It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Treadwright Experience
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:52 am 
LOST Member

After a week of reading on-line user reviews on multiple message boards, I pulled the trigger Saturday morning (9/15/12) and ordered (4) 245/75R16 Guard Dogs. On the internet order form is a box where you can type in any special ordering and/or shipping instructions. I wanted Goodyear MTR casings, and I wanted them shipped to the neighbors house so they weren't sitting on my front porch while I was at work. For some reason, the field didn't take what I typed, and when I got my e-mail sales order, it had the default "I would like matching casings please" instructions.

At this point, I decide to call and get it taken care of right away. As it is, since Saturday is not a regular business day, the only ones in are sales reps. I was told since I already ordered, I'd have to go through customer service on Monday, and it wouldn't be a problem since the order wouldn't be processed until then. OK fair enough.

I call first thing Monday morning, and talk to one of the customer service girls and explain what happened, and what I wanted. She listened, and I could hear her typing the new information into the system. She then sent via e-mail a new sales order showing the changes. I have to add that she was very friendly and polite.

Fast forward to last night when I get home from work, and I found out that my order has already shipped and is in transit. According to FedEx, my new tires should arrive on Thursday (9/20/12).

Overall I have found the staff at Treadright to be professional, polite, and knowledgeable. So far, I have had a very positive experience with this company. I will continue to update through the instillation and use of these tires as a user review for anyone who is interested in these tires as an option on their vehicle.

245/75R16 Firestone Destination A/T

Last edited by Voyager on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My Treadwright Experience
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:26 pm 
LOST Member

Four beautiful Tread Dogs arrived today. They look great! The casings are all from 2008, and are a little rough on the sidewalls, but there's no damage at all, just some evidence of previous usage. I can live with that as it's to be expected of a used casing.

Can't wait to get them installed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:29 pm 
LOST Member

how heavy do they feel?
moreso than OEM tires?

• OME 790/948/90009/N32
  • Western Suburbanite 7'4" plow
  • DetoursUSA Backbone
  • HF 12k# winch
[SIZE="1"]WTB: project liberty near N.NJ. stick shift, 4x4, working motor optional, CHEAP[/SIZE]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 pm 
LOST Member

sota wrote:
how heavy do they feel?
moreso than OEM tires?

They do have some weight to them for a 245, that's for sure, but they feel really solid, and the tread is perfect. They are getting installed Monday morning, so pics and an initial driving review will be forthcoming.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 am 
LOST Member

Well, the Treadwrights are installed, and I can say that in the limited driving from the the shop to the house, I like them a lot. They are quieter than my Falkens that were unevenly worn, and they ride much better. Being Load Range E, they are stiff, but not so much that they produce an uncomfortable ride. On the contrary, the Jeep feels more solid and stable now than it did with the old tires.

Here's a couple pics. Pardon the bad lighting, but I'm pressed for time. Going to work shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:13 am 
LOST Member

I have to say that I love these tires more and more each day I drive the Jeep. They are rock solid, but not so much as to give a harsh ride. I took it out on a modest, but mostly un-maintained, township dirt road this past Thursday, and they performed flawlessly...never once breaking traction in the mud puddles and washouts I encountered. Time will tell as it's only been a week since I had them installed (and about 200 miles of mostly paved road driving) but I'd buy them again, and I'd recommend them to anyone looking for new tires without breaking the bank to purchase them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Make sure you rotate every 3-4000 miles
anymore and they'll start cupping bad and once that starts they are done
They are a good company even when the tread starts to come off
fast service in getting you new ones to replace at least
Had some issues getting replacements I had with the last set I had on my friend Chris' KJ took about a month to get everything straightened out
Ended up with 4 new ones, they arrived finally and had them sold three days later !!!

Problem with them is the weight,
way heavy esp. when combined with steel wheels

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:23 pm 
LOST Member

Lookin' good Jayme!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:46 pm 
LOST Addict

yellocoyote wrote:
Might have to look into brake upgrade when it's time to replace pads next go-around.

I did NAPA ultra premium rotors and adaptive one pads the last time I replaced them. Made all the difference in the world!!!

Oh,... but you still have drums in the rear, right?

Jayme, the Treadwrights look good!!! I wish they made a 235/85R16 in the Guard Dog (D).

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 am 
LOST Addict

Mounting the tires on Eugene, I found that they seem rather nice. The tread rubber is starting off a little softer than the MTRs I removed and the kedge grip is visible if you look close enough.

It does appear that Treadwright allows one plug per casing in their remolded tires as two of the five tires had one in them. Based on the uniform appearance of the plugs they where installed by Treadwright before the remolding of the tread.

I had to figure out new bead setting procedures mounting the 265/75R16s on the 8" wide Moab rims, as my normal starting fluid and fire trick was not doing the job. Second time 8" rims have given me trouble in the past month, thus I blame rim width for giving me problems.

Balancing is done using bright green translucent .12g Crosman Airsoft pellets, with three tires getting 6 oz of pellets and the two plugged tires getting 7 oz. During the get dinner/test drive an interstate speed run up to 70 mph was done to check for any wheel hop or vibration due to balance not being achieved. The beads performing flawlessly and we are currently happy with their ability to balance the tires.

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm 
LOST Addict

TreadWright Announces New Bead-to-Bead Remolds!!!

https://www.facebook.com/TreadWrightTires

:)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator