It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Basic questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 am 
LOST Addict

The main difference in sliders between companies is quilty and engineering Rock Lizard is the best all the way around simply because of his build quality and he engineered and tested them on a Liberty not on a bench. The difference between the skinks and super skins is the radius bar which protects your doors instead of just your rockers. I have used my radius bars more then a few times to walk around tress and they have saved me alot of times when it came to the rocks they are just extra insurance and plus alittle more protection in close parking sistuations.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:05 am 
LOST Newbie

with all due respect, i've never seen RL's sliders. like i said, i tested and tried the JCR and they performed flawlessly. i'm sure RL's are a good product due to the fact that he's able to do more fine-tuning on a personal level, but i'll take the sliders that i've tested and are built by a company that can put big $$ into testing, fitting, etc for their product so that every single one is the same. every time. never any fitment issues. they also come same as RL's. square tube only, with straight out tube, and 45* tube. i ordered the 45* ones. i'm considering RL for my gas tank skid and possibly roof rack at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

Actually jcr does have fitment issues that last I recall have not been resolved.

03 Sport - SEMI DIGGERIZED, Surco Rack with Daylighters, OME Lift, Runcool Hood Louvers, RL Front Bumper and Super Skink Sliders, 31" BFG AT/KO on Soft 8s, Skid Row/Mopar Skids, 8k Smittybilt Winch with Synthetic Line.
MY BUILD: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59628

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:55 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

MrJ wrote:
with all due respect, i've never seen RL's sliders. like i said, i tested and tried the JCR and they performed flawlessly. i'm sure RL's are a good product due to the fact that he's able to do more fine-tuning on a personal level, but i'll take the sliders that i've tested and are built by a company that can put big $$ into testing, fitting, etc for their product so that every single one is the same. every time. never any fitment issues. they also come same as RL's. square tube only, with straight out tube, and 45* tube. i ordered the 45* ones. i'm considering RL for my gas tank skid and possibly roof rack at the moment.

Well little background, I've had a set of AllJs Boulder Bars, sold them and got RLs which are way better built etc.
As far as JCR, installed two sets here at my place, they both had one of the mounting holes right where there is a hole in the frame rail of the KJs and KKs. Sent them messages about and made one phone call to tell them about, basically I was blown off and they didn't want to hear about it. Done me from ever dealing with them.
But hey they may of finally discovered what I was trying to tell them was right, not sure since never have seen any more . Good luck in your quest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

when was that? if they don't fit, i'll send em back and go with RL. simple. i appreciate the advice you guys are giving.

what are the benefits of going up to 4"? will that allow a 32" tire? i figure i'll need a new driveshaft at that point, and possibly cut down cv's in the front? can someone explain this to me?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:16 am 
LOST Addict

The rear driveshaft being a slip yoke design would be a concern of mine also because you could loose it on the trail with to much articualtion. The cut or shaved CVs are a whole different story they are to prevent binding in the front end at full droop. The CRDs have issues with binding at anything over about 2.75 but that is just because of some slight design difference in the front end. But at 4 inches in a gasser i have no idea with they will be needed or not Rev Mudd should be able to speak upon that subject.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:30 am 
LOST Newbie

picking up a HP 30 next week after a friend gets it out. recently rebuilt. advice on... everything? looking at ballistic fab CO's or bilstein 9100's. any advice, suggestions? also looking at clayton long arms, as i have a good relationship with them after my WJ build. thanks for the info so far guys, you've all been great