It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:18 am 
LOST Member

how many guys do you think would be out on the prerun? if there are less guys then id rather go on the prerun and chill out then to have to mess with 200 rigs... I can chnage the time Im coming to Slidell for this. 4th and 5th work for me.

Centerline rims 135/15 and 31x12's
"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:36 pm 
LOST Member

June 4th is a Sunday. I am totally in for that weekend (either the 3rd or the 4th) as well as the Expo. Come on down Mudtrac! If we could get 3 KJs out on the trail it would be a great showing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:58 pm 
This member has been Banned

MudTrac wrote:
how many guys do you think would be out on the prerun? if there are less guys then id rather go on the prerun and chill out then to have to mess with 200 rigs... I can chnage the time Im coming to Slidell for this. 4th and 5th work for me.

i would bet that the pre run will be on the 3rd
dont worry about the large # of rigs we will be spliting folks up into several smaller groups with no more than 20 rigs in a group any more than that and the rides seem to take a very long time

if all you can make is the 4th then thats fine iu could probably get a "sneek" but i would hate to even ask to do that for 3 or 4 rigs
if we could get like 8 or 10 then i know that would not be a problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:47 am 
LOST Member

Well let me know about the prerun more. My dad who lives in Slidell, has a birthday on the 2nd and I was thinking of coming up that weekend instead anyway. Plus some of the guys here are wanting a trail ride on the 10th. Is this land private or public? Im guessing private due to some of the things you have said. If you can get enough guys to say go on the 3rd then that would be cool. what kind of trail is it? mostly open / mud or tight spots and climbing? Good ops for pin striping? L8R

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:07 pm 

MudTrac wrote:
Well let me know about the prerun more. My dad who lives in Slidell, has a birthday on the 2nd and I was thinking of coming up that weekend instead anyway. Plus some of the guys here are wanting a trail ride on the 10th. Is this land private or public? Im guessing private due to some of the things you have said. If you can get enough guys to say go on the 3rd then that would be cool. what kind of trail is it? mostly open / mud or tight spots and climbing? Good ops for pin striping? L8R

as soon as i get dates for the prerun that are written in stone i will post up
if there is a group that wants to ride on the 10th then tell them to come on down or over wich ever that may be as i said if you all give me the dates that yall want to ride i will try to make something happen
as far as what type of ridding ,lit is with out a doubt a very mixed bag there is there is a realy big hole more like an old minning site with trails leading down that range in difficulty from doable in a honda crv to give a rubicon trouble ,at the bottom there are several mud pits (i dont do mud so i wont try to give depths)
the trails by the prerun should be pin stripe free on the trails it will be easily doable in a stock KJ because thats kinda the point of the expo but there will be options ,as seen in the pics, that a locker is almost a must but still doable stock if you want to try
we would realy like to see a group of KJs out therebut no one around here seems to wheel there libertys so like they say in the price is right
"COME ON DOWN"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:12 am 

mark your callenders for June 3 that is the day of the pre-run and June 9-11for the expo it will be awsum
we have completed the trails and the only person on this board that has seen them is nolakj so i will let him post up what he thinks i will tell you this there is one spot on the north trail that will be tough for a KJ and rock slider will almost be a must and full set of skids including trans will be required to even try the north but the 3 pcs factory skids should be all you need for the rest of the trails
i would like to see some KJs out there so come guys are yall ridding or rotting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:09 pm 
LOST Member

Ok guess Im coming up for the 3rd.

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:28 pm 
LOST Member

The trail Jason speaks of is AWESOME. Some pucker factor, some mild streches. It has it all. You will enjoy it MudTrac. The test track is cool too. I can't wait!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:39 pm 
LOST Member

How many other guys have commited to running on the 3rd? and is the 3rd going to cost any money to run? this is a private park right?

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:47 pm 

MudTrac wrote:
How many other guys have commited to running on the 3rd? and is the 3rd going to cost any money to run? this is a private park right?

it may cost $5 if that
no numbers they are keeping on the D/L until like a week befor but i would say maby 10-15 in a group if that
not a ptivate park one site is just a large pcs. of private land the other is public land but is off limits except for the expo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:24 pm 

ok folks
1 week and 1 day till prerun
and 2 weeks until the expo
i have seen only 2 people post up that they are coming out is that all?
i find it hard to belive that only 2 people besides my self want in on some mega trail rides
we are going out tomarow to work on the trails we will have 2 KJs out then i will take some pics and maby a video to show a sneek preview of whats to come
i hope that after that i get a better responce and some others come out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:14 am 

well here it is the "101" is ready
the trails are clean and ready
all we need now is to have a "prerun" and then the expo
here are some pics of the "101" we did not get out to the trails yesterday i may try to get out there tomarow after work

if you want to go to the expo and need a hotel room there are several close by that range from $75-$100 a night
if you have questions dont be shy call me on my cell 504-416-2486 and i will answer any questions you may have

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:28 am 

if you dont want to call me and just want to show up then here is what i have for a schedule
Saturday June 3rd 8:30am community motors "prerun"
Friday June 9th ?:??pm meet and greet
Saturdy June 10th 9:00 show and shine "101"/test track compition with prizes
Sunday June 11th 8:30 Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot to line up for trails
all of the expo/prerun activites are off I-55 exit 32
a stock KJ can run every trail except for 1 the risk for body damage is high on this trail the rest will have hard and easy spots and the hardest spots will have bypasses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I appreciate the offers in coming down but no can do for the first year according to parentals, next summer I'll be a wheelin fool and hopefully should make quite a few trips out to places...thanks again for the invite though

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:47 am 
LOST Member

Man!!!!! The 101 test track is too much fun. I can't wait to run it again. If you can make it I would highly reccomend you come on down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:40 pm 
LOST Member

Im going to be in Slidell tomorrow and I can come ride out that way on saturday if your still doing your test run. I would love to kick some of that louisiana gumbo up. let me know the plans time where to meet, l8r

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:05 pm 

MudTrac wrote:
Im going to be in Slidell tomorrow and I can come ride out that way on saturday if your still doing your test run. I would love to kick some of that louisiana gumbo up. let me know the plans time where to meet, l8r

yes we are ridding saturday and i would realy enjoy having you out with us
we will be riding all day hitting all the trails even thae hardest ,not that you must, so plan on a good day
we will meet at community motors wich i think is the the first exit north of I-12 on I-55 we meet at 8:30am
coming from slidell when you head north on I-55 just look for the jeep dealer on the left take that exit then take the next left pass the crackerbarrel all the way down to the dealer if we are not by the road pull down the gravel road just past the new p/u's and go to the test track
call me if you need mor or better info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:58 am 
LOST Member

Looking forward to meeting you Mudtrac!!!!!

So Jason, which trails will we be running this weekend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:59 am 
LOST Member

I have to say you guys really know how to hit the trails. It makes me not want to even waist the time on the FL stuff any more. Thanks for extending the invite to me. We got back to FL last night around midnight. Ill have some pics up soon.

PICS:

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:45 am 
LOST Member

Yo Mudtrac!! It was a good time runnin with another KJ out there man. Glad you made it. I think I am going to order that Daystar kit this week after seeing how well it performed. Come and run with us any time you're in the area.