It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: first downright lost ride - ocala, fla.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

so we met on a sunday morning in march 2006.....a few of us had actually met each other on previous occasions but basically we were strangers....some of us had been following the LOST web forum for a few years, some had just discovered the site recently, and some were friends who had little knowledge of the internet club....as you'll see in the pictures, we weren't strictly KJ jeep models....(which was cool - "liberty owners sharing trails")....

"mudtrac" and 'kick-it" were chiefly responsible for getting this organized and we started a trail ride topic that ran for a couple weeks and eventually passed 100 post replys.....a couple names that planned to attend had to bail out at the last minute.....we met at a gas station in a cross-roads community on the southern edge of the ocala national forest in central florida.....while waiting for "dispatchedKJ" from clearwater to show up, we decided to take a short run close by called the railroad grade.....the forest is particularly dry at this time but there was still a little water on this route....(it's usually wetter...)....after reaching the end, the gang enjoyed this unplanned side trip so much, they turned around and ran it backwards while I brought the late arrivals from the gas station....

"mudtrac" was trail boss and had planned a ride with a lunch break.....at that time we gathered to discuss forming a local chapter of LOST....we decided on "downright LOST" with the idea that we could expand to include anyone from the south (and anyone else from across the country).....within a few days, we had a new subforum created on the LOST web site.....we've agreed to abide by philosphies of "tread lightly" and "no hostility" and to wheel what we own, everyone is welcome....

it was a very successful first gathering with stuck jeeps, scratches, cb radio chatter, significant partners and friends included, children playing, and anticipation of meeting again for more of the same.....

please add a thoughtful paragraph or two below.....along with your forum nickname, include your name and the names of the family and friends you invited.....where you live....that kind of stuff will allow us to better remember each other the next time....if you want to migrate over some of your own pictures to this tread that would be cool too....

we're gail and steve from orlando and since these are our pictures, you don't see us in the above....we're both pretty good looking though..... :P

'98 TJ sport gunmetal blue
33's with modifications to make them fit....still need a few more things....

first jeep....
'04 liberty sport 4x4 khaki
modified as recommended by L.O.S.T.....major fun on vacation....

L.O.S.T. (in fla.) #000496

Last edited by camper on Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Man these are some great pictures guys. The FL. group is working hard at wheeliong their KJs. Really glad to see Gail and Steve out on the trails in their neck of the woods. These guys came all the way out to Moab last year and wheeled with us. Any friends of Steve and Gail are friends of ours for dang sure. later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can't think of an offroading trip where I've had more fun. It was great meeting everyone. This is a good group of guys and gals.

I'm Wes, my wife is Micki, and my daughter is Olivia. The bottom photo Steve posted are two of my close friends, Daniel (Center) and Kieth (On Right).

Hope we will have some good rides in the future. Instead of Moab, maybe we can organize a yearly trip to Tellico NC??? Moab is great but its just about like driving to the other side of the country.

Wes

http://www.cardomain.com/id/wesbronco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:04 pm 
LOST Member

You guys will NOT have all the fun the next time -- I WILL be there and around the first of every month would work great with me --- and I will be bringing my two Grandboys with me -- GREAT pic,s Gail and Steve we cant wait to meet you guys next time

Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Guys, this trip was just such a good time, even if it wasn't moab or paragon or whatever. I think it was a good first run for our group. I'm Rick, I'm in the green jeep shirt in the 3rd picture from the bottom that Steve posted. That's my girlfriend Sudie in the camo hat next to me. I can't wait till our next run and it was nice to meet everyone.

As for the Tellico idea, if our jeeps (and driving skills) are capable, I think it would be a neat idea to do that once a year. We can get together with Carolina and Georgia Lost, and bring those Southern Lost guys and gals up too. Maybe we can hype it up like the west guys do w/moab and they'll even drive over. See you on the trails...

Rick

Last edited by kickit_in4wheel on Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:53 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Looks like you guys had an awesome turnout for the first run. What a great sign of things to come! Tellico huh? What's a little 3,000 mile drive among friends? :wink:

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:28 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks awesome, way to go guys and gals!
Can you say mud?
We don't have that much mud in the entire state of AZ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

wow that looks like the coolest ride i have seen in a long time....as of tursday i will be down right lost, and i hope that i can join you guys on a trail in the near future!!

"Chromed" Front Grille Inserts
Stock Garbage Tires

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:45 pm 
LOST Member

Welcome and come on down, what part of Fl. you comeing to ?

Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

I am moving to Panama City Beach....I actually grew up in St. Petersburg and will still be making fairly regular trips there. I am really looking forward to actually having the time to go wheeling!!

"Chromed" Front Grille Inserts
Stock Garbage Tires