It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Clubs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:51 am 
LOST Member

How many of you are in Jeep Clubs? I'm in the Peace River Jeepers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've paid dues in the orlando jeep club for a couple years....been on a few campouts with them and maybe half a dozen trail rides in two years....there was one other KJ on one trail ride but I've not seen it at any other function.....they do a lot of things together other than jeep rides but I don't really have the free time to participate much....

I paid dues with the LOSTKJ WEST when I was in moab last year and so receive periodic emails....but since I don't live in their neighborhood, it's mostly symbolic....

I made a contribution to floridajeepers.net last year.....it's strictly a internet jeep club....I went on one night trail ride with some of the forum participants...no one was rude but it's not a KJ group by any stretch....sometimes I still read the forum but not very often anymore.....

I rode with the ocala jeep club one sunday and was given a card and invitation to join but never followed up....

and of course now, I'm happy to be associated with the "downright lost" crowd....to be honest, I didn't know much at all about jeeps and jeep clubs until a couple years ago....so at first I was pretty excited about it all.....I seem to be settling down some now and my ideal "club" would be just a few friendly folks who might want to get together once in a while to ride in the woods....a large group can be fun but it usually requires a formal organization with dues and presidents and compromises....if "downright" goes to that, that will be fine with me and I'll still be interested....otherwise, I have fun with the smaller groups....

'98 TJ sport gunmetal blue
33's with modifications to make them fit....still need a few more things....

first jeep....
'04 liberty sport 4x4 khaki
modified as recommended by L.O.S.T.....major fun on vacation....

L.O.S.T. (in fla.) #000496