It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: any experience bf longtrail touring ta?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:43 am 
LOST Newbie

I was at my local Sams club and checked on tires for my 06 libby,, which is getting more and more highway use lately,, I commute 120 miles daily as my company cust cost by removing several perks,, my company truck. So now instead of going from my house to the customers site I drive 60 miles to work get my truck then drive past my house to the site and back.. yup somebody thinking there.. back to the subject.. these looked like good summer tires,, had a 60k treadwear,, light tire rated to take the weight of the KJ.. and could do the speed.. not aggressive tire at all.. looked more like a tire for high speed.. which might work,,my commute is mostly done on the Pa turnpike at 70-80mph or better. Anybody try these and if so any good? got a quote of installed w/tax out the door (4) $572. $118 each.

Post subject: Re: any experience bf longtrail touring ta?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:31 am 
LOST Addict

Green has a set, were on the van when purchased summer of 2007. So far they have been great tires. Their road manners are good, they last forever, have good traction in winter conditions handling the Chicago blizzard this year just fine.

Can't comment about their off road ability, but based on what I've done with Grumpy with even cheaper road tires I wouldn't think twice about airing them down and giving them a go.

For piling on the highway miles, I'd buy them again.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I had used them for a while in a slightly smaller than stock Liberty size.
I bought a set of used Cragars and they came with them. I put a good amount of miles on them and they ran great.
I even took them to the trails once and I was surprised at how well they did.
That's also not a bad price. Especially for a 60k mile tire.

With a sagged suspension. And 15 inch rims.

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've been running these BFGs in 235/75-16XL for about 7000 miles and love them, compared to the last set of Yokohama Geolandars I think they ride better, much better wet traction too. Think i paid 116 each. I'm all on highway use though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

I did get them,, ride is great and milage has improved a couple MPG,, maybe up 3 at highway speed.. I got them out the door w/tax for $542. A small shop in Skippack Pa,, creamery tires,, no lifts,, in out 15 minutes and they apologized for taking so long.. Gotta love service like that.. Got a great $ on nitto's for my JK from them,, now have to start skipping lunches to afford them..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 am 
LOST Addict

I was going to buy these from Sam's Club when I was looking for tires. Sam's wouldn't mount the size I wanted or even what was on the Jeep.

I wanted 245/70R16 and had 235/70 on it when I took it in. They claimed the book they had said only to mount 225/75R16 since they wouldn't budge from that I took my money elsewhere and doubt I will ever go back to Sam's club for Jeep tires.

I got something else in the size I wanted at an independent dealer, much better service and better to deal with than sam's

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:31 am 
LOST Addict

Cruiser, did you go with stock size?

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:09 am 
LOST Newbie

Bringing back an old thread.. yes stock size.. but now april 2013 and I'm in need of tires again. These felt great. on road awesome traction. Even did a few off road excursions, read dirt roads, back to the shooting range or back to the lookout on one of the mountain roads a couple miles of bad dirt roads. Not many miles on the libby since they were installed. Now at 86k, 8K this year for inspection, had 13 last year? so thats not many. I think thats 4 sets on this libby. Worn flat, tread bar showing across the whole tread. Rotated every other oil change and no abnormal wear. Just like the last 3 sets. Its been aligned and they did not need to adjust as it was well within specs. I drive it when traveling and she drives to work 2 miles. I get 50-70k on my jk tires so I dont think its driving habits. Her last truck, s-10 4wd got 75 k out of a set of pirelli scorpion at's. She was driving 50 miles round trip to work back then. And she drove that truck hard. I put several sets of brakes on it. Just picked up a set of GY HP's. They were off another libby and on the 17" spoke alum wheels the limited had in 06. Got them for a good price and they have 85% of tread left so I figure if she gets two years out of these its a win. Nicer size.. more options out there in the 17" tires these days than 16".