It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: a tree took off a wheel so im going to sfa it.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:21 pm 
LOST Member

The steering box is nothing to take lightly. It needs to put in so that it CANT be RIPED OUT. I would Reinforce it the best I could and include the reinforcement as part of the frame stiffening. You will find out that the KJ Unibody is strong when it is complete but once you remove the connecting suspension parts with the cradle the body can twist and loose its integral strength.. I have seen a few steering boxes ripped off of a number of 4x4's and once it happens its too late. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thank you for the info. I planed to re make the forward cross members for the front suspension to suck them up and get them out of the new suspensions way. I will now make that a priority. As for the steering box I will start figuring out how to mount it with reinforcement as soon as I get it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:40 pm 
LOST Member

kavno wrote:
Thank you for the info. I planed to re make the forward cross members for the front suspension to suck them up and get them out of the new suspensions way. I will now make that a priority. As for the steering box I will start figuring out how to mount it with reinforcement as soon as I get it.

If you knew what I know from dying after having an SFA kj. I feel like it could be done right for 6-7 g and no goodies in the front axle. Wish I was in your position I am having to sell my kj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk