It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If you polish up a Turdy real Purdy it will work fine w/ 33-35's and live long if wheeled gently enough. (meaning light throttle foot) :shock:

You can get some pretty beefy parts for the 30 and plenty are beating up on them regularly w/ no problems. If I had access to a 44 I would go that route though.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:09 am 
All J Products Lifetime Vendor

JJsKJ wrote:
If you polish up a Turdy real Purdy it will work fine w/ 33-35's and live long if wheeled gently enough. (meaning light throttle foot) :shock:

You can get some pretty beefy parts for the 30 and plenty are beating up on them regularly w/ no problems. If I had access to a 44 I would go that route though.

There isn't anything wrong with a D30, and it's even better if it's a High Pinnion D30. A HPD30 is very close to a LPD44 in strength since the pinnion gear pushes on the ring gear instead of pulling like a LP. Plus with "TJ" axle shafts and 297 u-joints the D30 holds up fine. Upgrade to a LPD44, and you get basically the same axles with less ground clearance. If you are looking for better, then yes a HP44 would be great too, but way more cash. For 35" and smaller tires the D30 is fine. If you don't believe me, try to keep up on the Hammers with our "Turdy" HPD30 in the TJ :)

You could get way better axle in front, but most wheelers don't need to drop the better side of $5,000 to $6,000 for a D60, plus with the 60 you would lose a bunch of clearance with the smaller tires. For the 33" tires Wally is gonna roll on, the HPD30 will be a great set up, and it will leave some budget for the "new" t-case ;)

1968 Jeep M715
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4 door JK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:24 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for clearing that up, Quinn, as I was wondering the same thing myself.

For the rest of you guys...I found another spy shot of the top secret KJ solid axle project...it's on the "About us" page of All J's website. Not too different, but it'll have to do for now.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

macgyver wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:

There isn't anything wrong with a D30, and it's even better if it's a High Pinnion D30. A HPD30 is very close to a LPD44 in strength since the pinnion gear pushes on the ring gear instead of pulling like a LP. Plus with "TJ" axle shafts and 297 u-joints the D30 holds up fine. Upgrade to a LPD44, and you get basically the same axles with less ground clearance. If you are looking for better, then yes a HP44 would be great too, but way more cash. For 35" and smaller tires the D30 is fine. If you don't believe me, try to keep up on the Hammers with our "Turdy" HPD30 in the TJ :)

You could get way better axle in front, but most wheelers don't need to drop the better side of $5,000 to $6,000 for a D60, plus with the 60 you would lose a bunch of clearance with the smaller tires. For the 33" tires Wally is gonna roll on, the HPD30 will be a great set up, and it will leave some budget for the "new" t-case ;)

Agreed. I will run a 30 in mine, I was just playing with the Turdy name as some like to refer to it as that. I would trust my beefed up 30 at the Hammers, but not so sure how my sheet metal would hold up there. I will make it out there eventually though.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

chefdab wrote:
I just want someone to clear something up for me. This is going to be a nationally available kit when all is said and done, right? I mean something I can order up and have a local 4x4 shop install. I understand I would still be responsible for getting the axle and probably drive shafts, but all the brackets, springs, shocks, control arms etc. would be included right?

This is going to be a internationally available kit when all is said and done, right?
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Will we see it in Moab?
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:37 pm 

oldhockeyvb wrote: