It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Destinations and Revos No Lift [EZ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Originally on the EZ site from 4/26/04. In case anyone wants to see a couple of different sizes with no lift (and I still think the Destination's look SWEET)

Check this out :twisted:

Unfortunately, they won't be on much longer:( After putting about 20 miles on them, they are just too noisy and stiff. It really changes the way the Jeep drives. 90% of my driving is a short (less than two miles) commute to work, and I don't get over 35 mph. These tires are at their loudest between 25 and 35. The size I got, 225/75/16, fit great though. No rubbing at all (no lift and stock rims). As you can see here, they are not much bigger than stock.
They look incredible too. They are a great tire, but not what I need right now. Thankfully, Firestone has a 30 day program:D The REVO's have been ordered, and as soon as they come in, they will be swapped out. For the REVO's, I'm going with 245/70/16. Same height, but an inch wider. They both happen to be the same price too.

By the way, all 5 mounted and balanced, and the Road Hazard warranty came to $608 (tax included). It's nice to have family. I called another Firestone dealer and got a quote for the same thing... $930!!!

2004 Sport with just enough to get me in trouble 8)
http://picasaweb.google.com/TRCorcoran

Post subject: Destinations and Revos No Lift [EZ]
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Reply from 5/10/04

Ok, I had the Destination's swapped out for the Revo's this weekend. I must say, the ride is much more civilized now 8) As much as I miss the look of the Destination's, I had to do it. Check it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

Does you brother in law still have thoes USED Destinations laying around the shop?

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Actually, that's my brother, and he just started a new job last week. Last I heard, the tires were still sitting there. They are at the Firestone shop in Danvers, MA at the Liberty Tree Mall. They only have about 200 miles on them (spare has 0 ). I aksed my brother a while back what they were going for, and he told me as far as he knew, they were selling them as new. I'm not quite sure if that's legal or not, or if that's what they are doing, but that's all I know. Maybe if you show them these pics, you can get a deal :D I remeber years back buying a set of BFG Comp T/A's for half price because someone put them on their car, and didn't like them. Just because they were on the car for a couple of days, I got $125 tires for $66 each, and they were basically brand new.

Hope this helps!