It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wheel spacers?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:09 am 
LOST Addict

Reviving this thread again, I hope. So, a steel wheel with 2.75" backspacing will give the same affect as the Spidertrax and stock wheels? I have the OME lift and I'm planning on running 235/75/16's, but I want to widen the stance for stability.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:41 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Mountainman wrote:
Reviving this thread again, I hope. So, a steel wheel with 2.75" backspacing will give the same affect as the Spidertrax and stock wheels? I have the OME lift and I'm planning on running 235/75/16's, but I want to widen the stance for stability.

LIFTED use 7 inch wide wheel with 4 inches of backspacing
sits the tire and wheel out to the edge of the flare just right to look good
2.75 inches of backspacing would cause all sorts of problems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:36 am 
LOST Addict

tommudd wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Thanks Tom! After seeing your comments about the spider trax 1.25" spacers, it sounded like going out 1.25 might be ok, depending on the jeep. And, with me running the narrower 235/75/16's, I though I might achieve the same stance with a little less offset? My 245/70's are currently about 2" in from the of the flares, but about flush with the bottom part of the flare. I'm not much worried about looks, just function.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:56 pm 

Mountainman wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Mountainman wrote:

Thanks Tom! After seeing your comments about the spider trax 1.25" spacers, it sounded like going out 1.25 might be ok, depending on the jeep. And, with me running the narrower 235/75/16's, I though I might achieve the same stance with a little less offset? My 245/70's are currently about 2" in from the of the flares, but about flush with the bottom part of the flare. I'm not much worried about looks, just function.

Stock wheels ( that have 5 inches of backspacing ) and 1.25 inch spacers work due to sitting the wheel / tire out about the same as a 4 inch backspaced wheels

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:28 am 
LOST Addict

ok, now I've got it. I thought stock was 4 :roll: Thanks again Tom!

Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Will 1.5 inch spydertrax wheel spacers work the same way as 1.25 thick spacers, I know it's only a quarter of an inch on stock rim with 245/75/16 or they would stick out pass the fenders, anyone has pics wit 1.5 spacers on kk?

hypertech max energy,4.7tb, k&n filter,kj tow hooks, rear curt hitch, ome springs,front iron man shocks 3/8 clevis lift, rear dakota monroe leveling shocks, kj light bar,jensen radio with back up camera, kicker speakers upgrade, renegade headlights, led interior lights Nankang Conqueror AT 245/75/16