It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:34 am 
This member has been Banned

Dirty Silver KJ wrote:
Sorry, Hot Springs was not really a suggestion for a meeting place - just a good place to ride, but I know it's a long way for everyone else, maybe a weekend but not for one day. Jason I'm sure we didn't hit the same trails as your TJ and friends went - there are some SERIOUS trails there that you only try with rigs that have been trailered in. Over 1200 acres there so there are trails to please everyone. The last Jeep Jam of the year is there in October but at $195 per person I don't think I'll be there. There are a lot of KJ's in the south, we can't be the only one's that wheel them - as a region we need to be converting some folks to the proper use of their KJs - 5 states and so few appreciated KJs ???

Mike

yeah i got to thinking that i probably was hitting some "rough" stuff
as far as the KJs not getting wheeled i think that people have them but dont know what to do with them if that makes sence?
any way i know in June we will be putting on what is called the 4X4 Expo it will be put on kinda like "camp jeep" but will be on a much smaller scale and will be open for any kind of 4X4 i think that this year we will have more advertising and i will go around and put flyers on the winsheilds of every 4X4 KJ i see then maby folks will show up??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:14 am 
LOST Junkie

Jason Im sure there is something in my area, the thing is, I just dont know any trails. 30 Minutes from my house is a national park, I think on 69, but I dont know if there are any trails. If I tell everyone to come up here I wanna make sure the trails are worth it. What do y'all think about trails.com ?

ORM&EHM with great success!
TJM T17 Bumper, 50W KC HID's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:18 am 
LOST Member

Hey Yall. I posted up with these guys www.caos4x4.com on their forum. sounds like there are some cool places around B-ham. Would Birmingham be too far for everyone for a day of wheeling?

Jason...nice idea with flyers. There have to be a few other KJs in greater New Orleans that would be into playin in the dirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:36 am 
LOST Junkie

Bham would be perfect for me. Dont know about the others though.
Actually there is a guy from Bham who just signed up here recently. There is a topic from me on the Sightings forum.
I saw him in Tuscaloosa one day and he answered to the thread, but only once, never heard from him again.

Look what I found :shock: http://www.grayrockorv.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:05 pm 
LOST Member

Oh yeah!!!! I have heard so many great stories about Grey Rock. I neeeeeeed to go. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:30 pm 

gray rock is awsom but the trails from what i here are quite dificult
i dont know first hand but i plan to go as soon as i get the TJ on a trailer??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:34 pm 
LOST Junkie

Doesnt really look like we're gonna be able to organize a meeting. Where are all the other people mississippikj and all them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:28 am 
LOST Newbie

hey guys, any of these places sound good to me, i havnt been able to commit to anything reasontly im writing a term paper so its been pretty hecktic for me.. but one weekend in the near future we need to do some wheeling, i get my lift put on tuesday, so after that ill be totally set for anything pretty much..

3in Rough country lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:11 pm 

mississippimudkj wrote:
hey guys, any of these places sound good to me, i havnt been able to commit to anything reasontly im writing a term paper so its been pretty hecktic for me.. but one weekend in the near future we need to do some wheeling, i get my lift put on tuesday, so after that ill be totally set for anything pretty much..

what part of Miss. are you in?
there may be a real good ride this saturday the 15th i think it would be in LA as usual but right next to the LA/MS border off US hwy 61 if a group of us show we would likely ride for 4-6 hours hitting every thing from mud to steep hill climbs and this trail is very KJ friendly
for a few pics see LA4X4 wilson ride
same area just a few new trails to be run and of corse th old ones too
if you or any one else wants to go let me know so i can tell the trail guides how many rigs??
as it may be obvious i want to ride with a few more KJ's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thats over easter, i have family coming in so i wont be able to do anything over this weekend.. but possible i could make a weekend of it.. but im in the jackson area, central mississippi.

3in Rough country lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:06 pm 

mississippimudkj wrote:
Thats over easter, i have family coming in so i wont be able to do anything over this weekend.. but possible i could make a weekend of it.. but im in the jackson area, central mississippi.

what about the following weekend 4/23??
it looks like a real big ride that sunday it looks like your about 3 hours out so to make it a 1 day trip would not be that bad
i make the trip some times saturday and sunday and its just a bit over 2 hours for me in TJ or right at 100 miles so in a KJ
it should be no problem
if we can get a group then we will take the KJ i would like to see about 6 or 8 KJs out but right now it looks like only 2 :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

I would like to go too, depends on school though. I might have to study for finals or tests, which means Im gonna stay at the house all weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:56 pm 

Endurance wrote:
I would like to go too, depends on school though. I might have to study for finals or tests, which means Im gonna stay at the house all weekend.

i say study first wheel second
because a good job can pay for good mods :D
if you can make it let me know asap so i can try to hold space if need be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

4/23 Im having my eagle cermony.. ill try the weekend after that...

3in Rough country lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:55 pm 

mississippimudkj wrote:

Eagle scout?
i am an Eagle scout so that is very cool i will go look but i think the next ride will be a while off
the weekend after is the 28 29 and 30 that is the weekend of the jeep jambo and its like $200
i will go and find the next rides and post up the dates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:02 pm 

jason thompson wrote:
mississippimudkj wrote:

Eagle scout?
i am an Eagle scout so that is very cool i will go look but i think the next ride will be a while off
the weekend after is the 28 29 and 30 that is the weekend of the jeep jambo and its like $200
i will go and find the next rides and post up the dates

like i thought the next rides are June 9 and 10 this should be realy big there will be 2 differant trails but you could run both in one day
the other is July 16 this trail usualy "sells out" but it is realy good and very worth the trip
i dont have any digital pics from the trails in june but if you go to the wrangler area and look i have pics up called a few from a local ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

What are usually the prices to go to wheeling parks? Are we considering to go to a wheeling park or just some wood trails that are open to the public?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:16 pm 

Endurance wrote:
What are usually the prices to go to wheeling parks? Are we considering to go to a wheeling park or just some wood trails that are open to the public?

if yall go ridding with me/us (LA4X4) we wheel private land if we do go next weekend its free
the weekend after that its like $5 or $10same area maby not the same trail we ride 3 plots 1 is huge but may be to much for a KJ the other 2 are still very big because you could only wheel 1 place in a day usualy about 4-6+ hours on the trail not counting any prep work or post trail air up stuff
as far as the one that i think is to much for a KJ if you were lifted and not scared of very step hills or the reciveing end of a strap i would say ok if it were dry but i have seen stock TJ with unexprinced drivers have much trouble when it was dry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Greetings....just saw the Southern L.O.S.T. group and decided I should drop a line in on this thing....I'm in Memphis and got some friends that own land out in Somerville and Arlington that are loads of fun to ride on. Last time (high school about 6yrs ago, but still friends with the property owner) i went to the Somerville Property (3500 acres approx.) there was this 40 foot hill at about a 25 degree angle with mud about 2.5 feet deep that you could climb. We made it up in a Ford Bronco with a 3 in lift and 42" tires of a make I can't quite remember. Hell of a time, there is a tree at the top you have to try and avoid too, that is if it is still there. But anyways, maybe I could help setup something possibly for us, if all are interested for July perhaps. I'll talk to my friend whose family owns the property andsee if it would be cool. LEave me some feedback if interested or whatnot. The Arlington Property is fairly small but has some nice hills and mud puddles after it rains, I was out there in January, the 4x2 I have did fairly well, considering I went through an "obstacle" the wrong way, and was still able to manage out of it without a tow. Take care.

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:30 pm 
LOST Member

Pre-Jambo run on the 23rd sounds great! We need some more KJs to come on down. Good people, good wheelin... can't go wrong. I'd also be in to driving up to the Memphis/Sommerville area for some ridin. It'd be a good excuse to finally go to Graceland too :)