lots of metal away doesn't sound like it matches..."

But it does sound like it'll be amazing!

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

you going to 4:1 gears? I would be comfortable running stock 3:73 with up to 33's maybe even 34's.

So considering this, without upgraded gears, i'm guessing SFA, New arms front and back, Steering and new Driveshafts... 5k? Throw me a bone here.

L.O.S.T #000522 Life Time #JH053535

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:18 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

It is totally amazing Nan!!!!
When Clint had the plasma cutter out last night and he was cutting away the....oopps, hehehe, can't say anymore.
:oops: But anyway, and all sparks were flying.....totally cool.

LOST JEEPS So-Cal
Just a Jeep
named "Sammy"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:07 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

krazz1e wrote:
you going to 4:1 gears? I would be comfortable running stock 3:73 with up to 33's maybe even 34's.

So considering this, without upgraded gears, i'm guessing SFA, New arms front and back, Steering and new Driveshafts... 5k? Throw me a bone here.

Low gear will be around 54 to 1....... not to shabby for an automatic. Kinda sorta gonna do a 4 to 1 ;)

"Failure is when you watch other peoples' lives happen and forget to live your own."
AND
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle; your kindness may be all he receives this day."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just a quick post on this...

I have not posted because it will start a full on question and answer that will never end...

The Camo Edition KJ is looking very good... We started out to make a low budget kit but after getting into it...it came down to make it right the first time and not just a crappy cheap kit like all the other folks.

if you want to buy something cheap then their are already kits out there...go pick one up and install it but just be carefull off roading it...Much less going down the freway at 70 mph.

The kit we are working on is going to be unreal...yea we are adding some extra suff that not everyone would want to add but this KJ will be able to go out with the big boys and do everything a very modded, hard core, long arm TJ would be able to do. I think you will see this KJ in a lot of places and being wheeled like mad.

Sorry but it is not going to end up kit a lot of the other guys that came out with a cheap kit that lifted the KJ 4 or 5 inches but broke on the first outing...

No we are not posting a lot of pictures because we are using some very cool stuff that no one would ever think of doing on a KJ... Believe me guys this is going to be a Flag Ship for the KJ world for sure.

Wally, wanted this done right the first time around... we have the right guys doing it, a great shop to work in and some of the coolest parts out on the off road planet today. These are not going to be just one of a kind welded stuff that someone made in the garage. These are very cool parts that you will be able to get rebuild kits and things like that.

Sorry but we are not posting prices. We are not the ones that will sell this in the future... and we really just can not post pictures right now. Just hang with us a bit longer and it will be a done deal. Thanks guys. later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:36 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks for the info. I have total faith that this will be a job done right. Now I just have to move closer...

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Annette was down at the shop last night and she keep walking over to check it out...I still think sshe took a couple of pictures while we were not looking...I might have to ban her...hehehe. later...Clint

KE7JLP

Last edited by skrracing on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:31 pm 
LOST Addict

I just want someone to clear something up for me. This is going to be a nationally available kit when all is said and done, right? I mean something I can order up and have a local 4x4 shop install. I understand I would still be responsible for getting the axle and probably drive shafts, but all the brackets, springs, shocks, control arms etc. would be included right?

2005 Wrangler Unlimited not so stock
L.O.S.T. #082670
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803306
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2399643
More mods planned than money.
-----------------

"Roads, where we're going we don't need roads."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not sure yet... We need to complete it and do some very hard core test to be sure it is even worth selling. All the other shops that are selling big lifts for the KJ have had nothing but problems...they were quoting prices and all kinds of stuff with details about it even before they had the tires on the ground. We are not going to do that.

Yea we first thought that we would be able to make a kit that just bolted right in. WAY OFF BASE on that one. I say it can not be done. If you see a cheap SFA...then I would say stay clear of it for dang sure. Sorry i just don't have any other info to pass out right now. later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:06 pm 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Live and learn. The fact that the SFA lift is not cheap is what we've heard from others that have done the conversion.

Perhaps the need for invention is really a low cost IFS lift that bullet proofs the diff case in the process. Man, I'd be thrilled to have that option.

IMHO the Libby does pretty darn good off road as is. A couple more inches of lift and an inch or more on the tires would sure take it through Rubicon and Barrett Lake without much trouble.

02 Red Libby w/Frankenlift, Full armor incl AllJ stuff, 245 MTRs on Cragars, ARB locker, custom rack, K&N FIPK, 8000lb winch, RE rear LCAs, Optima Yellow Top, RL Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper
98 TJ w/5.5" RE Long arm lift, ARB front/rear, 35x12.5, Borla, Warn winch, Teralow, etc., etc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OK, one question-

Moab baby?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:04 am 
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine

Moab baby indeed Vern. See yah there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Why a D30 up front? Why not a D44 like all the others? Wouldn't it make sense to do it right and tough the first time? Or is a D30 able to stand up to the rigors of the hardcore Camo edition? Where is the D30 from? A TJ? Just wondering... 8)

'05 Yellow TJ Rubicon 6spd

Click here for my Jeep Mods

Redneck Yacht Club for life!!