It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: KK SFA, 60 FR, 70 RR, 42" MTR's
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:28 pm 
LOST Member

I see you are sending your springs back, what #rates did you use the first time and what are you changing them to? Thanks bshooter

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:59 pm 
LOST Member

ROKHOPPERJ25 wrote:
"GIVE ME LIBERTY OR ELSE!" :?:

I like it

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

The front springs are 300/300 and the rear are 175/300....waaaaaaay wrong!! A fella who showed up at our Starr Motors off road day helps build monster trucks at Dennis Andersons place. He told me that we would probably be closer to right with a 175/250 frt and 175/175 rr. We are going to have it 4 corner weighed and weigh our unsprung parts. We don't wanna do this again.....GIVE ME LIBERTY OR ELSE! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:44 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks, I don't quite get how the #s work but I do under stand sprung and unsprung. I cant afford to make spring mistakes when I order mine. The shop that will help me says I need lighter springs like you just said. Looking at other build list they used heaver # springs. Someone else with this knowledge please chime in if you have any advice. Thanks Rokhopperj25

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

bshooter wrote:
Thanks, I don't quite get how the #s work but I do under stand sprung and unsprung. I cant afford to make spring mistakes when I order mine. The shop that will help me says I need lighter springs like you just said. Looking at other build list they used heaver # springs. Someone else with this knowledge please chime in if you have any advice. Thanks Rokhopperj25

You have a CRD so you can not go by a gas model spring rates.You may end up with front coils more around 450-500lbs since you have 300lbs+ more weight up front then a gas model.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:52 am 
LOST Addict

I noticed in the frontal picture even with it SFA'd the liberties still keep thier slight lean.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
bshooter wrote:

You have a CRD so you can not go by a gas model spring rates.You may end up with front coils more around 450-500lbs since you have 300lbs+ more weight up front then a gas model.

Would that mean (in this example) two coils 150/300 or 175/300?

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 pm 
LOST Member

Somebody could probably explain this better then me, and I could be wrong but I will take a stab at it. WELL MAYBE NOT but heres a good read. bshooter http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavist ... rs/Part_1/
This tech section has lots of good stuff. The upper link is part of it..Heres the rest..
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/index.php

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 am 
LOST Member

bshooter wrote:
Somebody could probably explain this better then me, and I could be wrong but I will take a stab at it. WELL MAYBE NOT but heres a good read. bshooter http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billavist ... rs/Part_1/
This tech section has lots of good stuff. The upper link is part of it..Heres the rest..
http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/index.php

Wow, this thing is awesome. Subbed

'08, OME HD/MD coils, Ironman shocks, Al's A-arms, Top plates, ATH front recovery, V-Tec Offroad wheels 17x8.5, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's 265/65R17, Jasper Offroad 12" Dual LED lightbar, Mopar hitch and harness, RRO roof rails and cross bars, Viper throttle body, K&N FIPK, Hypertech Max Energy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well, finally back on it. Weighed it the other day with a 4 corner scale we borrowed from a race car shop. WHEW! We were waaaay off!! total weight as pictured last, 4450#. unsprung weight surprised us. RF-450#, LF-500#, RR-407#, LR-357#. That left our sprung weight at RF-849#, LF-726#, RR-600#, LR-661#. Now I have to graph it out and add the weight of the tubing we are going to add so we can reorder springs. We are also getting the radiator in and all the under hood accessories are being relocated. Will post some new pics soon. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 pm 
LOST Member

Cannot wait to see more!! I check everyday!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:15 pm 
LOST Junkie

Coming along good :JEEPIN:

1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897619/2005-jeep-liberty-sport-sport-utility-4d

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Always nice to see some custom work going on! Though I am a bit curious why with this kind of height you went with an inverted T steering set up. I'd imagine you'd get some tie rod roll.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:41 am 
LOST Addict

I think this project has fallen by the way side since we havent seen or heard anything else in almost 3 weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

RedJeep42 wrote:
Always nice to see some custom work going on! Though I am a bit curious why with this kind of height you went with an inverted T steering set up. I'd imagine you'd get some tie rod roll.

If you look closely at a lot of the pictures you'd like start asking a ton more why questions too, the front trac-bar and upper steering arm are not at even near the same angle? Why do the front shocks angle out at the top and in at the axle? Why would you go through all that work in the rear and not double tri-angulate the rear? Why are the rear arms mounted single shear at the body end? Why did are the rear arms so short and at such an angle? Why did the front get radius armed at this height where there is loads of clearance?

Don't get me wrong I love the build but there is a ton of room for improvement to the overall layout of that suspension/steering setup, When mine was built a ton of things got re done 3-4 times so it would work correctly offroad and drive decent at the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:48 am 
LOST Newbie

When you ask yourself these same questions you start tearing things apart. I am dissatisfied with quite a few things here. Why did I build all my shock tabs and other brackets out of 3/16" instead of 1/4" material? Why did I turn all the lower shock tabs in the wrong direction? Why did I try to fit the rear shocks outboard, they have got to go inboard! These and a multitude of other "whys" have stopped me momentarily.
I can answer some of the whys though.
The track bar and drag link are on the same plane, don't let the bend in the track bar fool your eyes.
The room that appears to exist for four links in the front is occupied by front driveshaft and exhaust(soon). Could I have? Sure! But I like radius arms.
The steering is not an inverted "y". The tierod is one piece and the drag link ties into it. I don't like it but it clears everything at full compression and operates at full droop. I really want to do full hydro but the highway dictates otherwise.
The rear arms are not single shear....nothing is single shear...but I do plan on doubling alot of the material used in the brackets.
The angle of the rear arms (and front for that matter)is a result of the Jeep sitting at almost full droop. We have the wrong springs in it still. the front has to go down 4/5" and the rear will squat another 6+ inches.
Stay tuned...I still have bills to pay so it's a bit hard to find time for this. I promise an update soon. :juggle:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 am 
LOST Junkie

I found this thread late in the game but I'm curious. How exactly do you intend on eliminating the throttle lag on the 3.7? This information is very important to me lol You're not using a sprint booster are you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 pm 
LOST Addict

TIJKK1220 wrote:
I found this thread late in the game but I'm curious. How exactly do you intend on eliminating the throttle lag on the 3.7? This information is very important to me lol You're not using a sprint booster are you?

He said he'll add the "throttle delay eliminator" which is the sprint booster I'm guessing.

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:46 pm 
LOST Junkie

Gageraid wrote:
TIJKK1220 wrote:

He said he'll add the "throttle delay eliminator" which is the sprint booster I'm guessing.

That's what I assumed but I thought he May have had a secret we haven't come across before :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:56 pm 
LOST Addict

TIJKK1220 wrote:
Gageraid wrote:
TIJKK1220 wrote:

That's what I assumed but I thought he May have had a secret we haven't come across before :twisted:

I sure hope it's a new trick!

Sky Slider
Hypertech Max Energy
K&N CAI
Gibson stainless steel exhaust
Blacked out
ScanGauge2
BFG All Terrrain 225/75/16
JBA upper control arms

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next