It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My New Home
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

As of today this is my new home on LOSTJEEPS. I will not post in any other section, too much doo doo going on there. It isn't fun any more.

Terry

Post subject: Re: My New Home
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:20 am 
LOST Member

:juggle: :?:

2011 LTZ CrewCab Z71 4x4 Silverado.
Steel Green Metallic.
2" Leveling Kit.
33" Mastercraft A/T-2
Ranch Hand Grille Guard.
Black Low Profile Kobalt Tool Box.
Front & Rear Huskey Liners.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:22 am 
LOST Addict

Yeah. Seems everyone is getting a little to much sand in their you know what. :roll:

I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here is a couple of good examples of what I mean:

1. A member has an avatar that changes from a cross to a fish. Animated. A jerk said "nice avatar", with the rolling eyes.

2. In a somewhat heated discussion about Obama's relative, out of the blue a jerk brought Tommudd's wife into it.

In #1 that happened on a regular forum and no provocation was given to cause such a low blow. The person is a Christian and was just showing it without saying anything. The "jerk" in question was just trying to start an argument.

In #2 Tom wasn't even involved in the discussion.

There is a Pizza place about 100 yards from where I live. I would go there a couple times a day for coffee. I got to know everyone working there. I even helped clear tables when they were real busy with only 1 waitress working. I enjoyed going there and having a relaxing cup of coffee. I know a lot of the regulars also. The owner who knew I have 2 black granddaughters, and voted for Oboma, would come out of the kitchen every day that he worked and start in with racist remarks about Obama. He was use the "N" word or call him a spear chucker etc. I didn't mix words with him at all. I told him to shut his F'ing racist mouth and let me enjoy my coffee. I talked to his wife about it. Nothing changed. Finally one day, when I really needed some piece and quite with my coffee (he wasn't supposed to be working that day) he came out of the kitchen and started. I had about 1/2 cup left and I went up to the waitress and paid for my coffee. I told her it was nice knowing her but I will never come back in here again. She asked why. So I told her why...in front of him. Then walked out.

The thing is I can be pushed only so far before something is going to happen. When it gets over that line I have no control over what I say or do. The drugs help but they don't stop what is going to happen. So, I just get away from the stimulus that is going to cause me to explode. If I vanish from here one day you will know why.

Terry

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:43 pm 
LOST Junkie

Not to take your discussion off track Terry, but I just saw a picture of your camper. My wife and I are getting more interested in getting a tow behind and wanted something that size maybe smaller. Do mind me asking how much you payed for yours and would you recommend it to anyone.

thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Mine is 18' but they have smaller ones also. Lots of floor plans too. This year they came out with some that have a pop out like a tent trailer in the back. I paid 18k for it. That included options: enclosed screen room, AC, TV and the micro/convection oven. I drove to Hamilton, OH (Cincy) and still saved over 2k on what it would cost me down here. The dealer is Couches RV Nation. I would highly recommend it and have many times. They have what they call an axle riser kit, just a lift kit really. I ordered it from the factory with the lift. The lift is about 3.5" or 4". Now it can be towed off road!

If you want to read stuff about it go here: www.rpod-owners.com

Terry

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Fulltimer wrote:
Here is a couple of good examples of what I mean:

1. A member has an avatar that changes from a cross to a fish. Animated. A jerk said "nice avatar", with the rolling eyes.

2. In a somewhat heated discussion about Obama's relative, out of the blue a jerk brought Tommudd's wife into it.

In #1 that happened on a regular forum and no provocation was given to cause such a low blow. The person is a Christian and was just showing it without saying anything. The "jerk" in question was just trying to start an argument.

In #2 Tom wasn't even involved in the discussion.

There is a Pizza place about 100 yards from where I live. I would go there a couple times a day for coffee. I got to know everyone working there. I even helped clear tables when they were real busy with only 1 waitress working. I enjoyed going there and having a relaxing cup of coffee. I know a lot of the regulars also. The owner who knew I have 2 black granddaughters, and voted for Oboma, would come out of the kitchen every day that he worked and start in with racist remarks about Obama. He was use the "N" word or call him a spear chucker etc. I didn't mix words with him at all. I told him to shut his F'ing racist mouth and let me enjoy my coffee. I talked to his wife about it. Nothing changed. Finally one day, when I really needed some piece and quite with my coffee (he wasn't supposed to be working that day) he came out of the kitchen and started. I had about 1/2 cup left and I went up to the waitress and paid for my coffee. I told her it was nice knowing her but I will never come back in here again. She asked why. So I told her why...in front of him. Then walked out.

The thing is I can be pushed only so far before something is going to happen. When it gets over that line I have no control over what I say or do. The drugs help but they don't stop what is going to happen. So, I just get away from the stimulus that is going to cause me to explode. If I vanish from here one day you will know why.

Terry

I saw #1 and that kinda irked me, but I kept my mouth shut knowing the guy is just a troll and looking for an argument, didn't see #2 but that just ridiculously stupid. People just piss me off.

Terry, if you do just disappear, I still know how to contact ya. :wink:

Theres always JeepKJ.com if you get tired of this place. That's where he who is not mentioned went after he got banned. :lol:

I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.

Last edited by Budke on Mon May 24, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:06 pm 
LOST Member

People these days have no respect for each other and even less for people who have different beliefs than them... i've gotten into a couple of argueing matches because people can't just accept the fact that others do not wish to believe as they do, or because people bash beliefs they don't understand... I just hate to hear people who can't GTFU and stop with all the racist BULLS@&$!! but I guess you just can't fix stupid right? hopefully you do not have to leave Terry.. but if you do and i don't talk to you again, it sure was nice to meet ya!, BTW you still going 28th and 29th Ocala trip right?

mml & 1.25in bl awaiting install (i'm lazzzzyyyy!!)
31x10.50x15 toyo open country a/t's

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The 28th and 29th are out for me. I have company coming.

Terry

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:07 am 
LOST Member

aaawww, well thats just phooey, oh well maybe we will be able to link up later in the year for another trip...

mml & 1.25in bl awaiting install (i'm lazzzzyyyy!!)
31x10.50x15 toyo open country a/t's

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:28 am 
LOST Addict

Hey Terry, know your feelings. I left my camaro board who I was one of the first 60 member sand been fairly active since the beginning. I was selling something and because a couple I didn't sell it to thought they wer first in line, gave me all kinds of crap, plus couple other things... I left end of july last year, just finally logged back on a few weeks ago to keep my account up to date.
Sometimes we all need a break from the world of the net. Maybe due to weather/winter/economy/whatever, people get a burr under their saddle and start all kinds of stuff. I won't tell ya to stay/leave/ or whatever...just a little break may ease it a bit. I think more stuff is started over he internet because you can read the person's voice into it.....I bet half the arguments wouldn't even be if the people were face to face.

Yode, I live about 10 ins from Couch's, they got a few of those Rpods in stock.

Budke, last thing Terry needs is to deal with the one we are not to speak of!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:06 pm 
LOST Addict

TAHOE wrote:

True. He can be a handful. lmao
:-)r

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Budke wrote:
TAHOE wrote:

True. He can be a handful. lmao
:-)r

Myself, I don't have a problem with him.

Terry

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:14 pm 
LOST Addict

Either do I.
I talk to him outside of the forum and he's a pretty cool guy IMO.