And 2 trannys
Type 1 beetle
Type 1 super beetle

Centerline rims 135/15 and 31x12's
"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject: what do you need to know
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

what do you want to know the ae 1600 is a 71-72 motor the h4 i belive is a 68-69 motor not a motor i would use and i think the b5 motor would be a 70 motor but if you need more i need what you want to know and the type 3 will not work with the two bug trannys but the other engines should... i have a friend that was the owner of the bug hut here in orlando just let n=me know ill get what you need to know

Resse class 3 hitch
magna flow muffler
custom led jeep 3rd brake light
custom led front turn signals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:15 am 
LOST Member

hrm...
I got the H U and B motors off a buddy of mine and Im pretty sure he had the U on the rail im fixing up, with one of the bug trannys, but now i dont know. I was planning on keeping the U motor with the bug tranny, maybe not now. I will have to do some more digging on this. The kind of info im looking for is more of the recommendations for a good base of parts to finish building the motors. I have a new valve train and heads on old oil pump, need oil cooler, need fan, tin and im going to try and rebuild the 34 pict 3 and there is a 009 on it right now, I need intakes for it, and then I need to get disk breaks and finish the frame, For this first version i want to just get her running, nothign crazy, then maybe save up go dual carbs and bigger bore, but thats down the road. Im kinda interested in the not being able to use the U motor with the 113 Tranny. Thanks for the heads up.

I live over in debary/sanford about 15min east of Orlando, have you had/have a rail? Thanks again

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

never have a rail grew up rebuilding old beetle (type 1) i had a 65 and work on 68 69's and we made a 73 baha now let me pull the books cause i was thinking on the lines for the beetles :oops: now the tranny and the type 3 might bolt up but let me check and if you need some help let me know im a big gear-head and a rail sounds fun

Resse class 3 hitch
magna flow muffler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:30 am 
LOST Member

Yeah, with as much VW experience you have I could use some pointers if you wanted to help, or you could come over maybe and look and see what i got myself into :shock: My sandrail is about 50% there, still need to finish sanding, replace on cross member and replace the floor (diamond plate), the motors... not even sure where to begin, im pretty engine savvy, but thats on Ford, Honda, and Chevy.. never done a VW, but Im up for anything. Ill be tinkering this sunday. let me know if you were interested in checking it all out or not? Thanks , Oh and would be nice to meet a fellow CRD... not too many of us in CFL that Ive seen

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:40 pm 
LOST Member

Hey here is another quick question, why would you want to take 1500 single port heads and cylinders and put them on a 1600 dual port block? This is what I have from the blocks I got, well thats what I was told... I have the old 1600 heads and cylinders.. but the cylinders are on the 1500 block? Im so comfused on this stuff.. My guess was some kind of stroker setup? But why go from dual ports to single ports?

I also have a Solex 28 and 34 PICT carbs that need to rebuilt for now, It would take me some time to come up with new $$ for carbs, would like to get her running with the 34 PICT 3 instead... just need intakes and linkage.

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

not sure why but the 1600 block is whats called a dual relief block and the other heads and or cylinders may have had issuse i would need to look more into it thats the fun ....figureing what the helll someone else was thinking as for this weekend i will not be able to help but the following weekend i should be free to help

Resse class 3 hitch
magna flow muffler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 am 
LOST Member

Well, maybe we can get together in Febuary, Ill be in MS after this weekend. There will be plenty of time to work on it, LOL, It needs a lot of love. Im going to break down the B block this weekend and just get a better feel of how the motors are put together. Ive been looking at getting soe new dual port heads for the motor im thinking of using. So much money and so little funding...

Wes... I should have the pics up today, or atleast one of the rail by itself.

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

That will work i would help but ive been out of work for a week plus with phemonia but feb or when you get back hit me up ill do what i can... sounds like a fun build :D

Resse class 3 hitch
magna flow muffler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:31 pm 
LOST Member

Hey back in town.... Dont know if you still want to come check out my mess or not, I will be working on them this Sunday the 27th.... Then out of town till like the 8th but I think we are trying to have a trail ride that weekend maybe?

"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

if you can do something sat. i would be up for it, sunday is my first year wedding anniversary so i cant come out to play that day :lol:

Resse class 3 hitch
magna flow muffler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 am 
LOST Member

UPDATE:

Ok so....I have the rail pulled apart, tranny out and apart (for inspection) the old floor is almost cut out and the front torsion beams are off with the rest of the suspension. Havent moved any on the engines, but after cleaning them up a little, found out that the "H" I had is really a "AH" so its 1600 not 1500 like I thought. Im going to be getting new from beams with tierods and new spindels, rear disk breaks, putting the tranny back together, its really clean and the pinion and the ring look great. Ordered the new diamond plate floor, and should be deciding on the pedel cluster soon.

So the engine is my speed bump.... just need more time to think about what to do.

Ill really try and get some pics soon.

"Do it in the Dirt"