It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Costco can't do it!?!?!?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:31 pm 
LOST Member

So I gave Costco a call tonight to find out about gettin some tires put on next week, lookin at the Bridgestone Dueler A/T 693's. Price of 235/70/16's (stock size as I have the upgraded wheel package) is $110.99/tire. This includes installation, disposal of the old ones, lifetime balancing and rotations, and a 50K warranty. Sounds like a great deal right? When I asked about going to 245/70/16's the difference per tire is $5, so i'm definately going to do 245's one way or another. Heres the thing though, I went down there to order them tonight. I told the guy what vehicle it was going on and all, and told him i'd like to order the 245/70/16's and have them installed either next monday, tuesday, or wednesday, depending on when they could fit me in. He punches the vehicle info in his computer, and says "245's arent listed for your vehicle, therefore we are not allowed to install them, I can still however sell you the tire, at a price of $99.99 a tire". So i'm just standin there like WHAT???? The whole reason I want to purchase through them is b/c they include everything in their price, and the lifetime balancing and rotations.

I even said to the guy, "my neighbor had a bigger size installed on his Cherokee a few months back that wasn't listed in your computer, and you all had no problems installing those on his vehicle, and I do understand that if they rub, any damages will void the warranty on the tires, but they shouldn't rub"

Has anybody else who's delt with Costco in the past and thats running bigger tires run into this problem?

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-235/70/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO'S
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite
-Jeep Stainless Steel Coffee Mug
-Autozone Rubber Floor Mats

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

Buy local.

Wilderness rack
Pioneer CD
Tow hooks
Lots of dog hair.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wal-mart, SAMs Club, CostCo and all other "chain" stores will not put any tire on any vehicle that are not listed as Stock size tires. They will sell them to you, but wont install them (for supposedly insurance reasons).

LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:18 pm 
LOST Member

BJ's will if there is one near you (same as Costco I believe), they were going to do mine but I found a better price somewhere else.

245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:30 pm 
LOST Member

Don't have a BJ's around here. Wouldn't trust wally world with something as important as tires, so they're out.

The thing that gets me though is, how come when my neighbor had bigger tires installed on his XJ, that also were not listed in their computer, they had no problem doing it?

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:56 pm 
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever

This is what tire rack is advertising - $ 103.00 ea
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp ... A%2FT+D693
then you have to add shipping + mounting + balancing and the like.
What I did was get a printout off of tire rack where it shows shipping included and took it to my local tire dealer (Just Tires)
I asked them straight out if they could match or better the price and they did. It actually was cheaper going to my local tire dealer
and getting the whole thing done there.
Most probably Costco made a mistake on the quote given to you over the phone and backed out with an excuse.
What I see is that the price given to you by costco is too good to be true.
I put Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos 245/70-16 on my stock libby - no rubbing at all
Hope this helps
pics:
http://www.excelscreenprinting.com/kj/revos1.JPG
http://www.excelscreenprinting.com/kj/revos2.JPG
http://www.excelscreenprinting.com/kj/revos3.JPG
http://www.excelscreenprinting.com/kj/revos4.JPG
http://www.excelscreenprinting.com/kj/revos5.JPG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:13 pm 

Just take them the wheels...they don't know what you're installing them on. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:06 pm 
LOST Member

I would, but then how am I gonna get there and back, drive on the axles???....lol

Actually thats what I thought about the price, and thats how much they are. Cause I went down there the other night and looked at the tire in person and sure enough it even says on the sticker "price includes lifetime balancing and rotations, as well as installation and disposal fees". Thats why I was hoping to get it from them, and the fact my neighbor went bigger with no problems from them and i'm trying to do the same, really annoys the heck out of me.

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Tim,

You might try going back and talking to a different person. Haven't purchased new tires yet, but I did go into a CostCo and ask for a quote for some 245/70R16 BFG T/A KOs and the tire guy used some tire calculator on their cashier PC and said the tires were within 3% of stock geometry so they could install them on My Renegade. - Tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:38 am 
I live here
I live here

I encountered that with Costco last year. They say it is their policy and quite a few other places are doing the same thing. It is getting harder to find places to put non-stock size tires on SUV's, other than off-road shops (which will charge an arm and leg).

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:02 pm 
LOST Member

I do plan to go back either tomorrow night, or sometime Saturday. If I can get them to install them, i'd like to go ahead and order them so i could get them installed sometime this coming week, while I have time off from work.

Tokyojoe, how did you get around their policy? IIRC, you are running bigger tires arent you?

-LOST #005816
-2003 KJ Sport
-3.7L V6
-Factory Fogs
-Sunroof
-Custom Mounted Mag Lite