It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interco trXus MTs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:43 pm 
LOST Member

Anyone running the Interco trXus MT tire.

If so, what size do you have. A friend of mine is a dealer for them and I can get them at cost.

LOST #070673

http://www.delawareja.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes, I have the 255/85/R16. They're great in mud ~ same as a BFG MT/R, but the siping is better in the snow and rain. They're a little quieter but heavier (steering) than I expected. Great sidewall strength, even at 8 psi! I routinely run 15 psi on the trails, and only once got a leak in the bead from some severe mud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:06 pm 
LOST Addict

265/75/16's - Can't agree that it's great mud tire, OK at best. The lugs are to close together to be great. Great on snow, rain, wet rocks, even ice. Very good all around tire on and off road in my opinon. Not very noisy either.

Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had a set of TrXus MT's on the 04 Wrangler and sold them for $40 when they had 14K miles on them. That give you a clue what I think of them?

They could never be balanced, a common problem. If you read the TJ forums you will find lots of folks who have had balance problems with them.

My first choice would be BFG MT's, that's what I put on in place of the TrXus, had no problems with them. Unfortunately they were 15" and the new Rubicon is 16" so I couldn't keep them when I traded.

The Goodyear MT's on the Rubi are a lot noisier than the BFG's were.

Bill Tolle
05 Rubicon
04 Liberty

If you love offroading and want the trails to stay open please join Blueribbon Coalition.
"Preserving our natural resources FOR the public instead of FROM the public"
http://sharetrails.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:07 pm 

KJ33 wrote:
Yes, I have the 255/85/R16. They're great in mud ~ same as a BFG MT/R, but the siping is better in the snow and rain. They're a little quieter but heavier (steering) than I expected. Great sidewall strength, even at 8 psi! I routinely run 15 psi on the trails, and only once got a leak in the bead from some severe mud.

There's no such thing as a "BFG MT/R" MT/R is made by Goodyear and is not a good mud tire. Great for the rocks, but no good in the mud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

Skyjump136 wrote:
KJ33 wrote:

There's no such thing as a "BFG MT/R" MT/R is made by Goodyear and is not a good mud tire. Great for the rocks, but no good in the mud.

This is the impression I got from reading reviews about the MT/Rs.
I hit the mud quite often, so I got my Firestone's and they handle mud and snow flawlessly. The first day it snowed this winter in Colorado (a Sunday-Tuesday storm, for those of you in Douglas County), I went offroading where I normally go, and I was plowing through the snow like it wasn't there, about a foot deep in most areas. I got into mud in some areas, mixed with the snow obviously, and my tires never got their treads filled once. And I did actually get out and look. This stuff I'm easily doing now would have been impossible with stock tires. I had watched those tires' treads filled with mud so many times (turning to "mud slicks" :().

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:46 pm 
LOST Member

I like the Interco Trxus tire, plus I can get them cheap. My MTRs are great tires, but are about half way through there life span, so looking for a replacement.

Do you think the 255/85 16's will fit on the Moab wheels which are 16x8. Interco suggests a 16x7 rim.

Goodyears website for the MTR suggests a 16x6.5 to 8.0 in rim.

Thanks

LOST #070673

http://www.delawareja.com