It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: more trail rides *HUGE* update!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:23 pm 
This member has been Banned

ok folks heres the scoop to the best of my knoelage at this time
the differant clubs here in LA are getting ready for the 4X4 expo it is put on simular to camp jeep but it is open to all 4wheel drives we will have the 101 and blah blah blah
the point is that every weekend from now until the day of the expo we will be working on the two trails that we will run
travis ,nolakj, has rode one the other is only available once a year and that is for this event how ever during the "work" days we go out and "clear" the trails i find that this is by far the best time to wheel because the crowd is small ,10 rigs or less usualy so you get to wheel the trails in both directions several times to see what "works" best oor what is the most fun
i will post up dates and times in this section as they come up but if you want to ride and need time to plan i think the expo is June 10th if i am wrong i will change it

I realy hope to see some of you guys take advantage of these opportunities i dont see where elese you could do all this wheeling unless you live close to some public land and there is not much of that in the south
so if you are intereted and want to go just post up any questions and i will answer them as best as i can
i know the area well so as far as hotels and that kinda stuff i can help out

Last edited by jason thompson on Sun May 07, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So I reckon there isn't much in the form of beginner or 4x2 capable trail riding at this event? If I'm wrong in that thought i might be interested, but hotel cash will be hard to come by so are there any decent camping areas that aren't too bad or something like that? Thanks for the invite nonetheless.

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:43 pm 

RockyMtEditionKJ wrote:
So I reckon there isn't much in the form of beginner or 4x2 capable trail riding at this event? If I'm wrong in that thought i might be interested, but hotel cash will be hard to come by so are there any decent camping areas that aren't too bad or something like that? Thanks for the invite nonetheless.

no there is nothing that will be 4X2 friendly ,the hill climbs will be just a little to much, but i would say to still come out and check out the event there will be more to do than just trail rides or maby hook up with some of the other guys with 4 wheel drive and just ride with them we do it all the time usualy to let guys with smaller rigs see what the harder trails are like
so that they go home and build up their rigs so that they can run the harder trails

Post subject: up coming dates
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:29 pm 

ok if any one wants to help out and then ride we will be heading out to do some trail prep work on sat. may 6th or maby sun. may 7th
if you want to go ride let me know i will give directions
or just map quest Hammond LA for an idea of how far

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wish i could make it down to help and tag along for the ride and everything but school finishes up next week so I won't be able to make it.....i hope it all goes well for ya

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:28 pm 

we are ridding on Sunday May 7th and Saturday May 13th
want to go??? drop me a pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:00 pm 

add May the 20th to that list
the exit is I55 and hwy190 in Hammond Louisiana
this will also be the sight for the 4X4 expo on June the 10th

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:19 pm 

well if any body was on the edge about this event this should push you over
we just got back from "maping" out the trails on one of the 2 sites and all i can say is "holly c@#p" this is going to be awsum
we have a few hills that we almost could not walk up and one that we just slid down so i realy cant wait to get the bridges built next weekend so we can try to drive them and i should have up some pics
we also have one area that is almost like a giant pit with trails going in and out from all different directions and ranging from OH
OH S@#$!
they have also extended the time frame to be all weekend
on friday we will have a meet and greet
on saturday we will run the test track and have a show and shine for the "better drivers" there will be a contest on the test track and prizes will be awarded
then last the big day is sunday we will run trails from 9:00 am until we cant ride any more
with all this i can not see any reason not to go
you can only go for one day or the other and i would think that sunday would be that day
if the 9:00 am start is a problem we will be swiching groups or trails at about 11:30 then heading back to wheel some more
i will be a trail guid on the harder trail so thats the one that i want to see the libertys on
pm me or post up with any questions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 3:30 pm 

one more thing that i forgot it is sponcored
by superlift so that means some good prizes

Last edited by jason thompson on Mon May 08, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:30 pm 
LOST Member

Now that Jazzfest is over I am game. Probably that Sunday. Come on guys/gals. Let's have a strong showing. Who else is in? That 4x4 expo is going to be awesome too!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:41 pm 

hey Travis
are you in for any work days?
i will be out at all of them so if you want to go just post up
but if you dont or cant make it to one of the next two we are working on an obstical that will be called "the crack" and it promises to be
huge or tight but great any way you squeez it
use your imaganation as to what it could be :twisted:
when i can get a few teaser pics i will but we all know that they will not do it justice
and dont fear it wont be like the "side winder" that messed up my door it will be more off camber with less chance for body damage
and it will be going up hill :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:45 am 
LOST Member

Just so happens Ill be in Slidell on vacation that weekend, Id be more than happy to ride out and partake in this. Any camping going on also? My fiance' and I love to trail ride. Ive been wanting to meet with some of the GA guys and do some mud trials but nobody seems to know anything about it. Count me in for now. Ill be there Thursday night if anyone needs help or has anything to do for friday.

Centerline rims 135/15 and 31x12's
"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:17 am 
LOST Member

Hey Jason. I am in for a work day for sure. I will give you a call. Sounds like the Expo is going to be sweeeeeet!

Come on MudTrac!!! Look forward to meeting you and wheeling with another KJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:30 pm 

MudTrac wrote:
Just so happens Ill be in Slidell on vacation that weekend, Id be more than happy to ride out and partake in this. Any camping going on also? My fiance' and I love to trail ride. Ive been wanting to meet with some of the GA guys and do some mud trials but nobody seems to know anything about it. Count me in for now. Ill be there Thursday night if anyone needs help or has anything to do for friday.

you will be in slidell for the weekend of the expo??
if so you will be about as far out from the events as i will so no need to move any closer if you want to do the "whole shooting mach" i will post up all the times and places and for some i will pm "secrets"
look forward to seeing you there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:31 pm 
LOST Member

really its only about 45 min to Hammond, thats where this stuff is right? Either way im up for the trek, always good to meet some new guys. Ill be down in Kenner on Friday day I think? My dad works for Sirroco, they own Pat O's I used to work for Pat O's in the summers. So if anyone needs some drinks.....

Oh by the way I heard that the fish house in Bush was blown down? Is this true!?!

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:43 am 

MudTrac wrote:
really its only about 45 min to Hammond, thats where this stuff is right? Either way im up for the trek, always good to meet some new guys. Ill be down in Kenner on Friday day I think? My dad works for Sirroco, they own Pat O's I used to work for Pat O's in the summers. So if anyone needs some drinks.....

Oh by the way I heard that the fish house in Bush was blown down? Is this true!?!

yes every thing is in Hammond
you will be down this Friday?
if so and want too ride we will be doing some work to prep. for the expo in June
we usualy meet at the Exxon on the corner of veterains and williams in kenner if you are up for a ride you are more than welcome to join us
we roll out the gas station for 7:00-7:15am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:48 am 
LOST Member

Oh no I ment the weekend of the expo. Ill be there that friday. I might be up that way before then also though, if so Ill PM you and let ya know.

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:14 am 

MudTrac wrote:
Oh no I ment the weekend of the expo. Ill be there that friday. I might be up that way before then also though, if so Ill PM you and let ya know.

ok thats cool but the weekend of i will be some what busy working at the expo but still come out there will be a lot to do that weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:58 pm 

go check out the teaser pics in the trail rides/meetings section
these rides over the next few weeks will be very fun especialy any rides after the work on the 20th
because all the trails will be finished and it will be all practice for the trail guides wich is when i think i will almost be beging for guys with KJs to come out and ride i dont want to have 10-15 stock or nearly stock jeeps trying to get up these hills and no practice getting them up these hills
not that i doubt that i can do it its just that we need practice with good drivers in stock rigs so when we get folks out here who have never been offroad we know how to get them through

Post subject: keeping the thred up to date
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:40 pm 

well with work (my job) and work (my hobby) keeping this thred as current as i can gets hard so here is what i forgot
we will be "prerunning" the trails the weekend of June 4&5 probably only one day but maby both i will try to run them on saturday but if i can get a few of you guys to commit to riding then i will try to make it both or the one that fits best for any body who would be traveling
if you want to come down but need more info i can get you any thing you need but you need to ask
ths event will be huge there are 4 differant clubs that are putting it on so you can bet there will be over 200 rigs out there