It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm 
This member has been Banned

what about a little afternoon meet n greet at a local bar
on maby tues 10/10 or wed 10/11
we will be pasing through memphis for a day then going to nashville then over to murphy NC for the jeepjambo on the 13-15
we will be in the TJ not the KJ but thats no reason to not hook up and meet
I will probably have my photo album of our local trips to show off if yall are interested that may also boost interest in yall driving down to our area for a ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Either day will work, just let me know...I'll be in classes on Wed, but if you get in Wed night we could meet up, Tuesdays i work since I just have classes on M-W-F, but can get off in the afternoon if your passing through/visiting then...got quite a few bars in different parts of the town to go too...of course we got Beale Street, but what's your style of bar?? (Fraternity boy here so I know some places of different style)

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:47 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
Either day will work, just let me know...I'll be in classes on Wed, but if you get in Wed night we could meet up, Tuesdays i work since I just have classes on M-W-F, but can get off in the afternoon if your passing through/visiting then...got quite a few bars in different parts of the town to go too...of course we got Beale Street, but what's your style of bar?? (Fraternity boy here so I know some places of different style)

the wife and I are past the Frat ber thing by 8 years
I dont see any thing wrong with them because i did that whole thing when my wife was in collage
now i like to sit down and drink my beer some place where i can here my self think and dont have to fight with every insecure guy who thinks that i might pick up his girl friend and take her home just because i looked at her when she is wearing cloths that let her b@@#$ hang out and can make out every little detail every where else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

fair enough....are you guys staying overnight in memphis or just passing through?

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:49 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
fair enough....are you guys staying overnight in memphis or just passing through?

as of right now we would stay 1 night
probably drive up tuesday night get in around midnight and leave on wensday around 5pm or so

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

okie doke...if that's your plans I might not be able to meet ya...that isn't to say others couldn't...I got classes all day Wednesday, even through lunch, 8-3...maybe we could meet for an early dinner perhaps?....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:05 am 

quick update on the ride -see topic
it will be at a new place that i have not yet seen I may or may not go if i get a few other KJ's and it is KJ friendly then probably will
if you are interested even maby look at a map follow I-55 south to the LA/MS border it's a few miles from there
it will be on 8/20 probably meet up in the area for 8-9:00 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

8/20 is the day before school starts for me...there is no way the parents are gunna let me leave town then....whatcha got going on around Labor Day weekend...I want to make a trip somewhere...It may end up being in Arkansas somewhere camping for the weekend or canoeing or whatnot...you interested in meeting up there anywhere if possible...we recently got a few new guys from Arkansas joining the ranks of lost so maybe they can find some cool spots for us to wheel and camp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:41 pm 

probably not labor day
i will be doing a quite a few mods on the TJ between now mid october when i head to the jeepjambo near telico
so staying out will be tight ,I need the weekends to work on my junk
if the clubs do something local we may go in the KJ
I was thinking that a ride the weekend after thanksgiving would be cool that is a 3 day weekend for most and we could travel further unless i decide to breake something at the jambo then its back to money being tight

you know the old saying
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
and i have 2 to go with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

affirmitive on the J.E.E.P. - I should be saving up for some belly armor and some better rock rails....i'm also thinking about converting to 4.10 gears front and rear since I'm running the 255s and once they are gone maybe 265s...but yea that Nov/Thanks. Run has sounded good since you mentionmed earlier in the month...i just don't recall where you said it was...I know it was private land but where exactly???/ MS or LA or AR??? good luck on the TJ Project(s) b4 the JJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:19 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
affirmitive on the J.E.E.P. - I should be saving up for some belly armor and some better rock rails....i'm also thinking about converting to 4.10 gears front and rear since I'm running the 255s and once they are gone maybe 265s...but yea that Nov/Thanks. Run has sounded good since you mentionmed earlier in the month...i just don't recall where you said it was...I know it was private land but where exactly???/ MS or LA or AR??? good luck on the TJ Project(s) b4 the JJ.

LA/MS border area we would do it on the cheep
with a few bucks for the land owner and camp out primative style

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds good to me...I can handle that...got a friend in Hattiesburg i need to call too and see what wheeling there is around that area.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:54 pm 

OK here is what I got first the November idea is out ,hunting lease, no jeeps at that time of year
second we will be going riding on 8/20 ,it's a sunday, near the LA/MS border
from what i hear this will be a good run because the "smaller rigs" will be able to go and wach the "big guys" break stuff

I have not been but I know that a grand with a budget boost ran it with no problems if you want to go post up or PM me for more details
i want to say that we need to be in the area for around 8:30 or 9:00 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i won't be able to make that run sadly b/c college resumes classes the next day and the parentals have already started the lockdown for that weekend...sorry...any chance of anotehr location for Thanksgiving???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:59 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
i won't be able to make that run sadly b/c college resumes classes the next day and the parentals have already started the lockdown for that weekend...sorry...any chance of anotehr location for Thanksgiving???

That sucks but being a little older I will side with them ,school is more important
as far as some place else for thanksgiving I am out as afr as places worth going for more than 3 or 4 hours at a time
I will have my wife look into the desoto forest thing ,she likes doing that kind of stuff, and post up what we find out if any thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:43 pm 
LOST Member

8-20 looks good. Hopefully have some good tires by then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:50 pm 

nolakj wrote:
8-20 looks good. Hopefully have some good tires by then.

from the looks of things it will be just me and you as far as KJ's and the first time ever in south LA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've yet to see any other KJ with a L.O.S.T decal. I look at everyone I see one but nothing yet. I'm about to stop even bothering.

Southern L.O.S.T. #232849

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:21 pm 

JeeperCreeper wrote:
I've yet to see any other KJ with a L.O.S.T decal. I look at everyone I see one but nothing yet. I'm about to stop even bothering.

I am talking about the trail ride
I post up at least 1 sometimes more a month for about 5 months and had only one guy from florida show up to one ride
when I post a ride here it is to give folks a chance to go on a "real" trail ride that they would other wise never get to go do
every ride I post here is stock KJ friendly provided you have full skids and front and rear tow points
would you like to go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JeeperCreeper:

Yeah, being from Nashville, I don't think I have ever seen you around town either. I know there is one other guy from Clarksville who used to be on here. Just keep an eye out for black renegades! Mine has the KJ Euro-decal in the bottom left corner on the back window.

Jason:

I understand the frustration with not getting other KJs to come down to go wheeling. However, for Creeper and me, you are about 8 hours away. And unlike the guys in the West, the places down there are not one-of-a-kind wheeling Meccas like Moab. There are several places within an hour or two of me that give my KJ a good-enough challenge that it's hard to justify spending half the weekend driving just to go wheeling for an afternoon.

Anyway, best of luck on your adventures next weekend!

2003 Renegade 4x4 5spd