It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Goodyear Wrangler Territorys
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

These are a Goodyear tire made specifically for Canadian Tire. They are not available thru other retailers or Goodyear itself. With that being the case this post probably won't be of much interest to those outside Canada but it will give those of us living here another option, and options are always a good thing...

Goodyear Wrangler Territory LT 225/75R/16 E load rating, with the Little snowflake & Mtn symbol, 18/32 tread depth 10ply ( 8 tread 2 sidewall )

Straight on shot...

A little up close...

rear 3/4 shot...

As these are only available thru C.T there are no reviews thru places like tirerack or 1010tire, I had to rely on the C.T site reviews http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/1/Tires/LightTruckTires/PRD~0052335P/Goodyear%252BWrangler%252BTerritory.jsp?locale=en and what I could find out in cyberspace which was mostly from a guy outwest who had them on his Patriot http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16805

I've driven them for about 400 miles so far and the obvious difference so far is a little noise at slower speeds under 30km but at hwy its barely noticeable.

For my size they were reg around $200 Cnd but on sale for $157. With the crappy weather approaching I needed to ditch my old slicks and jump on the 1st decent sale that provided what I needed, hopefully these will be it. I'll update over the winter.

Post subject: Re: Goodyear Wrangler Territorys
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:35 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

You should like them real well, they are pretty much like the Duratracs we have down here, snow rated etc. Mine did great last winter in the snow, and I now have over 18,000 on my 265-75s Would buy anothet set tomorrow if I needed them :wink:

Post subject: Wrangler Territorys - CT 25% off again next week
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thx Zammer for this post, I put an email sale alert on these at Crappy Tire and they are going 25% off again next week's flyer.

Looking at LT245/75R16 myself and not a bad deal at $172.50 a tire compared to Duratracs (that I really want but can't get better than $200-$220 so far). The Goodyear salesguy I spoke to upsold the Duratrac over the CT model - compared it to a Goodyear Workhorse which it is NOT I've run those on the work truck and are not even in the same league...

They look pretty wicked and price is right - how are they in the snow where you're at so far?

Post subject: Re: Goodyear Wrangler Territorys
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

For $177.94 CA you can get Duratrac "C" load (AKA More confort and less heavy) regular price :-) "E" load are a bit overkill under a Liberty,some folk's here already talk about it in a thread somewhere...Just can't remember wich one... :banghead:

http://www.pmctire.com/manufacturers/go ... q-owl.tire

Update: I just get to Canadian tire store today and seen those tires (Territory), they look "Bad stupid"! Hard rubber, deep tread, heavy I mean "realy heavy".(LT245/75/16 E load)

Samco/OME/Bilstein/JBA4.5/Mattech BTA Machined trans valve body
/BF rugged terrain 245/75/16 on MOAB

ImageImage