It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rubicon Moab wheels
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:44 pm 
LOST Member

I found a set of 5 wheels about 2 hours from me for about $500. What are the advantages of these steel wheels over our stock aluminum wheels? I think the backspacing is different but I dont know if that is good or bad. Are these wheels worth $500 on a unlifted KJ?

L.O.S.T Midwest #058429

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:55 pm 

They're not steel (they are alloy) and they are not worth $500 for just the rims. I got mine for $650 WITH 5 TIRES. Keep looking around. :D

They have .25" more offset and they are 8" wide instead of the stock 7". So overall they stick out 1.25" more on each side. That doesn't really make them good or bad...it just depends on your needs. With a stock KJ the stock wheels are going to utilize the wheel well the best. If you want a little wider look then the Rubicons might work for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

i got mine for 500 for 5 (rims only), including shipping. found them on ebay, but if you search around the forums, i think there are better ways to get them. Anyway, i remounted my stock tires on them, and added tire pressure sensors. my KJ is not lifted and there are no rubbing issues. They look much better than the factory steel rims, the extra inch of width makes a huge difference in apperance. The tires are now wide enough to be flush with the fender flare, gave my KJ a little tougher looking stance.

Here's a thread from jeepkj's forum, with pics of an '04 with no lift and rubi rims:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Took some searching but I got my 5 brand new rubi rims for $250 and 2 hour drive via a jeep club webpage as they were takeoffs.

Love the jeep look of these rims and with the 255/65/16 tires they do give the grocerycrawler a wider stance but also a very noticeable better handling on freeway curves. Only done a bit of dusty trail off the road so can't say I can offer an opinion there. No rubbing issues to report.

Just a lot better looking, handling and riding KJ now.

Padrino 8)

Post subject: Re: Rubicon Moab wheels
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Science_Guy wrote:
I found a set of 5 wheels about 2 hours from me for about $500. What are the advantages of these steel wheels over our stock aluminum wheels? I think the backspacing is different but I dont know if that is good or bad. Are these wheels worth $500 on a unlifted KJ?

I have seen Rubicon Moab rims for way more than $100 apiece. I would snatch those up ASAP. I have seen some pics of Libby's with the Moab rims on em and they look sweet!!!

1961 Willys Wagon