It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Surplus Dana 30
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 pm 
LOST Member

I'm still kinda in the plaining stages for a few more weeks. Dose anyone know someone with ORI-Struts on their Jeep? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.. :pepper: From what I understand you wont need sway bars or is it track bars and bump stops? I have never seen any in action except on youtube. For steering, the shop will will set up "Redneck Ram" ?? :dizzy: OK I'm having fun already :ROTFL: We will stretch the wheel base a tad also. The axles will be ready to roll as soon as they are pulled off the other Outrageous JK, but my builder has some custom plans to add :SOMBRERO: I will hang in their. Thanks for any feedback..bshooter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

I've heard some good things about ORI-struts. A guy on jeepforum used them in his complete rebuild of a cj I think it was

Chincy 2" lift for now
31x10.50r15s
HPD30 front and D44 rear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:21 pm 
LOST Junkie

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1972-cj5-rebuild-frame-up-1383329/

Here's the link to his build thread

Chincy 2" lift for now
31x10.50r15s
HPD30 front and D44 rear

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:27 am 
LOST Member

For thou of you who want to do this :furious: it takes time :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL: and lots of planing :ALONE: :CAMPING: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:05 pm 
LOST Member

We haven't started yet, but it won't be to much longer :pepper:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:28 am 
LOST Member

Re-start date is June. Im good with that and can't wait till June :pepper: I will receive the axles, rims and tires very soon, and will post some pictures of any part that I receive. b :5SHOTS: shooter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:20 pm 
LOST Member

My big hold up is the DYNATRAC axles going under the Doners Black OPS JK. He's been weighting for them since Jan... Its driving all 3 of us the shop, the nice Black OPS Hemi JK, and myself to drink :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: I'm hanging tight :JEEPIN: the fun will begin soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 am 
LOST Member

Looks like things are starting to break lose. The donor's axles showed up today from Dynatrax, and all I can say is WOW :-)r These axles are art work :frankie: He is a lucky man for sure... So I will just hang around the campfire :CAMPING:a little longer for my turn :BANANA: [url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN1199.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Great! Another CRD SFA will be cool to see around here.

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:09 pm 
LOST Member

Heres the rear D44 after being removed from the Hemi Blackops, and a pic of the wheels going on the CRD. These are not my tires that are mounted on the wheels. The ones you see are 40's and will stay with the Blake Ops Hemi. I have a set of 37" ready to be mounted. The front D44 will be off tomorrow or the next day. I cant wait to see the Dynatrax 1Tons under the Black Ops Hemi :dizzy: So we are starting to make some progress.. bshooter [url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/image-1.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/image-3.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 pm 
LOST Member

I have received both axles now :pepper: heres the tires also. Should be getting the steering stuff back soon, and will need to find a larger steering fluid container? The front 44 will be sleeved and gusseted for strength before installing. Both F & R 44's are Big gear and E-locked. These Axles don't have a lot of miles on them. The breaks are good.. I will re rout my radiator hose before we go into the shop for the Bronco ll steering gear box location. I know I will nee additional room for the Redneck Ram steering hoses. One less thing to deal with. So I guess I'm in the stage two planing stage :5SHOTS: I still have not decided on what coil overs to use? :banghead: :frankie: So "sofarsogood"[url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN1217.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN1220.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN1223.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url][url][url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN1215.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

Looking good! :BANANA: :pepper: Those dynatracs look awesome! :rockon:

Chincy 2" lift for now
31x10.50r15s
HPD30 front and D44 rear

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

TheBlueKJ wrote:
Looking good! :BANANA: :pepper: Those dynatracs look awesome! :rockon:

Yes they do! :rockon:

1977- Jeep CJ-5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 pm 
LOST Member

Yes, The dynatrax are bad to the bone :dizzy: The rear axle went right in- the front was another story :evil: the only thing right to connect to was the axle tube... Not 1 bracket, or spring perch were set at the correct angle or distance.. They striped the axle clean and welded all new mounts, brackets and perches. Everyone was shocked to say the least :grim: As much money as those axles cost :dead: they should be right. Especially after waiting since January. Well, there in, and there a beast. The nice man has a wonderful, Firebreathing 6.4 Hemi BLack Ops JK Rolling on 1 Ton Dynatrax. It don't get much better :ALONE: Maybe I get to ride in it :goink: :goink: :goink: bshooter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:06 pm 
LOST Member

Making a little progress-Just a few parts. ORI's in route, no pic yet. bshooter[url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/Image.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url]
[url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN1245.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url]

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am 
LOST Member

Hope all is enjoying the freedoms our fallen military gave their lives for.. Happy Memorial Day!
I was lucky to find a FL. State Law Officer at a gas station that had a set of portable scales and was willing to weigh my Jeep. The officer rounded the numbers to the closest 50# Front drivers side 1300lbs, front passenger side 1300lbs, rear drivers side 1100lbs, rear passenger side 1100lbs. I had 3/4 of a tank of fuel when the jeep was weighed. I had no other crap in the Jeep. I do have a Wench an an ARB cattle cruncher in front. This must account for the extra weight up front. Maybe these # can help someone with spring rates in the future. I'm getting a little closer to the tare down. :rockon: :pepper: :CAMPING: :BINGO: bshooter

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Heavy beast for sure!

(I did a Memorial March today with some of my buddies, good day here in Hawaii!)

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bshooter wrote:
Hope all is enjoying the freedoms our fallen military gave their lives for.. Happy Memorial Day!
I was lucky to find a FL. State Law Officer at a gas station that had a set of portable scales and was willing to weigh my Jeep. The officer rounded the numbers to the closest 50# Front drivers side 1300lbs, front passenger side 1300lbs, rear drivers side 1100lbs, rear passenger side 1100lbs. I had 3/4 of a tank of fuel when the jeep was weighed. I had no other crap in the Jeep. I do have a Wench an an ARB cattle cruncher in front. This must account for the extra weight up front. Maybe these # can help someone with spring rates in the future. I'm getting a little closer to the tare down. :rockon: :pepper: :CAMPING: :BINGO: bshooter

4800lbs is not bad for a slightly modded KJ,pretty light for a modded CRD.I was at 5500lbs before my SFA swap and over 6000lbs after.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:08 am 
LOST Member

I did forget in the last post the FL State Officer did tell me that the scales they use could show as much as 10% weight difference then just getting on a Junk yard scale, because of weight distribution. I must be getting old :oops: To get the weight correct on each corner, or very close, I will get weighed at the junk yard, subtract 4800#, divide the sum by 4 and add that amount to each corner. If the 10% is correct the Jeep should weigh 5280# rf1420#, lf1420#, rr1220# lr1220#. I will ck it this week. b :5SHOTS: shooter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:52 pm 
LOST Member

Got a few more parts in. Still waiting on the ORI's and then shop time :SOMBRERO:
[url][URL=http://s886.photobucket.com/user/bshooterr/media/DSCN1264.jpg.html]Image[/url]/url]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next