It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UP DATED 8/2 august trail ride
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:03 am 
This member has been Banned

i have no details as of yet but i know that some thing will happen
any body want to go?

also just a thought but what about trying to set up a big trip to some place like hot spring or gilmer or murphy some place like that?
i will be going back to gilmer in January for my B-day trip but its a public park and any body can wheel there also october i will be going to murphy for the JJ so those 2 months are out but november and december are open for me
i am thinking camping and wheeling for a few days so i dont think september will be any good
post up thoughts

Last edited by jason thompson on Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

well there is the Quachita Jeep Jam, but not sure if i'll be doing that or not due to my cousin's wedding...however there have been talks of thte wedding getting moved due to reservation conflicts or some mess like that...but that will have to wait and see...i'd like to head out towards murphy, NC myself. I've heard of this Nantahala National Forest that is suppost to be pretty cool for camping and canoeing and even some riding (not sure on that part though)..but not sure what it's distance is from murphy. tellico is right there to if not the same thing i believe. so i'd be up for something like that in October say around the 13-22...not able to make it to Moab like i thought...but i will get out there eventually....a december trip would be cool i think...maybe to hot springs or something like that...maybe even murray, KY (if you can make it that far jason) I found a ohv park there...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:14 am 

that weekend in october i am going to be at the JJ in murphy i would like to try to get togeather in january at gilmer
it is just out side Longview TX about 7 hours+ for me but worth every minute
and as far as wheeling in the Nanahala last time we were up there i could find nothing about legal wheelin up there also its over 12 hours drive so if i goo that far i want to be sure i can wheel and do stuff other than wheel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:37 pm 

ok seeing as how i post up a bunch of rides but no one seems to want to go maby to far or some thing like that
if i could get info on trails all over the south including LA MS AL what would be a resonable drive for most or a central location for most
i will talk with some people i know who may know of some public land that we can use but i will need to know where every body wants to go or most important how far they are willing to drive

it looks like we are the only chapter on the board that cant seem to get a wheeling trip togeather w.t.f.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm willing to drive most anywhere, as long as there is a place for me to stay the night for a couple of nights....if I have to travel over 7 hours to get somewhere I'd like to spend more then just one night at that location. That's just my deal though...when i got fall break come this October 13-22 I plan on driving to just about anywhere...Murphy,NC being the farthest East, probably where you are being the furthest South, maybe Gilmer being the furthest West, and then maybe Chicago area (I think a place called Badlands is up there) being the furthest North (I got fam in Central Illinois I can stay with so that helps). But you are right we do seem to be the only group that can't get organized enough to get a ride going. the thing that really puts a damper on my riding is school starting up soon, so I have to take that into account too. I really do appreciate all your offers though that you do place towards all of us jason...it just seems that we (Southern lost) cover such a large area that it might in fact almost be worth splitting if need be. but that is a whole other can of worms.

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:32 pm 

ok how does 5 hours sound?
looking at a map there MAY be an option to hit some private land that we just gained access to it would be 5 hours for most every one but we would be able to camp 1 night there and then go to the near by stat park for another night

I will not even ask for 2 or 3 rigs I DO NOT WANT TO OVER STEP MY BOUNDRIES for 1 person to wheel with us on land that we will get to use several times a year but if 4 or 5 guys want to drive out our way then i will ask
let me know what you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds good to me. let me know when and where exactly and I'll double check with my calendar....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:53 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
Sounds good to me. let me know when and where exactly and I'll double check with my calendar....

I was thinking maby the weekend after thanksgiving? maby drive friday camp that night wheel all day saturday drive home sunday
most people dont work on that friday so this could work out great

unless you just have to go shopping that day
if that is the case then you are not invited :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

no no no...i don't shop unless i am in dire need of something....DIRE need...like deodorant or underwear...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ok, just checked with the calendar and that weekend is open for now pending any family Turkey Day trip that I don't know about yet...if there is one it will be to Central Illinois...I'll check with my parentals when they finally get home from work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:15 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
no no no...i don't shop unless i am in dire need of something....DIRE need...like deodorant or underwear...

i dont even shop for that just tell the wife what size and let her pick the sent then i know i am good to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ain't got a wife just yet...not quite ready to settle down but i got a prospect in sights...not quite sure she'd shop for my deodorant though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:30 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
ain't got a wife just yet...not quite ready to settle down but i got a prospect in sights...not quite sure she'd shop for my deodorant though...

you would be surprized at what you can get them to do if they are conserned what others will think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LOL... :lol: ...I'll give you that...if it's in their best interest they will act on it...

Post subject: Trails
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:11 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey, I'd really like to go, I'll need specific dates and it's a little tight right now. (just started a job, no vacation for first 90 days) :) I'm willing to drive anything within reason (10 hours or less). I started job in mid June so Oct. Nov. my schedule will open up some more, vacation, and I'll also be down to 3 days / week with some 4 day weekends. I'll keep you guys filled in. As I said in another post, I'm in Northern Arkansas, so Mississippi is a bit far, depending on what part and I can pull some Louisiana, and any time anybody goes to Hot Springs I got a friend down there I can stay with and am totally willing to drop in if I can get off work.

Tommy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yo dude....not usre if you saw my other post towards you earlier...i was just up in Buffalo national Park back over the 4th...great area...wish I could have spent more time over there to find some trails...maybe before I head back to school we can meetup somewhere and do some wheeling and camping or whatnot....of course pending your schedule...i'm looking at soing something the first weekend of august and hopefully making it a Meet-n-Greet for those lost members that can make it...I just need to find a place where we can all meet...i'd like to get everyone together around that time as well b/c i will also have the Southern lost decals in by then and can just hand them to people rather then shipping them out to them. Let me know if you think there would be anything you can do to help me/us set up something like that...THANKS!!!!

Post subject: MEET-n-GREET
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

OK folks this is what i would like to see...if you are interested in going on Sunday August 6 to Wheelin In the Country (WITC is located in Summertown, TN) for a Meet-N-Greet Trail Ride...I'm thinking for those that are near the Memphis area we could meet off of Stage Road (or Rt-64 to others) at the Steak-n-Shake near the I-40 #17 exit. I'm thinking of a 730-8am firm meet time at the S-N-S so that we can get on the road to get out to WITC by 1130 or so. From what I've calculated and seen on my Microsoft MapPoint it takes about 3.5 hours to get there no matter which way you go...I-40 and then rural roads or just going down Rt-64. Personally I think the I-40 route might be quicker, but that is me. I'm planning on having the Southern lost decals in my possession by then from Don (pixeldzn) so I can dispurse those out to those that have already ordered them. The only thing that stinks about WITC is the $15 driver AND rider fee they charge, but I hope it will be worth it. For all general purposes I am going to include the website of the place so you can do further research and whatnot...http://www.wheelininthecountry.com/index.html I hope that this event can happen and be a good way to get Southern lost "kick-started" into becoming a major lost Chapter that it could be. Also lets all try and see if we might be able to head down towards the New Orleans, LA area in December if possible, I know jason thompson would really appreciate it since he has tried and tried to get us down there to ride with him AND it would be a great way to help keep this Southern Chapter momentum going. Please post any thoughts you might have...THANKS!!!!

Last edited by 2006KJSPORT4x4 on Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:53 pm 

i would sugest useing extreme caution when going to a place like this ,private land that others use
i found my self one time on a trail that was susposed to be "easy" but when i got going i found that some of the mud was over my tires not counting the water
at the time i was running 33"s and 5" lift on a ford ranger
the guys that knew the area said i would have some problems but would be mostly ok
i got stuck ,framed out, in the first hole

again if you go this route use caution

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:00 am 
LOST Newbie

Would I even be able to do anything since my rides completly stock?

Southern L.O.S.T. #232849

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

from some of the discussion i have seen on the websites forum it seems that a lot of stock rigs usually go and do fine due to the upkeep of the trails...do you have tow hooks at least?

I also just got an e-mail from one of the guys that frequents the park and says that there are lots of viewing areas to see the built rigs taking some of the tougher trails they have available...there was another guy that responded back to me as well saying that he might be there on August 6th as well...just throwing this out there but they have primitive camping that is available too and it is free...anyone interested in going up saturday aug 5, perhaps that evening