It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Installed EVIC now I need TPMS
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I installed an EVIC from a WJ on my 05 CRD. Shows direction, average miles/gal, and now I have two low pressure tires, and two NO pressure tires. As far as I know I do not even have a single TPMS sensor in the stock wheels. I wouldn't mind buying some sensors (for the wife) but I am not sure which ones to buy. Should I buy some ones from the 04 and older that require a magnet or the newers 05 plus ones?

Thanks

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

Post subject: Re: Installed EVIC now I need TPMS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I just wasn't sure which TPMS stems to buy...

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

Kind of an old post, but anyway - The 2005-07 system uses a receiver for the tpms on each front wheel well, and the passenger rear wheel well. You HAVE to use a 2004 EVIC w/ TPMS and sensors for a 2004 TPMS system if you are wanting to add a TPMS system to your 05+ Liberty that didn't have an EVIC w/ PSI to from the factory. You can try to use an 05+ EVIC, but it won't read anything because the additional hardware in the wheel wells aren't there and can't be added.
If you just want an EVIC and don't want the TPMS, then any 04-07 EVIC will work.
If you are worried about programming the sensors, you can use any decently powerful speaker, or car subwoofer to place around the sensor once installed when programming - or just buy the small circle magnet that does the same thing online for $15.
I recently added two '04 EVIC systems w/ TPMS on both my CRD '05 Liberty's with no problems.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks Omaha, I saw you did and I was going to PM you. I guess I have to make sure I used the 04 EVIC (I am pretty sure I did) I will pull it down and check the part number. How much did the TPMS stems cost you and where did you get them?

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Mine are Dorman 974-002. Cheapest place I found them was Amazon and Rockauto for about $34 each, but whatever is available cheapest will work. The Dorman 974-001 are for the 05+ systems.