It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: My Treadwright MTR's
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

These tires are really awesome.
I've seen the same set on two different vehicles.
I do have to make note that they are LOUD.
I could probably get used to them, but the two handful of times I rode in the Jeeps with them, they were noticeable.
Miss ya Rachael!
8)

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:45 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I picked up some somewhat aggressive all terrains. Not sure of the brand but they're made in Canada. They are remanufactured. Apparently, they're different from retreads in that they skin the carcus from bead to bead and mold a whole new tire over it. They're not as loud as I like but they do make some noise. The set of four was $469.00 mounted and balanced. About the same price but another seemingly good option. The eBay store is Daniel tire and they're located in akron, Ohio. I'll let you know how they are in time. :D

2010 KK Deep Water Blue,OME Liftplus 1",JBA 5.5 UCA ,Dynaflow cat back exhaust, Weathertech VV & mats,Mopar skids,Atthehelm front bumper, Smittybilt XRC 10, Rigid LED's,RL Skink Supersliders,Gecko Safari Basket Detroit Truetrac rear, E-Locker front, G2, Dana 4.10's

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I love mine, just weigh your options for load ranges. Depending on your habits there are distinct benefits to both.

OME 926/948 w/ OME Shocks, 3/8 Boiler, 1" LTT, a bit of Clevis lift
MOPAR Skids, Custom trans skid
Valley Roof Basket with Extension (when required), Homemade fence post crossbars with Thule system to compliment
Mastercraft A\T Something or another...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:15 am 
LOST Junkie

Ted15 wrote:
will you buy another set?

Actually i never thought about it. Since i turned my Libby into a DD, i might just go A/T or I might even get these exact tires again. I love them so idk why i wouldnt. It's hard because im buying tires for two jeeps and my wranglers 35's are realllllly expensive, so i might just go cheap and buy another set of Guard dog MTR's for my Libby again. idk ill think about it. with no job its kinda hard. i guess im putting that on my Hanukkah list :BANANA:

infernicus wrote:
These tires are really awesome.
I've seen the same set on two different vehicles.
I do have to make note that they are LOUD.
I could probably get used to them, but the two handful of times I rode in the Jeeps with them, they were noticeable.
Miss ya Rachael!
8)

Yes Dean is right. they are loud as H3LL! One time i drove my new friends from college to the 711 near by and they were like "Rachael, WTF IS THAT NOISE!" and i have to go on and explain it. it gets loud at 20-25 mph then again at 35-40 mph then its just a high pitch whitstling hum. yes you really can ignore the sound. i got used to it and if it bugs me, when in doubt TURN UP THE STEREO! :goink:

I miss you too Dean!!!!! :-)r

Ted15 wrote:
I picked up some somewhat aggressive all terrains. Not sure of the brand but they're made in Canada. They are remanufactured. Apparently, they're different from retreads in that they skin the carcus from bead to bead and mold a whole new tire over it. They're not as loud as I like but they do make some noise. The set of four was $469.00 mounted and balanced. About the same price but another seemingly good option. The eBay store is Daniel tire and they're located in akron, Ohio. I'll let you know how they are in time. :D

Yea my tires have the face of an MTR but the tread of a Guard dog. and if you're looking for loud, get mine. people can hear me a mile away (with no exaggeration). i have to drive slow in residential neighborhoods because i wake houses up. That's how loud they are. so if you're looking for loud these are the ones for you. I bought my tires form a friend on this forum (VMKJCRD) he sold them to me for $180 and i gave him $200. i got them mounted and balanced for free because my friend works at Firestone. He's been helping everybody out here.

bunkermonkeycw wrote:
I love mine, just weigh your options for load ranges. Depending on your habits there are distinct benefits to both.

yea true. IDK what i want yet considering its for a DD...

Cookie Monster - 04 Silver TJ Rubicon, 5.5" Rock Krawler, 1.25" Body Lift, 35" Goodyear MTR's