It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hankook Dynapro RF10
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:26 pm 
LOST Member

Anybody running these tires? Any thoughts?

I am needing new tires ASAP since I have Wrangler Suckies...I mean St's and there is major snow coming and I'm sure it's not going to go away anytime soon once it dumps. Also need to put the lift in and clean up the wheels I got before I get the tires.

There is a place near me that has these at a reasonalbe price and all of the reviews online appear to be favorable. I personally have had good luck with BF Goodrich on both my classic Broncos (RIP) and I've seen on this website that Duratrac's are the bomb but money is tight and the Hankook's are $50-$70 cheaper per corner. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dez

:JEEPIN: <---Hopefully my Jeep will look like this soon. :BANANA:

Mods:
Skyslider fix, K&N Drop in Filter, 7" Soundstream DVD/CD/MP3 Sirius radio with Navigation, Super 44 OR,
Jet Chip Stage II, Mickey Thompson Classic II's with 245/75/16 Duratracs, 3.5" RK lift, JBA A-Arms, OEM Grill Guard,
KC Daylighters, OEM Skids, Hitch, & Tow Hooks

1973 MGB

Post subject: Re: Hankook Dynapro RF10
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:06 am 
LOST Junkie

FDez wrote:
Anybody running these tires? Any thoughts?

I am needing new tires ASAP since I have Wrangler Suckies...I mean St's and there is major snow coming and I'm sure it's not going to go away anytime soon once it dumps. Also need to put the lift in and clean up the wheels I got before I get the tires.

There is a place near me that has these at a reasonalbe price and all of the reviews online appear to be favorable. I personally have had good luck with BF Goodrich on both my classic Broncos (RIP) and I've seen on this website that Duratrac's are the bomb but money is tight and the Hankook's are $50-$70 cheaper per corner. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dez

:JEEPIN: <---Hopefully my Jeep will look like this soon. :BANANA:

I got them a month ago. darn things are heavy - 215/85/16 - lots of discussion about pressure. run them at 45 max when towing otherwise down to 35. There another thread.

got them online for 136 a copy no tax, free shipping, 22 bucks per balance, disposal, new stem.

Things will wear like iron, and with the CRD lost 2 mpg for weight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:14 am 
LOST Member

Thanks. If you lost 2 mpg's with a CRD I can only assume the mileage would be destroyed in a gasoline engine. I may just have to suck it up and get another set of BF's.

Mods:
Skyslider fix, K&N Drop in Filter, 7" Soundstream DVD/CD/MP3 Sirius radio with Navigation, Super 44 OR,
Jet Chip Stage II, Mickey Thompson Classic II's with 245/75/16 Duratracs, 3.5" RK lift, JBA A-Arms, OEM Grill Guard,

1973 MGB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:43 pm 
LOST Junkie

You can do that, I tow my 3500 lb boat and trailer, these will be awesome, and I'll have'm for 60K at least. Once I get the pressure dialed in I should be able to get better mileage, every tire has it's own sweet spot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:02 pm 
LOST Member

Where did you get those from? There is a Town Fair Tire right around the corner from me and from what I've seen online is that they have some of the best prices around for the sizes I am looking at (245/75/16 or 265/70/16). They also have free alignment, balancing, lifetime rotation and repair, etc., etc..

I keep going back and forth as to what I want to get. :juggle: Being honest with myself, I realize that I am most likely not going to have the time to do much offroading so I may not need the BF's which are better offroad as opposed to the Hankook or Toyo's or something like that which seem to be better on road (at least from everything I've read about them).

Thanks for the input.

Mods:

1973 MGB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

http://www.discounttiredirect.com

136 each no shipping or tax 3 ordered thursday on my driveway wednesday. NTB mounted them for me, 20 wheel including balance, stem and disposal of the old tire. I don't have alignmentm so that's extra, would be nice to have

I rotate them my self when I change the oil. 2 floor jacks from Harborfreight 2 bucks a piece. I keep one in the disaster kit in the back along with the jerkstrap, flares, fluids, when I tow.
The E's are just about bullet proof.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

the 245's list as 120.77 each at the url above