It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: benifit campout & trail ride
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:14 am 
This member has been Banned

Ok folks here is your chance to do 2 things that will make you feel good I know that I do
A local club ,AWOL, is having a benifit ride and camp out for The American Cancer Society
they are looking at mid October ,I should be there, we usualy ride at least 3 rides one day with 1 being at night and the 1 or 2 the next day
This would be a great chance for all of us to get togeather as well as do something good for the comunity

The last time we did this we did it on a Saturday and Sunday it was like $15 for the weekend ,not bad.

We ,me and nolakj, will be going out on a clean up and trail work day tomarow and will post up pics of the property.
I will post up more info as it comes

I hope to see you guys out there
Jason 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey, now we might have something here....I have Fall Break from the 14-22 of October so if it falls anywhere in there, I'll do my darndest to get down there for it....I also heard of this group, Josh Randall (says he's President of A.W.O.L.) posted up about this group at facebook.com under the new Jeep National Facebook group. Actually it is an attempt by Jeep to market the Compass through a series of on the road concerts near certain universities, so that was their purpose of starting the group...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:36 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
Hey, now we might have something here....I have Fall Break from the 14-22 of October so if it falls anywhere in there, I'll do my darndest to get down there for it....I also heard of this group, Josh Randall (says he's President of A.W.O.L.) posted up about this group at facebook.com under the new Jeep National Facebook group. Actually it is an attempt by Jeep to market the Compass through a series of on the road concerts near certain universities, so that was their purpose of starting the group...

Yes Josh is a friend of mine
They ,awol, is always doing this type of stuff a real good group
AWOL is a "younger" group than LA4X4
we rode the property on saturday and found some new "chalanges" as well as some old ones that without 35's and locker were not going to be doable but I hope that either this saturday or at least befor the ride we can get them doable to some point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Challenges that were doable by a KJ would require belly armor I presume? I'm going to try and get a Super Skid II before the end of September if possible and the Mopar gas tank skid too. I currently have the Mopar rock rails, you think those would last on some of the obstacles? If not I'll see if I can get some of those awesome looking Carolina Rock Shop ones that I saw on dog party's rig in a picture sometime back....Let me know some dates as soon as you can Jason, thanks.

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:41 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
Challenges that were doable by a KJ would require belly armor I presume? I'm going to try and get a Super Skid II before the end of September if possible and the Mopar gas tank skid too. I currently have the Mopar rock rails, you think those would last on some of the obstacles? If not I'll see if I can get some of those awesome looking Carolina Rock Shop ones that I saw on dog party's rig in a picture sometime back....Let me know some dates as soon as you can Jason, thanks.

You will be fine with the full mopar skids out here thats all nolakj has
and if you have mopar rock rails they are 100% better than mine I got nothing at all nore does he so dont worry about that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:48 pm 

this is the type of terain it is

sandy in some spots and clay in others I will look for a few more pics of these trails

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:00 am 

A few more of one of the most challenging spots at the time now it needs "help"

here is one of my TJ to put it in perspective of just how steep this spot is

It may not look that bad but remember that with every hill what goes down must go up or some thing like that 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:19 am 

If you like what you see but want more then go to
http://www.geaux-awol.com
and click on images then just look fo the pics of any thing about "Paradice"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

THANKS!!!! did that KJ bottom out in the rear....your right that looks pretty steep....I'll be checking out the site for dates and whatnot on the American Cancer Society Event...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 am 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
THANKS!!!! did that KJ bottom out in the rear....your right that looks pretty steep....I'll be checking out the site for dates and whatnot on the American Cancer Society Event...

no he did not bottom out he is lifted ,2" I think, and 245/75 mtr's
we took a stocker down that hill that same weekend
although this past weekend I was looking rough to the point that I would be cautious with my TJ and recomend no KJ
But saturday I will be going out to fix it so that will be cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:25 pm 

is any body planing on going or rather coming to this event?
if no other KJ's will be there other than me and nolakj then I may not put alot of effort into fixing the wash out and just leave the by pass for those who cannot make it

we were talking and a moded wrangler should be OK as it is right now but it will rip the bumpers off of even a moded KJ
there are a few ledges now ,thanks to the roots holding the ground, that are a foot or better strait down so by by plastic bumpers and even a stock TJ bumper will not look so good

we are working on a new trail tomarrow and then we will "fix up" the old ones as needed

I would realy like to see more KJ's come out and it is realy a 2 day event with a camp out so come on down and support our cause and have some fun also

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

When is the event actually....I checked the website and for some reason can't find a date for it...they don't even have one on the calendar for it...If it is during my fall break I might be able to make it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:46 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
When is the event actually....I checked the website and for some reason can't find a date for it...they don't even have one on the calendar for it...If it is during my fall break I might be able to make it...

The talk right now is to do it the weekend of 10/21 & 10/22
but that is just talk I will know for sure by this weekend

we were out today and with all the additional trails that we are making it will take a while to run them in 1 direction and then we turn around and run them back

I should have some pics of a KJ running most of the "hard stuff" in about 2 weeks
but right now it is realy hard and needs some cleaning up for anyone who does not want to lean into a tree or for any body with tires smaller than 33" to make it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Keep me posted...with that date I might be able to make it...might be able to bring an XJ too, a friend of mine's rig, we go to school at the same place so we'll have the same break from school

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Any news on when this is exactly??? Very Interested in going if the date falls right...THANKS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:54 pm 
LOST Member

From the sounds of it Oct 14-15 is gonna be the date for the camping/wheeling extraeganza. Maybe Jason would give you a good deal on his old Tranny skid (from an 03 might ot fit). The obstacles on this trail are not bad at all. I went unlifted a few times and once was without skids at all (newb). You'd be fine. Hope you can make it dude. Keep an eye on that link JT posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

sweet action...if that is the case I should be able to make it down there...only 7 hours from memphis..maybe less depending on traffic...could be there the 13 if i can leave right after classes that friday, get tehre jsut before sunset hopefully...We'll see what develops....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm anxious to know...is this for sure going to be on the 14-15??? I checked the website again and can't get the calendar to work and haven't found a date posted yet for it...if those end up being the dates I might get in on the evening of the 13 if there is a camp ground near where this is taking place or if some one is gracious enough to let me chill on a couch or knows of a good place to stay. Let me know so I can get it figured out and plan accordingly...THANKS!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:05 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
I'm anxious to know...is this for sure going to be on the 14-15??? I checked the website again and can't get the calendar to work and haven't found a date posted yet for it...if those end up being the dates I might get in on the evening of the 13 if there is a camp ground near where this is taking place or if some one is gracious enough to let me chill on a couch or knows of a good place to stay. Let me know so I can get it figured out and plan accordingly...THANKS!!!!

dude contact nolakj if you want to go I will not be going cause I will be in telico but from all the new trail work you should have a blast

Travis? speak up help this guy out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:44 am 
LOST Member

For anyone intersted in coming to SE Louisiana for some good ole fashioned wheelin and campin out, here is your chance. Some local clubs are sponsoring a 2 day event (Oct 14th and 15th officially) with multiple daytime rides and a night ride (very cool!!). Food will be available and your donations will go to the American Cancer Society. Camping is also available on the property we will be wheeling. We do it right down here and this is sure to be a great time. See here for details http://la4x4forum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18337. PM me if you have any questions.