It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For Sale - Tal & Hadas Grill Guard w/ Skid Plate from '0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:21 am 
LOST Newbie

Well after an attempt to combine 2 vehicles into one my wife and I have traded and no longer have my '05 CRD. Knowing I was gonna take a hit on the trade I pulled a few items off of it rather than simply give them to the dealer. I had purchased a Tal & Hadas Grill Guard and Skid Plate in an effort to set it apart from the other Liberty’s in the area. It is solid stainless steel (polished) and is in perfect shape. It requires no drilling to mount which is a great feature.

As you can imagine, it goes great with the polished front grill. While I would not use this as a cow catcher or to push another vehicle it looks great on the Liberty. While it would not serve as a cow catcher it did not move a bit while driving and mounted real well. It will require 4 new little spring bolts since there is no way to reuse them. They call it a M8 Turn Nut It slips into a hole and then pivots to accept the bolt. I had never used one before so it was a bit interesting from a design viewpoint. I still have all the instructions etc.

I paid $658 and was hoping to get around $500 for it. It came as two parts but when I removed it I merely unbolted it from the truck and left the two pieces bolted together. Right above the plate you have two bolts that are made to be replaced with the bolts on lights if desired. I always thought a nice set of round lights would have blended with the headlights but I didn’t get that far.

I also have a molded rubber liner for the rear hatch area. It’s the Jeep item (slate color) that has the lip around the perimeter and is equipped with the little flaps that open to allow access to the tie down points in the floor area if desired. I paid $85 and I was hoping to get $50 for it. It’s brand new.

I live in Clearwater and would prefer to not attempt to ship these items due to the size and weight.

I have some pictures of the guard mounted on my Liberty and will be glad to email them to anybody who would like to see it as opposed to the generic photos at most retail sites. Give me a shout at driverj@lucent.com if you are interested in seeing the photos.

Thanks!

Mike

Since I can't load the photos ... here's a link to a few shots of the grill as it was mounted on my CRD. It's a good looking unit and somebody needs to jump on this purchase ... plus I need to get it out of the garage!!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/largosooner/detail?.dir=a8e4re2&.dnm=554fre2.jpg&.src=ph
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/largosoon ... pg&.src=ph

Last edited by m_driver on Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, I sent you an email, Im interested in the rear cargo mat. Let me know, Im in Tampa so no shipping!