It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Goodyear Wrangler DURA-TRAC Review
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:12 am 
LOST Addict

do you make more right turns than left tom?

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:44 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
do you make more right turns than left tom?

Nope
right side just always wears faster :wink: Thats the power side so everytime you take off more power there and more wear! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I jumped on the bandwagon and bought 5 of these Saturday. Was $1040 for five 245/75 R16 tires, load range E, mounted, balance, stems, + lifetime insurance for any damage. Only got 4 of them mounted, spare will get put on Tuesday.

I drove them 300 miles that night and they were very quiet. If I listened hard with the radio off I could hear them singing, barely. Definitely not annoying in any way. They rode smooth and I didn't seem to have any problems with squishyness. I didn't check milage drop, I'm kind of afraid to. :lol:

They displayed really good traction on a gravel / mud / water trail. I rode on them through about 3 hours of this trail, complete with creekbeds and was very pleased. I did spin a tire in the rain leaving a stoplight. It sounds normal but I haven't done that with my Blizzaks or Coopers unless I tried to, so I thought I'd mention it. I had no other problems though. I'm excited about them and just hope they get 35,000 miles without getting too worn. If I have to buy another set next year my wife is going to kill me. :roll:

The only other problem I see is they pick up a lot of rocks. Each one probably has about 20 rocks in it right now, after spending the day in gravel.

Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:10 am 
LOST Member

Finally got my set of 5 after waiting 7 weeks....you guys in the US either stopped being them for 2 days or the GoodYear factory workers decided to produce a new batch :shock:
for now they are in the Jeep, waiting for this weekend to mount them on.

Will post some pics.
i went 235 75R15.....hope its not to skinny...

Airtex lift pump

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:50 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Boiler wrote:
I jumped on the bandwagon and bought 5 of these Saturday. Was $1040 for five 245/75 R16 tires, load range E, mounted, balance, stems, + lifetime insurance for any damage. Only got 4 of them mounted, spare will get put on Tuesday.

I drove them 300 miles that night and they were very quiet. If I listened hard with the radio off I could hear them singing, barely. Definitely not annoying in any way. They rode smooth and I didn't seem to have any problems with squishyness. I didn't check milage drop, I'm kind of afraid to. :lol:

They displayed really good traction on a gravel / mud / water trail. I rode on them through about 3 hours of this trail, complete with creekbeds and was very pleased. I did spin a tire in the rain leaving a stoplight. It sounds normal but I haven't done that with my Blizzaks or Coopers unless I tried to, so I thought I'd mention it. I had no other problems though. I'm excited about them and just hope they get 35,000 miles without getting too worn. If I have to buy another set next year my wife is going to kill me. :roll:

The only other problem I see is they pick up a lot of rocks. Each one probably has about 20 rocks in it right now, after spending the day in gravel.

Well it has been 3000 miles and I figured I'd update.
-Though not a problem yet, I can definitely hear these tires on the road, unlike the first weekend.
-Also I've confirmed that their wet pavement acceleration / deceleration traction is pretty weak, though I've noticed nothing bad while cornering. I spin tires here and there though, without really getting on the gas that much.
-Really nice traction off road so far
-They have a little roughness / vibration on the highway, like I might be able to feel the tread lugs slightly. Or it may just be that they are very thick, I think 10 ply, and I'm feeling the road. I'm used to my supersoft Blizzak snow tires so I can feel just about anything now.

Overall I still love them, I just have to be a little more careful how I drive in wet conditions.

Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:16 pm 

Boiler I can imagine that after running what you have these would be a bit more noisy, but then any more aggresive tire is.
Mine have a hum but its not bad at all, worth it for the ride, traction etc I get.
Mine are better on wet roads than what the BFG A/Ts were
I didn't go with the 8 to 10 plys since I knew most of my time would be on roads
no need for that :2cents: just a rougher ride

Wait to you have a chance to really take them off road, you'll like them even better :wink:
I have close to 9000 on mine and rotated 3 times

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

Boiler wrote:
Boiler wrote:

Well it has been 3000 miles and I figured I'd update.
-Though not a problem yet, I can definitely hear these tires on the road, unlike the first weekend.
-Also I've confirmed that their wet pavement acceleration / deceleration traction is pretty weak, though I've noticed nothing bad while cornering. I spin tires here and there though, without really getting on the gas that much.
-Really nice traction off road so far
-They have a little roughness / vibration on the highway, like I might be able to feel the tread lugs slightly. Or it may just be that they are very thick, I think 10 ply, and I'm feeling the road. I'm used to my supersoft Blizzak snow tires so I can feel just about anything now.

Overall I still love them, I just have to be a little more careful how I drive in wet conditions.

I would agree initially mine broke loose a little easy under acceleration, but with 20,000+ km's on them now, I feel they are better in that regard...seem to be broken in now. Deceleration/Braking performance on the other hand has been awesome imho. I have great difficulty getting my ABS to kick in when I get on the brakes hard. Stops really fast and under control.

They have a little hum at highway speed, but less than many other tires with similar aggressive tread patterns.

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

all aboard the Dura Trac Bandwagon... Just got 5 in the mail today. i've put 5 miles on them and love them! every wrangler i passed on the way home gave me the thumbs up. :ROTFL:

Rancho RS5000 rear shocks
Cragar 16x7 Soft 8's
245/75/16 Good Year Wrangler DuraTrac's
painted gas cap

Future mods: CAI, ARB front bumper, JBA UCA's, Warn Winch with some Recovery gear...

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

6spdKJ wrote:
all aboard the Dura Trac Bandwagon... Just got 5 in the mail today. i've put 5 miles on them and love them! every wrangler i passed on the way home gave me the thumbs up. :ROTFL:

Pics please............ :BANANA:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

dieselenthusiast wrote:

Pics please............ :BANANA:

ImageImage
They are great Tires. Just need to trim some of my front bumper; and knock out the stupid Pinch Weld now.

Cragar 16x7 Soft 8's
painted gas cap

Future mods: CAI, ARB front bumper, JBA UCA's, Warn Winch with some Recovery gear...

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Nice pics 6spd! I am absolutely set on getting a set of these.

I have a question though... They're going to be 245/75R16s going on after a 2.5" Skyjacker lift (with Boiler shims and an extra pair of isolators in the rear)is put on by the local shop. The Jeep is in Ontario, Canada with the wife while I'm in Iraq (therefore I won't be able to hammer my welds down, etc). She will not be off-roading it, but will the tires do any/much rubbing with regular road driving until I can get home and take care of it?

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Combat Truck Monkey wrote:

I have a question though... They're going to be 245/75R16s going on after a 2.5" Skyjacker lift (with Boiler shims and an extra pair of isolators in the rear)is put on by the local shop. The Jeep is in Ontario, Canada with the wife while I'm in Iraq (therefore I won't be able to hammer my welds down, etc). She will not be off-roading it, but will the tires do any/much rubbing with regular road driving until I can get home and take care of it?

you don't really need to worry about the pinch weld, only a little rubbing; but with a pair of surgical sisors it's a quick fix. I'll post a picture later today of what NEEDS to be cut. Just let your wife know to take it easy in the parking lot. Your 3 point turnaround is now around 5-6 points. It only rubs the pinch welds and some other spots on the bumper at full lock.

Other than that, these tires are amazing on the road. You can feel them grabbing the pavement as you break, and there really not noisey at all. You'll be happy with these tires.

Cragar 16x7 Soft 8's
painted gas cap

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 9:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Wow, I didn’t realize how much siping that tire has. I wish it was available in a “P” rated size.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

6spdKJ wrote:
Combat Truck Monkey wrote:

you don't really need to worry about the pinch weld, only a little rubbing; but with a pair of surgical sisors it's a quick fix. I'll post a picture later today of what NEEDS to be cut. Just let your wife know to take it easy in the parking lot. Your 3 point turnaround is now around 5-6 points. It only rubs the pinch welds and some other spots on the bumper at full lock.

Other than that, these tires are amazing on the road. You can feel them grabbing the pavement as you break, and there really not noisey at all. You'll be happy with these tires.

Great! Thanks very much!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Mine have approx 20K on them now and are really showing some wear i'm starting to think they will only be good for about 35k

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
Mine have approx 20K on them now and are really showing some wear i'm starting to think they will only be good for about 35k

What PSI do you run them at?

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:36 pm 
LOST Addict

Been at 36psi from day 1. they have worn very evenly and I have rotated every 3 to 4k

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

stumpjumper_09 wrote:
Been at 36psi from day 1. they have worn very evenly and I have rotated every 3 to 4k

What's the max PSI for those?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 am 
LOST Member

here are 2 pics of my new set. (this is just leaving the mechanic shop)
Really good so far. i have 1'000 km on it and i like them a lot. Smooth on the road (except when passing wet metal plate on bridges...) and really good off-road.
We went for a 50Km ride onand off road through the Burgundy region (wine -wine - wine... :pepper: )this week end. it was rather wet and we had 2 serious section uphill in the woods. No worries at all !!

I will place a few pics from this week end ride :JEEPIN:

Airtex lift pump

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm 

UPDATE!!!
11000 miles, 4 rotates so far, 36 lbs of air in them
started at 18/32
average on each was was just over 16/32 ( like 16.25/32 ) so wearing good in my book

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next