It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: some KJ stuff for sale....
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:28 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

before I parted with my KJ, I removed a few things that I hoped I could resell to somebody on the LOST site....I think I'll tell you what I paid for this stuff and then wait a week or two and see what kind of offers I get....if I don't get an offer I can sleep with, then I might hold off until later....I hope that seems fair....

my liberty was an '04 sport model.....the exhaust routing changed in '04 I think which required the allJ "boulderbars" company superskid transmission skid to be slightly modified to clear the catalytic converters....also, when jeep changed the front plastic bumper facia ('05 or '06), it requires some cutting of the plastic to fit the front 2" hitch....

selling the reese front hitch, the poison spyder rear chrysler 8.25 differential cover rock ring, the allJ superskid II transmission skid.....all hardware that came originally is included.....other than being thoroughly tested on off-road trips, there is no damage or modifications to these products....

the poison spyder 8.25 rear differential guard cost me $122 including the freight to my door.....it has all 10 allen head cap screws that recess into the ring....powdercoat black not beat up....stained with georgia clay and moab dust....

the reese R13542 front hitch from hitchfinder in texas cost me $120 including freight to my door.....you have to remove the front bumper facia.....it came with 8 or 10 plastic pop rivets to reattach the front bumper facia and fender flares.....I had a box of these from napa parts (no. 7702871)....rivets... I'll stop at napa this week and purchase another box so I can supply the rivets....if the hitch came with instructions, I can't find them....I think I found the instructions to remove the front bumper on-line but I dont remember where....you have to remove the 7 slot grill and then cut the lower front fender flare rivets (maybe the first four on each side) and some of the wheel well lining rivets.....the front bumper has push button rivets that can be reused.....no drilling needed to the frame but you have to remove the front tow hooks and can't reuse them....

the transmission skid from california "boulderbars" allJ parts is the superskid II for 2004 KJ.....I don't know if it will fit going back to 2003, etc....you can ask here on the forum or email allJ parts....it cost me $240 including the freight from california to florida....it is a heavy sucker and will require a special box to ship so I don't know how much it would cost to ship to someone else....it's got carriage bolts to mount to the transfer case cross member and spacers to keep it off the exhaust routing....you have to drill a new hole for the passenger side carriage bolt.....you use the rear bolts from the front engine skid for mounting the front of this skid....you have to cut a notch in the drivers side rear hole of the front engine skid so that these two skids can overlap and use the same mount threads....this skid has been the greatest product I purchased.....if you don't have transmission protection, you need to make it a priority.....I've had the entire weight of my KJ supported on this skid and the boulderbars rocker rails when I was high centered on a fallen pine tree I tried to crawl over....it's a beast....

of course, I'd much rather sell them to someone from florida and just drive over to deliver them for gas money....I can help you install these is you will drive to me in orlando....I can use the cash so I would charge $25 to install the front hitch and $25 to notch, drill and install the skid....it seems like a lot, but they are both a pain in the butt to do and will take a couple hours each.....the differential ring can be installed without draining the oil....the cover will stay stuck and sealed even when removing the 10 bolts....you can then just lay the ring over the cover and rethread the cap screws....if you want me to do that, I can do it in a few minutes for free....

I just bought a rear dana 44 from a rubicon to swap into my '98 TJ and I ordered my rubicon express superlift kit so I could really benefit from selling this stuff....

I will have a pair of right and left front cv axles to sell as soon as "kickit" gets back to me with one of them I loaned him....

thanks

'98 TJ sport gunmetal blue
33's with modifications to make them fit....still need a few more things....

first jeep....
'04 liberty sport 4x4 khaki
modified as recommended by L.O.S.T.....major fun on vacation....

L.O.S.T. (in fla.) #000496

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:28 pm 
LOST Member

sending pm :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:59 pm 
LOST Member

hey "crackercrd" where in FL are you located? Should come to a trail ride with us.

Centerline rims 135/15 and 31x12's
"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:26 pm 
LOST Member

I'm about 40 miles north of Tampa, in SpringHill. If a stock KJ can handle it, I'm up for a lil dirt(or sand :roll: since thats easier to find around here)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:54 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I've had some bites on these items....cracker and mudtrac and kick-it rick have sent me messages....rick made a cash offer on the rock ring and the other front cv axle that was fair and I responded that I accept....mud-trac had expressed an interest in the ring and hitch....cracker is interested in the hitch and maybe the skid.....mudtrac has first option on the hitch since I sold the ring to rick....make me an offer and I might surprise you....

mud-trac, I think you'd have to cut out some of your front bumper plastic for the hitch to be exposed?.....

first jeep....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

fair hitch offer was made by mud-trac and I accept....thanks

first jeep....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:55 am 
LOST Member

crackercrd wrote:
I'm about 40 miles north of Tampa, in SpringHill. If a stock KJ can handle it, I'm up for a lil dirt(or sand :roll: since thats easier to find around here)

There isnt much a stock KJ cant handel in FL

Centerline rims 135/15 and 31x12's
"Do it in the Dirt"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:26 pm 
LOST Member

Had my stock upto the headlights in mud and water 6hrs off the showroom floor :twisted:

Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does skid fit the 05s or is that the exhaust routing you are talking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:58 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Does skid fit the 05s or is that the exhaust routing you are talking about?

hello soupKJ and welcome to the florida crowd....I don't really know what fits other than my skid fits my '04.....allJ products changed this skid slightly in 2004 just for the change in the '04 catalytic converter routing...probably it fits fine for your '05 but you can email boulderbars.com and ask them....if you look up top on this web page, you'll see their advertisment banner....they sponsor our web site here....they are great folks....

first jeep....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:05 pm 
LOST Member

yes welcome SoupKJ!! You are the 3rd one of us from Brevard County, woo hoo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:28 pm 
LOST Member

Yes welcome SoupKJ Now we have enough in Brevard County, for a ride YaaaaaaHooooo :D

Off-Road Package,
Rock Rails,
Tow Package, Factory Tow Hooks Front.
Rear Hitch Tow Hook,
750 Watt Inverter,
Cobra 25 WX CB Radio W/ a Cobra HG-M75 Power Mic
Cobra 100 Watt CB Magnet Mount Antenna - HG-A1000
Garmin nuvi 265T

Post subject: Polk County Liberty Country
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello from Polk County. My name is Bryan and I have a problem, I have been addicted to the Liberty since 2003 when I bought my first one. Then we wanted a car (a diesel Jetta) and had it for almost 2 years till the CRD came out and we traded the car for the Lib. (I hated to do that because the car got like 42 mpg :P ) ( the jeep about 21 mpg :x ) But we love the Liberty its 4 wheel drive ,yea baby!

Proud Parent 2005 Liberty Sport CRD White 4x4
2.5 Lift w/minor doo-dads
stock 225 tires 245s coming soon
Nerfs
Rear Light Guards