It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 225/75r16 10 ply rated.... what is your thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:23 am 
LOST Newbie

Its going to be tire time for my CRD soon and I would like to stick with the stock size of 225/75-16. I have 235/70-16's now and don't care for the extra width so I want to go back to 225. The problem is there are almost no Passenger rated tires available in the stock size that are an all terrain design and everything I can find locally is hi way tread. In the 225 size there are lots of all terrain tires that are E rated Lt tires though. some of the guys at the tire store say they would ride the same as P rated and some say you would never want to put them on because it would ride like a covered wagon.
The Jeep is a my wifes daily driver and we have two miles of a fairly steep dirt/gravel road with lots of pot holes and bumps for a driveway.
The question is What do you think of running the LT E rated tires in the 225/75 size on the liberty? Has anyone tried it and what is the experience? I know she wouldn't like it If they made the jeep ride like a covered wagon.
Thanks in advance

Post subject: 225/75r16 10 ply rated.... what is your thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 am 
LOST Member

I have e rated tires, Nokian vatiiva's. While I like the tread, the tires are really heavy and are overkill for the jeep. I think the tire rating for two tires could support the jeep. As to riding like a covered wagon? I don't know. The seats aren't too good in the jeep. I wouldn't say that the ride is harsh.

I can say that my next set of tires are going to be Firestone le2's. They come in the stock size too.