It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SFA's Need Wider Axles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:54 pm 
LOST Member

If you are planning to change your KJ Ifs to Solid Axles GO WIDER… Anyone who has built on "PLEASE CHIME IN" …. I think there is a Big Miscommunication about Keeping a rear stock axle and changing the front… I don't see how it would be Safe after running a lifted SFA JK… If you can not afford to do BOTH AXLES --- DONT DO IT…JK axles are 5" wider then the stock rear axle, older ford 44 or 60's and a 14 bolt are 7" wider and worth the SAFTY Cost.. IMO… so what if a Light is on about TPMS Jeep still runs great… Use a GPS till you can get TJJK2002 speedo fix. If you go UP GO WIDER and enjoy having a great preforming Jeep...

Post subject: Re: SFA's Need Wider Axles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:26 pm 
LOST Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LMTiAbf3b0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:03 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

bshooter wrote:
If you are planning to change your KJ Ifs to Solid Axles GO WIDER… Anyone who has built on "PLEASE CHIME IN" …. I think there is a Big Miscommunication about Keeping a rear stock axle and changing the front… I don't see how it would be Safe after running a lifted SFA JK… If you can not afford to do BOTH AXLES --- DONT DO IT…JK axles are 5" wider then the stock rear axle, older ford 44 or 60's and a 14 bolt are 7" wider and worth the SAFTY Cost.. IMO… so what if a Light is on about TPMS Jeep still runs great… Use a GPS till you can get TJJK2002 speedo fix. If you go UP GO WIDER and enjoy having a great preforming Jeep...

Totally agree

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:06 pm 
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint

Highly encourage wide axles. Troy and I used the HP 44 off a late 70s F series (You do not want the LP as your drive line angle will be crap) for the rear, I used a Ford 9" from a matching 70's F Series and Troy had the RockJock 60 with 65" Wheel Mounting Surface (WMS) to WMS.

Ours have been in some ultra tippy situations off road, but (other than sliding Troy's pig on snow) we have always been stable. At moab, I did quite a few of the steep downhills/offcambers with no tippy feeling.

As long as your tires are good (mine aren't) you will feel stability on the road as well. When my tires were new, she would do 85 like it was her job (lower elevation) to include curves and lane changes on the highway.
Felt better on the wide axles and 35X12.50s than on factory width with 31X10s.