It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Camp out new date's 11/3-11/5
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:12 pm 
This member has been Banned

just a thought and it dont need to include wheelin just the cool weather gets me and the wife wanting to be out doors
we usualy like to keep it around 100 miles one way but if I can get friday off I would go for 150-200+ for the right spot
does any body know of any place? Does any body want to go with us?
we have a few places that we frequent ,state parks so "no wheelin", but we are up for some place new any thoughts?

If no body post up we will be going to Percy Quin state park in MS around McComb that is the 100 miler for us
we do tents and NO electric more fun that way

Any body?

Jason

Last edited by jason thompson on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If the parents won't let me go to Attica, In for the Mid-West Halloween Run, I'll try and get them to let me go camping and fishing down there...a few hours shorter to drive down to Percy (5 hours) then to Badlands (about 8 hours)...but we shall see...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:51 pm 
LOST Member

I'm in for Percy Quinn. Not sure if I can get Natalie to camp but we shall see. That weekend should be good. I needed to replace all my camping gear anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:30 pm 

nolakj wrote:
I'm in for Percy Quinn. Not sure if I can get Natalie to camp but we shall see. That weekend should be good. I needed to replace all my camping gear anyway.

Just tell her that Janet is going that may help then again my wife always goes to this kind of stuff
aint she cool?

also if you need camping gear Massey's on Severn in metairie is having a huge sale tent and the works you may check them out for some good quality stuff
they are a little steep regular but with the sale it may not be too bad. We have bought a good bit of stuff from them in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 am 
LOST Member

jason thompson wrote:
nolakj wrote:

Just tell her that Janet is going that may help then again my wife always goes to this kind of stuff
aint she cool?

also if you need camping gear Massey's on Severn in metairie is having a huge sale tent and the works you may check them out for some good quality stuff
they are a little steep regular but with the sale it may not be too bad. We have bought a good bit of stuff from them in the past.

Janet is very cool. I'll get Natalie out there one way or another.... Thanks for the heads up on Massey's. I'll have to check them out.

Post subject: NEW DATES
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:44 pm 

I had to change the dates cause the old dates conflicted with the VOO-DOO music fest. they have a killer line up this year so we realy want to go but we are free the next weekend

if any body wants to come out just for some fun then let me know?
We always have fun rain or shine but if it gets realy hot we dont go I dont like to sleep in the heat
I am a huge woose so what

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey i agree...the heat puts a damper on the sleeping bag and whole comfort issue....I'l see if that weekend is open now and get back to yas...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:31 pm 
LOST Member

So is this still on? I am definately up for it. Gotta get my $$$ worth outta the new camping gear. Natalie and I are in if you guys are still up to it.

PS Voodoo was awesome!! i was never really in to Social D before, or i just didn't realize how much they rock, but they sounded great live and they have a new fan fo sho. The Peppers were awesome and so was Ozomotli. Duran Duran surpised me too. Overall, well worth the $ and it was all within walking distance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:37 pm 

nolakj wrote:
So is this still on? I am definately up for it. Gotta get my $$$ worth outta the new camping gear. Natalie and I are in if you guys are still up to it.

PS Voodoo was awesome!! i was never really in to Social D before, or i just didn't realize how much they rock, but they sounded great live and they have a new fan fo sho. The Peppers were awesome and so was Ozomotli. Duran Duran surpised me too. Overall, well worth the $ and it was all within walking distance.

No I have to do some work that first weekend in nov then I am on call for work the second weekend so maby the 17th and 18th
and yes social d rules all and the peppers put on a good show but I would have liked to hear more older stuff
I only got the one day pass

what about the skid issue?