It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wheelin in Tallahassee
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:34 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello!

I’m Rutdggr, new to the site and wanted to post up an introduction in the Florida section as well. I enjoy working/tinkering with 4x4s, especially Jeeps and Chevys, and like to travel around and wheel my rides in a variety of terrains. I have always enjoyed mud, but over the last couple of years, my Jeep buddies have introduced me to krawling also. We are limited on rocks here in North Florida (but there are a few places), but we have a lot of fun wheelin in numerous local sand pits. We also have the Apalachicola National Forest that borders the area, which also offers cool trails.

I’m usually riding at least once a week. If you happen to find yourself passing through Tallahassee sometime, let me know and we’ll see about hanging out at a local spot. Here are my current rides…

2008 KK

Grand Cherokee

J-20

Land Cruiser

Chevy Pickup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 pm 
LOST Addict

No one seems to want to leave their neighborhood to go wheeling.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Can't blame them with the price of fuel now, but maybe one day someone might get the chance to check out this area...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:35 pm 
LOST Addict

I drive a diesel and I still go out almost each weekend. I am the only KJ, but I digress.... I might be going back to UT much quicker than originally planned so it's all moot right now.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't have any experience with the CRD, but I do wonder how they perform. Would like to watch one on a trail someday.

I was hoping that my intro post was not trying to brag on my rides, just trying to show that I like to ride often, really like Jeeps, and have built a few old trucks to wheel while learning a few things during the builds...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:48 am 
LOST Newbie

I have always liked to receive those late-night phone calls for a rescue. Got another one last night from Ole Yella, which made for a good start to the holiday weekend.

In the picture, you can see the horizontal white stripe about the middle of the frame. That is the side of the road. My Liberty is parked in the road while the strap was being hooked up, and the faint red and blue color in the rear window of the Liberty is the reflection from the flashing police cruiser lights, whose headlights were shining on the back of the TJ. A county deputy rode by before I got there and stopped to talk with my buddies. By the time I got there a few minutes later, she was even asking them what their problem was since they were in a Jeep and we all gave him grief for his lack of driving skill. It was a pretty good laugh.

A quick pull got the TJ from being high-centered and the deputy rode on, then we went to another near-by spot to hang out and figure out what else we could get into…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:44 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Have any of you guys thought about going to the East Coast Safari?

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 am 
LOST Newbie

I read up alittle on the event, and would really like to try and attend the event in the future. Right now the rest of my year is planned around some big local events coming up in August, October, and November as well as our weekly adventures, maybe I can see about making it next year. Thanks for mentioning it to me.

I should have also mentioned in my post above that nothing illegal was being done last night. We are part of a hunting lease on private property, and Ole Yella was trying to get in one of the back entrances. A couple of the ways in require driving up soft sand hills. The main entrances in the front of the property are good roads that can accomodate trailers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 am 
LOST Newbie

Yesterday was my friend’s birthday and since we were having a good rain, we headed down to a local hole. I wanted to give the birthday girl a chance to get dirty, mission accomplished after this shower!

After the J-20 went down in this hole, Chris (Superman) showed us how to get it done by cross-threading the hole. His BFG Krawler tires impressed me in the mud all afternoon.

This is where my camera got wet from the rain, and this picture shows how muddy everything was. Anywhere you walked, the ground would sink in a couple of inches.

Ole Yella makin some great passes with street tires.

Still playin @ dark…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I can't believe it's almost been a year since I last up-dated this thread. I'm still around, and still wheelin. Here's a few recent shots...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 am 
LOST Newbie

A few more pics...

My Liberty:

My Chevy:

My Land Cruiser: