It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My SFA/CRD build
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

So I've started tearing my crd down to move on from the ifs suspension. I've been lurking the forum for a couple years and have been planning this about as long. I'm well aware of all the obstacles and I think I have most figured out... Or as much as I can until I get into the build a little further, always a few "I thought that would've worked" scenarios.
Here's a short build list-
Front:
Pushed out about 3"
12" coilovers (may swap later but I'll start there)
Building with jk d30 but once I'm happy with setup I'll swap for a core 44.
Poison spyder coilover mounts
Synergy 3 link brackets
Black diamond 3 link axle truss
RE XJ trac bar bracket
Track bar -tbd
Anti-rock by Currie
Steering box - was going to try the jk psc box but even with aftermarket rad and cac, I'm not sure it"ll work like i like. I'll probably go with the bronco 2 box, and I'll add the ram assist.
Frame will be plated as needed

Rear:
Synergy 4 link mounts
Black diamond 4 link truss
Was going with 14" 5152 res. Bilsteins and ome springs, now thinking 14" coilovers. Once I get the front set where I want I'll decide exactly which direction to go in the rear.

Engine:
Custom mounts, lifting the engine an inch. Complete removal of factory subframe.

Transfer:
Rubicon rock-trac case.

I've had it torn down about a month now. I've changed my mind a few times from my initial build designs. I wanted to get a solid design before the cutting began. I opted to use pre-built brackets because I get them cheap and it saves me some time. I'm plating the frame as well as welding in the ARB bumper support, I'll be removing the factory core support from the frame down and building it to hold the aluminum radiator, cac and condenser. I'm probably going with a 4.11 gear set on a 36" tire with reasons front and rear.

Should be fun, it won't be fast but if all goes well... It'll be a doo doo ton of daily driven fun when it's finished. Here's a few pics in no certain order.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: My SFA/CRD build
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just to note you might want to re-think 4.10's with 36" tires,even with a CRD it will be a complete dog.

4.88 gears would be better suited for that tire size and a CRD.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:24 pm 
LOST Member

Definitely 4.88 gears. I cant imagine 4.10s and 36s thats already a bad setup for 33s

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:46 am 
LOST Newbie

The 4.10's were free. The diesel would roast the 32x10.50's before (3.73 gears) and I'm adding the hot tune, trans tune, and power puck so I'm going to try them out first. Worst case I spend a few hours doing gears after it's together.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Verbal_CRD wrote:
The 4.10's were free. The diesel would roast the 32x10.50's before (3.73 gears) and I'm adding the hot tune, trans tune, and power puck so I'm going to try them out first. Worst case I spend a few hours doing gears after it's together.

Really you might want to opt for deeper gears from the start.

Depending on wheel/tire combo your going to be adding 50lbs-100lbs of weight on each corner not to mention several hundred pounds of added weight from the SFA swap alone.

My KJ stock was just a tad over 4000lbs and now it's well over 6200lbs and 5.13 gears are barely enough here in Colorado,great once you descend below 3000' above sea level.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:39 pm 
LOST Member

Im Thrilled we have another CRD Build.... Congratulations... :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: :JEEPIN: