Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... 134#362134

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 am 
LOST Addict

I see a snorkel in your future

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 am 
LOST Newbie

Cool pictures, thank you for sharing them!

I talked to our Jeep club about you all during our club ride Friday night. A few mentioned they would be interested in riding over to the ONF sometime. Our ride went late into the night. We had a very good turn-out, and some great wheelin. Everyone had such a good time, we see more night rides in the future...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I have never done a night ride....YET! I will have to see if Osceola is open for riding at night. If you are interested in getting a ride there let me know. I don't know the place good enough to lead a ride but I know a couple of guys that do. One reason to not just follow a map is there is an 8' deep whole in one of the trails. Good bye Jeep! :shock: If it's full of water it looks like any other wet spot but it drops off very fast.

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JL Rockies wrote:
I see a snorkel in your future

A snorkel would br great! But first there are a lot of things under the hood that need water proofed first. When things get cooler here I'll start on that.

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rutdggr: The Osceola NF web site doesn't mention anything one way or the other about night driving. I got in touch with "The Mayor of Osceola NF", a guy that lives out there. He said as long as you don't carry any guns it's fine. They do patrol at night and will check for guns.

If you want to set up a ride sometime check with your buddies and let me know. I'll put the word out to a couple of Jeep clubs around here also. :D

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:37 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Terry! That is the same policy in effect over here in the ANF. To be honest, I have only traveled one time in the ONF, and that was at least 7 or 8 years ago. For a return visit over there, I would probably be more interested to going during the daylight (late afternoon?) until I learn the trails better, and I am looking forward to it...

As for the ANF, I ride those trails all the time and know them extensively. It's no big deal to ride those trails at night as I know where the really bad spots are. Here are a couple of pics for our night ride last Friday. The first pic is of my WJ and having to get-on-it to make it through a rough spot (which I didn't), and a couple of pics of the XJs with us after I pointed the way through this crossing. I didn't take my KK with me on this trip because I knew the trails had some tight spots through the trees...